This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.

Wow, it is windy here. I've just seen next doors blow away go hurtling past. Not a day for parking under a tree. Hopefully it should ease off through the morning. It is 13 °C and sunny though.

Presuming that rescuing Nicole Kidman's queen bee was part of a dream, and not some obscure game I haven't heard of, that does sound weird. All I did was buy a Ford Capri and then realise that Mr GF would never be able to get out of it even if he managed to get in.

I've no intention of braving the weather and flying debris for a couple of hours. My next job is setting the breadmaker off. I'll be cutting the spiced gingerbread loaf for elevenses. It looks good and smelled good when it came out of the oven. It's not a recipe I've tried before though.

Comment

• My dreams aren’t weird at all..not compared to my OH’s last night.
      He caught a Brittany ferries boat to Windermere with his dad and met up with Clive James.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

I too had a weird dream. It involved taking on an unspayed female grey tabby cat while on a journey back to the UK. It had to be looked after for a few days till our return, so I found a cat lover and basically dumped it on her. Except her husband wasn't very happy about it and started berating her in French, assuming I wouldn't understand. Except I did and replied in perfect French, which really took him aback. I was so pleased with myself I woke myself up! Shame, it was a lovely cat and I really like grey tabby markings. Mr Snoop likes tortoiseshells, it transpires, and we've never had one of those. Perhaps we should find one and adopt it, ideally with a grey tabby. Frankie is the wildest cat we've ever had. The dogs accept him as a pack member but he terrorises them (and us, it has to be said) at every possibility. Bizarre, as we've had him from when he was two weeks old. Must have been very traumatic for him at the start as he's never learnt to trust us.

Busy day today. More of the same plus a Zoom meeting. The man organising it has booked a three-hour meeting. I've never met the people involved and if they start just gasbagging about their project (contemporary architecture but not actual built projects, more ephemeral art installations and philosophy), I'm going to have to find some way of curtailing my involvement in the meeting. I hate Zoom meetings even with family and will have to make a tremendous effort to find something to say. My only job is to translate what they come up with at the end of their project in however many months' time. Mr Snoop's view is that I should bill them for the hours of the meeting, but they won't like that.

Right, must be time for another coffee, surely? Anyone care to join me?

Have a great day whatever you're up to.

Comment

• Morning

Windy here as well GF with gusts of up 46 mph my poor wind socks hanging on and the garden's slowly getting covered in twigs and branches.

Stay safe out there.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• good morning all,not bad outside so far,i am going a walk to wilkos,and see what they got,new dahlia ext,maybe a scim round the indoor market,those that get the wind as in said gales stay safe,ooooh the sun is shinning here,have a good day
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I'd just set the breadmaker off when we got a power cut. Obviously the wind is causing damage somewhere. Weirdly enough the breadmaker kept it's program and timer but nothing else did. The power is back now.💡💡💡 and Mr GF is muttering about another mug of tea.

Comment

• I’ve just finished my fourth mug of tea of the day so I’ll decline offers of more thanks!

Hibou’s brother was a grey tabby. I wish we’d taken him too.
                I’ve always fancied a long haired calico but long fur doesn’t do well here in the wild. We had a long haired cat when we first arrived and eventually he wouldn’t let me comb out the knots from walking in long wet grass in the fields and woods. I ended up chopping off bits I could get to and it wasn’t a super cool look for him poor lad

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Totally grey and not a sign of the sun but its dry,
                  We will be washing the floors and woodwork and putting the furniture back in the conservatory.
                  Not much else on the cards.
                  I might go and buy new blinds for the windows this afternoon.

I can never remember my dreams so nothing dramatic.

Snoop, three hours is a very long time on a Zoom call.

GF hope your cake turns out all, ginger I my favourite.
                  Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• 3 hrs?…yeh, I was thinking the same thing bramble.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday
                      I've often attended Teams meetings scheduled for 1 hour that with lots of provarocation have turned into 3 hour marathons so good luck Snoop!
                      Bright here but very gusty. I'm looking for something to do, it might be yet another jigsaw. Sounds like you're all busy. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                        I can never remember my dreams so nothing dramatic.
                        I only rarely remember them, Bramble. Possibly in this case because I woke myself up with a start.

Comment

• Decided to have toast and marmalade for brunch, it's ages since I had marmalade. Spread it on, thinking it looked a bit dark, took it to the window to see it better and found it to be black. Date on the jar lid? Just checked. July 2021
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, a very windy night and we were not anywhere near the storm. It’s lovely and sunny at the moment although still a bit breezy.
                            Brother has gone home to Australia, no idea when I’ll see him again but it was lovely when he was here.
                            Have had to put off a trip to see our granddaughter due to my bloods being all over the place and so having to put off getting meds for a bit. Fingers crossed all will be well next week and we can get going. Can’t miss her birthday!
                            Nothing on the cards for today, not allowed to do much which is frustrating but hey ho that’s the orders so have to follow them.
                            Have a great day everyone and hope you are not too affected by the winds. Catch you later. x
                            sigpic

Comment

• Must be hard not knowing when you'll see your brother again, Jay22. Fingers and legs crossed for you for next week.

Comment

• Snoop Puss Thank you, much appreciated! x
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X