This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
    how to deter a boar,I wonder what they don’t like,temporary fences everywhere?
    Barbecue spit roasting
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Barbecue spit roasting
      😃🤣🤭😆🤣🤣🐷🐷😋😋

Comment

• They're so big I'm not even sure we could get it onto a spit, even assuming we were allowed to light a barbecue! Be a good excuse to buy yet another freezer, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Barbecue spit roasting
          Brilliant Flo
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Puts a new spin on going the whole hog.

Comment

• You lot are just so funny!…thanks for the giggle x
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, I have had quite a busy day doing nothing, we went out to the GC where I bought 7 bags of compost had a coffee and fruit scone then home to cut the grass, while cutting the grass I also run the mower over a lot of thin branches that I had stored for shredding, so that's them now in the compost bin, then I went up for the dogs, and for the first time I found the hill I have to walk up a bit steep, the bin men were round yesterday and I am sure that they must be lifting the road and emptying some bins under it, I will make a note to watch them next week, once I had taken the dogs their walk I collected some mole hills and comfrey leaves, so that's my liquid feed for the tomatoes sorted.gf I also liked reading Lee Childs Jack Reacher books, but thought they lost something once he teamed up with his brother for writing them at the moment I am reading a Jack Higgins novel which I am just going to read now, but before I go I really must thank Flow for such a great answer, laughter beats a smile any day. Goodnight
                ​​​​​
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

”May the fourth be with you” Day to all you Star Wars fans

A bit early for me but Hibou was demanding to go out .
                  It’s actually 13C out there at the moment. Forecast 21C later with UV 7. It’s like a typical Uk summer’s day from my youth! Hard to believe it was April only 5 days ago.
                  I used to read all the Jack Reacher books too- my MIL used to buy them as soon as they came out and they’d be handed around the family one by one. Sadly she died a few years ago and we moved out here so I’ve not read any of the new ones. Well maybe a couple over the years - I was aware of his brother.
                  Alan Ritchson makes for a much better Tom Reacher than Tom Cruise. What a miscasting that was of Tom

Rary - I was going to ask if you are over Covid yet…clearly it’s still part of a slow but steady recovery. By summer you’ll be like a gazelle up that hill…young man that you are You’ve got me fancying fruit scones now!…not had one for years!

Anyone fancy a brew? I’ve got the kettle on. I think we’ll head to market within the hour so we get a good day in the garden afterwards.We’re forecast thunderstorms and rain tonight so it’ll be good to crack on.
                  OH cut the laws again yesterday- the grass is growing like crazy! I had noticed that farmers have been cutting haylage for a couple of weeks now.
                  The cows will need it later if we have another dry, crisp summer.

Enjoy your day peeps and do try and get up to some mischief!

Comment

• Anyone want anything from market?…..

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

You could bring me some lemons from the market, Nicos, there were none to be had from the supermarket yesterday and the ones on our little local stall looked well past their best. And some crisp french apples would be nice too.

I must mow the grass today, well half of it,the other half still has crocus and daffodil leaves growing in it, and it is no-mow May after all.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'll have a couple of kilos of carrots, Nicos. Amazing how many carrots we get through in this household... You'd think neither of us would need glasses, the amount we eat. Sounds like you bought that mower at the right time, by the way.

Take care, rary. As Nicos says, it sounds like Covid has taken it out of you, even though you're a sprightly young man.

As for here, the usual weather. A coolish night by tom standards - low of 8.7 ºC in the corral. They look like they've survived OK. A few degrees lower in the spot where they're due to get planted out, so just as well I sowed them very late... Judging by the dogs barking last night, I reckon the boar came by much later than recently, about 3 in the morning. Too late to be up and bashing saucepans at that time of night.

On the cards for today, the usual paid work, some tidying in my pantry in the basement to increase storage plus finish off the washing-up after yesterday's mammoth baking session (three sizable loaves of bread, seeded crackers and chocolate and orange brioches). Shameful to leave it, I know, but I just couldn't face another round. Oh, and weeding.

One thing I'm loath to weed is all the poppies. We have a dramatic display this year. I spotted the smiles having a whizz around them this morning in the sunshine, teasing the early morning bumblebees.

​​​​​​​Have a great day, everyone

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here but feels warm - ish. Frank's here so I'm occupied for the next few hours! Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, and thanks girls fot mentioningcovid, I hadn't thought of that being a possibility, and it really was a struggle to walk up the hill, when I said to OH about it, her answer was, it's high time you remembered your age, we are getting older, you know, though I wasn't happy with reply I was glad she had said we. Hope you all have a good day and get the chance to enjoy your garden

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning

Rary Covid does take a while to get over so don't doing more than you feel happy with.

We did an early Grory hop calling to vote on the past, so thats done with. So the rest of the days mine it will probably be spent in the garden.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good mornig all and it's a dull morni g here.
                                Grocery shopping, visit to the library and need to leave in a prescription renewal form.
                                Hopefully an afternoon in the garden.

Rary, you need to pace yourselfit will take time to get back to normal.

Nicos, I will have some nice fresh carrots as well.

Have a good day..

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...