Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr GF used to put random assorted items in carrier bags and bung the bags in cupboards. That was bad enough but what was worse he could never remember doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      Himself rarely moves anything, in fact his usual cry is "Where does this go?"
      Been there, done that, actually on a regular basis, I am sure OH changes things around just to confuse meand it works
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I am now feeling virtuous😇. (Not quite domestic goddess and definitely not Stepford wife though). I have mopped the kitchen and bathroom floors, cleaned the cooker, set the washer off, set the breadmaker off, put all the last lot of dry laundry away (without disturbing the iron) and the curry in the slow cooker is starting to smell really appetising.

Comment

• Good afternoon, did a shopping this morning, then filled the car up with petrol, I think I was running on fumes bu the time I got to the petrol station, I had a 5p off per litre coupon so wanted to make the most of it on heading back home called in to see how GD was doing and to make sure GS was out his bed, schools off today and that boy is turning day into night, I think he would stay in his bed all day if he got the chance, I just can't under the youngsters nowadays, when I was young I got out my bed immediately I was awake 😇 with two older sisters who would just strip the covers off the bed it was better not to give them the chance😡 anyway I collected the dogs took them down to my house in the car then after lunch I had them out for a long walk, before dropping them off, just got back home when it started to snow, fortunately its just a light covering and hopefully will clear up quickly. GF try heating up the key with a flame from a match or a lighter, remember even electronic locks have key access, have never tried Nicos's method, there's problems when its very cold🙄 but you could try running cold water over the lock, or slightly warm water, hot water could cause some damage to paint work, now going to prepare for the tea, going to have some mashed potatoes and I always like to have some turnip ot parsnip mashed with them, enjoy your evening, if going out take care and keep safe, but remember to pass on some smiles
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Frosty here. Yep you've guessed it, I'm Frank sitting Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.
              There's a light covering of snow today. The blackbirds are on the trellis, sitting hunched up with their feathers all fluffed out so they both look like dark balls with gleaming eyes, waiting for some biscuit crumbs.

Got a grory hop today, hope the sun comes out to defrost the car before I need to go.

Keep warm everyone
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A light covering of snow here as well MH, oddly no bird footprints.

Nipping out to the shops later for a few bits I can't get when I do the Grory hop tomorrow.

Wrap up warm and enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, frosty here, no snow! Off into the big smoke to meet friends, looking forward to that.
                  Have a lovely day everyone. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have a beautifully sunny , twinkly frosty start to the day. The sort of start to the day I used to love going out on a hack on horseback. Bet it’s lovely too walking with a dog across fields etc.

I’m thinking of doing some batch cooking today for the freezer. I’ve got a huge pile of beans which have been soaking overnight . Quite a bit out of date, so I’m hoping they’ll soften. Funny how things get ‘hidden’ at the back of cupboards

Apart from that I may do some knitting.

Not quite sure where the smiles think they are heading this morning….some were wearing snow boots but I’m sure I saw a polka dot bikini… But anyway, they weren't half giggling

Enjoy your day peeps, whatever you’re up to
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's a wintry wonderland here; a hard frost combined with a dusting of snow. At the moment the sun is shining brightly. I've just fed the birds some leftover naan bread, fat balls and fat nugget things that are packed with dried insects. The naan is nearly gone now though and it almost seems sacrilegious to give them some of my really fresh bread. "Somebody" did ask me if they might like fruit cake!! I think he'd throw a fit if he actually saw me give them some of HIS however.

I'm hopeful that today the car will defrost naturally before I need to go out. I need to call at the doctor's surgery, but it can wait until the temperature rises. I'm also going to need more bird foods in the next couple of days.....a trip to the garden centre

Comment

• Good morning all, bright and sunny but no snow.
                        I need to pick up a few bits from our local grocery store.
                        Some domestics and then picking up my grandson this afternoon.

GF, heating the car key usually does the trick.
                        Failing that, some hot water poured around the lock area will help.
                        Have a good day all and stop up warmly.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I've started knitting hats for the Baby Unit with the raffle wool - can't do much else while dog sitting, well that's my excuse. Two eldest GGs are going to see their paternal Aunt in Spain tomorrow so I'm hoping the weather behaves.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Snow!!…we have sner…

Cant see it sticking as the ground is sopping wet, but it’s those huuuge flakes the size of a 50p piece.
                            What is it about snow that make you (well, me anyway ) want to catch them in your mouth??
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• The car did actually defrost naturally by lunchtime but the soil is still hard and crisp. Mr GF is happy as he isn't getting yelled at for bringing mud indoors.

I spoke too soon about my printer. I wanted to print something this morning and realised it actually wasn't connected to my new router just to my phone by Wifi Direct which only allows it to do limited things. Therefore it was head banging time. How to connect a printer without a screen to a wifi network without a cd drive or any hard cabling? The Epson site was worse than hopeless. And then 💡💡💡I remembered that last time I'd looked online for advice and lots of other people were moaning about connecting this particular printer...... I found the same webpage where a guy had come up with an easyish solution. JOY!!! As a double check afterwards I went to the app for the router and there it was as a new addition to the network. Printers and scanners have always been a problem for me even back in the days when they came as seperate entities🤯🤯. One particular scanner nearly went out the window so many times.
                              Last edited by greenishfing; 18-01-2023, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                Cant see it sticking as the ground is sopping wet, but it’s those huuuge flakes the size of a 50p piece.
                                What is it about snow that make you (well, me anyway ) want to catch them in your mouth??
                                Thirst?

Anyway, afternoon all.

Went round to see a friend this morning but unable to sort out his problem. In fact, I think - as I did before we went - it's unsolvable. Back to the drawing board. He cooked lunch. Why is dried pasta cooked by Italians so much better than dried pasta I cook? Maybe I just have to accept you have to salt the water, something I never do unless it's fresh pasta.

Got a lot to do this afternoon now. But I'd much rather have a nap. Needs must though.

As for the bikini, Nicos, maybe that smile was off to make a statement while skiing in the Pyrenees. No idea. I didn't spot it and I have no idea where they'd find snow boots either.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X