This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope you get over Covid soon rary!!

Morning all, another fabulous morning. The only problem with that is that it brings the neighbour out at the crack of dawn. No idea what he finds to do so early but I wish he would do it a bit more quietly. Took a walk across the lawn yesterday or what’s left of it. The bit that gets the sun is not too bad but the bit that’s more or less in constant shade is like a muddy bog, it has not faired well over winter.

Nothing planned for today, will take it as it comes. Those buns sound delicious Nicos, enjoy your new toy Flo. Catch you later x
    sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      Well done getting your tablet up and running Flo !
      Glad to hear Mr Pots is vastly improved.

I happen to have been given a couple of large Easter eggs by our friends - one is a buttons one and the other contains mini eggs. OH isn’t a chocoholic and just enjoys smashing the eggs ( and eating mini eggs) so it looks like it’s up to me to munch my way through them!

We woke up to frost again this morning and it’s warming up slowly. I best get more gardening done today to make up fir the chovokate and hot cross buns I’ll be eating!

I’ll let it warm up a tad more and do some more of my jigsaw. I’m expecting to finish it this weekend.

Hope you are feeling a bit more rested today Rary. Now you know it’s Covid, you can give yourself permission to take time out to recover quicker.

Enjoy your day peeps- see you later!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
        A lovely bright morning here.
        No plans for the day so I will go with the flow

Rary, hope you feel better soon, take it easy for a few days.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just missed you there Jay!…I’ve sent the smiles ooop norf with a pile of those hot cross buns, with strict instructions there will be some
          left by the time they get as far norf as you and Rary!
          …they should be reaching you pretty soon Bramble!
          Last edited by Nicos; 08-04-2023, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• It doesn't look as if I'm getting any Easter eggs this year.😥😪😢😭 However there seems to be an awful lot left in the shops this year compared to other years, so maybe there will be some reduced ones around next week. If there is I might have to rescue some.

Comment

• Ooo…I like the idea of rescuing Easter eggs! Yummy yum!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Ooo…I like the idea of rescuing Easter eggs! Yummy yum!
                My weird thought processes are now thinking that the "rescue" might involve something reminiscent of a cross between the old adverts where the the cat burglar type Milk tray man delivers the Milk tray, and Terry Scott looking for a chocolate orange in the Indiana Jones type cave.

Comment

• That's not weird GF - my thoughts exactly!
                  I'm making lemon drizzle again. Have doubled the mix, but trying it divided into 2 x 2lb tins and 1 x 1 tin. Hope it's not a disaster, but if it is they'll become lemon pudding and custard or trifle sponges - right Bren?
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon

Flo cakes are never failures some just need covering in custard

Lunch breaks over back to potting on

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I love your approach to baking Bren!

Comment

• Surprisingly they look ok

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          I love your approach to baking Bren!
                          That’s probably because I enjoy custard more than cake unless it’s a carrot cake.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Wow,
                            …Easter Sunday already!
                            Dippy eggs and soldiers for breakfast followed by toasted hot cross buns. - help yourselves!

I’ve picked several bunches of daffs from the garden to decorate the house, and once the lawn has dried ( frosty start again here) I’ll go and cut the field. I had planned on doing it tomorrow but we have rain forecast for the rest of the week , so needs must.

Apart from that, I’ve nothing much planned for the rest of the day- chatting with family and munching on Easter eggs I guess!

Whatever you have planned, enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• Morning all. Very nice in Cumbria this morning. Just as well as I've got a lot of laundry to do. Big achievement of the day: bust the hoover. Clearly don't know my own strength. Oops
                              Happy Easter, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Easter It's a bit misty here. Enjoy your breakfast Nicos, I'm still pondering what to have - no sandwich delivery this morning. Have a lovely day All

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X