X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
    Hi All,
    Looks like 2023 is holding up with the bad luck for me, 06/04 I decided to practise indoor high diving virtually top to bottom of the stairs......

I have not walked the dog lately as I suspect my knee ligaments/tendons will take time to recover as I hobble about the place. Until three nights ago I was walking/Hobbling the dog still but the pain was getting unbearable so have decided to rest up you know typical bloke stubbornness,

The wife keeps telling to get to the hospital I keep telling her it's not an emergency. So it's a bag of Peas a Tends machine and a Heat Pack for the time being, I'll give it some more rest until I feel able to get out again sadly.

The funny thing is my wife was in the PC room on the phone and thought I just dropped something down the stairs letting out an expletive, only realising what had happened when coming downstairs seeing me cleaning Orange Squash off the walls (3/4 Pint), As they say you have to laugh!

On the plus side I get to make sure I scoff all my Easter eggs making sure madam does not help herself....

Geoff.
    At least you were not attached to a full size fridge freezer at the time....as Mr GF was when he practised his stair diving. He had no option but to go to hospital though. He couldn't move!! (Many broken ribs). As I still say to him ...constantly ....be careful .... use a modicum of common sense. PLEASE.

Comment

• Geoff I fell down stairs after one of the kids left an hot water bottle on the top step It really does shake you up doesn’t it.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• All you folk who go in for the sport of stair tobogganing might enjoy a music hall monologue by Nelson Jackson. It's one of my favorites and I have it copied out in a notebook.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Crickey Geoff- that sounds really nasty ☹️ Hope you are a quick healer?

I’m a stair tobogganer rather than diver. I’ve done it twice First time I fractured my coccyx and could hardly sit for a year- the second time was a fracture dislocation of said bone, but the good news was that it dislocated at such a funny angle which meant I could sit down again. A bit of a blessing tbh.
          Glad to hear you divers didn’t break your necks!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Frank sitting so was up early. Sorry to hear about your accident Geoff and hope you don't end up in A&E.
            Milder here and no sun yet. Have a good day.

Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Grory hop this morning not to sure after that but I'm hoping to spend most of the day in the garden.

Enjoy your day
              Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              All you folk who go in for the sport of stair tobogganing might enjoy a music hall monologue by Nelson Jackson. It's one of my favorites and I have it copied out in a notebook.
              Thanks for that MH it reminds me when we put our stir carpet runner down, even managed to buy enough matching carpet clips to hold it in place.

​​​​​​​Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• All these stories about falling down stairs are making me ache just reading them. Last time I fell down some stairs, the distance was not very far but the landing was knee-first on stone. Not comfortable. Hope you make a speedy recovery, Geoff.

Nice and bright here this morning. Seedlings and solar panels supping up the sunshine.

Cat came home from the vet's with us in a very bad temper. And my bank account is shockingly lighter for the diagnosis of old age and arthrosis. That said, it's good to know there's nothing wrong with her other than that, as she's lost an awful lot of weight. I think she's out in the sunshine too.

I've started wandering round the land looking at what went on with the trees and asparagus in my absence. There must have been an extremely cold spell. Half the leaves on the fig tree are frazzled and all the leaves on the pomegranate tree, which was looking magnificent when I left, turn to dust the instant you touch them. The asparagus are all wilted too. I haven't been down to the fields yet. Not looking forward to that. I can see from the house that a few of the new trees we put in last year have some green on them, but by far the majority are looking bare. Feeling a bit what's the pointish, but doubtless my mood will improve eventually.

So, on with today's show. Paid work on the cards for the whole of today. More , but at least it pays the vet bills.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

When I dropped off the blackberry buns for my friend yesterday, after I'd handed them over and he'd half eaten one he told me that he's been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. He wouldn't hand them back though!

My turn yesterday to get a text yesterday for a covid booster. That's booked locally too now.

The sun is shining this morning and although still a little chilly when I went out to the washing line I'm sure my washing will dry well and come in smelling very nice. In fact maybe I'll strip the bed and wash the bedding next.

I must go and collect our repeat prescriptions later and also chase up some spare tubes and batteries for my husband's hearing aids.

Comment

• Snoop Puss The diagnosis for your cat applies to me too
                    ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                      Snoop Puss The diagnosis for your cat applies to me too
                      ​​​​​
                      And me, except I haven't lost a lot of weight...

Comment

• ^^^ ha ha ha!!!! I know the feeling

ooops, forgot to say mornin n’alln’all
                        We’ve just got back from the night away in the camper. It was a lovely and quiet spot. Just what at we needed tbh.
                        Hibou wasn’t sure whether to be annoyed with us for leaving her or delighted that it was just one night.
                        She’s out hunting mice to celebrate

We have sunshine but a very chill wind.
                        Sorry to hear about your plants Snoop. It really must be frustrating. I think it’s all going to be a bit of an experiment for us all in years to come with climate change tbh.

It’s going to be a gardening day for me - loads to do, but it’ll need to be something in a more sheltered part of the garden
                        Enjoy your day peeps. Try and get up to some no-good, but for goodness sake be careful

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          All you folk who go in for the sport of stair tobogganing might enjoy a music hall monologue by Nelson Jackson. It's one of my favorites and I have it copied out in a notebook.

I managed to find a YouTube of that MH…very funny!
                          Good ol’ mother eh?

Comment

• Frank the Furter is posing as a security guard again, he is convinced that the man whom we have to cut the grass is an undercover spy and is barking most aggressively

Comment

• Good evening, not a good day today, took my grandson to the hospital for an ultrasound, wasn't back home that long when daughter phoned to say she had to take him back down to hospital immediately, so it has been a day of time dragging, he is now back home, but has to have 4 injections a day but has to go back to hospital on Saturday for blood tests and hopefully an MRI scan, definitely not feeling my best just now, I can accept anything which can go wrong with me but not the children, I wish you all a good night and remember a gentle smile might help someone who is suffering. Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Really sorry to read your news, Rary. I hope everything gets sorted out satisfactorily. Terrible for anyone, but especially where children are concerned. Big hug to you and Mrs Rary.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X