Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning folks. Good to be back after spending a few weeks with our family. Weather was a bit mixed but didn’t stop us having a good time.
    Hope this find you all well. Off for a quick catch up
    and will catch you later. x
    sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, been out in the garden all morning, was going to put the fire on in the greenhouse but one of the neighbours beat me by hanging her washing out first, followed shortly after by OH wanting some washing hung out, with strict instructions to bring it in, if it rains, I was going to remove the hydrangeas but on close inspection there are new buds showing, so just removed the dead wood in them, also my Chilien lantern bush is showing signs of new growth though there was a lot ot of dead wood in it, which I have also removed, bramble if I could get down to the dew I would be quite happy, as for the lack of thunder, your not half as sorry as I am, I had dreams however I can hold on to the dreams, and of course being a married man, I have patience
      Last edited by rary; 01-05-2023, 11:54 AM.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary, you're a patient man from the sound of things.
        However, never give up hope.
        Hope springs eternal.
        As regards the dew, I"m sure a good looking chap like you wouldnt need to wash you're face in it, 😏😏

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

No rain today even though it was forecast, bright sunshine with a warm breeze instead So a good day to be in the garden.

enjoy your evening

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oh bramble….that’s something I’ve never done!….That’s going to be something I shall aim to do in the very near future. It sounds delightfully natural. But chilly!

Jay - lovely to see your smiling face again- welcome back. Hopefully you’re up to date with all their gossip too?

Looks like yet another trip to the mega diy store is in order….again…..we have a shower which packed in just as OH was cleaning it! ( yes Rary…my OH has trained me well too)
            Although I may stay at home and iron….eeeugh….maybe not!

I can hardly believe it’s still light at this time- it really makes a difference doesn’t it?
            Sleep well…and I wish you thunder tonight Rary - and Snoop rain. Fingers crossed for you both!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. Special hello to Jay.

Just as well I took the tom seedlings in last night. Low of 5 ºC. Haven't been to look at the other seedlings yet. Presume they're still there, as they're too small to appeal to the big boar close to the house last night, scoffing acorns underneath our big oak tree. Nervous of us and the dogs but determined not to be seen off. Must be hungry. That's a first. Right by the veg patch. Fingers crossed it doesn't keep coming back.

Thanks for the crossed fingers, Nicos. We need them. No rain forecast for the next two weeks at the moment. But it was officially announced yesterday that we're already on fire alert in this region.

Mr Snoop off into town for assorted errands. I'm holding the fort, so a bit of paid work, a bit of weeding and a bit of seed sowing. Mostly paid work, but never mind.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

oooo…wild boar ! I think over the 15 years we’ve been here we’ve seen four. One ran down on the other side of our potager fence line away from a hunt. They are flipping huuuuge!
                You’ll not be able to protect your veggies from that , so here’s hoping he moves on somewhere else with no dogs nearby.
                We’re still on drought alert - since last year and we’ve been forecast this year will be worse. Thank goodness we’ve never had fire alerts in this area…..but of course that could change.

No diy trip today - we’ll go tomorrow so we can do a grory hop at the same time- hopefully if we get there early we’ll be able to get some cheaper red geraniums for the window troughs!

We have sunshine here this morning so I’ll get the bedding washed and line dried before it changes it’s mind! Then more gardening.
                Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here so washing on. Fingers crossed for all who need them so. I guessed right about the baking - Victoria sandwich cakes for Saturday, they're having a Coronation party on the ward.
                  Hello jay, nice to see you.
                  Have a good day All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• A productive morning here. I made blackberry buns, got a load of washing done and set the breadmaker off earlier. The bread is now cooling, two of the buns are now eaten and now that the weather has improved I'm going to hang out the washing. I've also fitted a grory hop in. Therefore the fridge is now full. A couple of things I couldn't get so tomorrow I'll have a quick trip into Sainsburys. I need either celery seeds or celery salt for a pickle recipe that my sister has given me and of course blue cheese will jump into my basket.....

Comment

• I've just had a giggle. I was hanging out the washing and there was a "loungewear" set (fleece trousers and oversized top) of my husband's in the basket - size XXL. I came back indoors and realised that he was sitting reading the newspaper in the identical outfit. .......MINE! Identical but a size L. He hadn't even moaned that it was uncomfortable despite the fact he is about 9 inches taller than me and 3 stones heavier.

Comment

• Afternoon

That made me smile GF

Ive been in the garden for most of the day now it’s time for afternoon tea.

No shopping here for me today MrP went over to the Co-op for our usual 99 loose leaf tea. We had to buy bags the other month and it didn’t taste the same.
                        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 02-05-2023, 02:13 PM.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Funny GF Even funnier that he hasn't noticed!
                          We have bags of Yorkshire tea at home, I used to have loose Earl Grey at work and I do miss it.
                          I've got used to the bags, but it's always made in the teapot and as you already know, a bone China cup and saucer

Comment

• Thinking about it, I'm a bit quirky with tea. I have a breakfast cup first thing and a smaller one in the afternoon, both bone china. My morning coffee has to be in a porcelain cup and saucer. Himself has all his hot drinks in a huge pot mug emblazoned with the words "Size Matters"

Comment

• Good afternoon, it was cloudy but dry this morning when dragged out,,,, sorry, drove out for shopping, though I had nothing planned, doing nothing is better than shopping, was actually in bed for ten last night, just felt so tired, and just woke up ten minutes before the alarm was set to go off, was up at son's to get the boys out to school, then as said, shopping I liked brambles comment of me not needing to wash my face in the May dew, but think she might need to go for an eye test​​​​​.
                              I recently had to empty a couple of water butts, and even though we haven't had very much rain during the day, both butts are now full, so there must have been some heavy rain during the night I now understand why the weeds have shot up, not of course I have weeds in my garden off now to get some young plants ready for a plant exchange at the Gairdin Club, so enjoy the rest of the day and go out and find something to smile about
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X