Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, dry but very cloudy with a bit of a wind blowing, this might keep the clouds moving and prevent rain, I am sleeping a lot better since I changed to a cooler blanket, evedently I must be a bit hot and don't require thick blankets, with it being a wee bit of a wind I might check hightide times and if suitable go and collect some seaweed, like LD I'm twitching to get sowing seeds, but very wary of the problem of keeping them warm, the average temperature is about 4°c which means I would need to use electricity to maintain a reasonable temperature, so will need to give it some thought before sowing enjoy your day and remember to pass on lots of smiles​​​​​​
    Ps congratulations Snoop
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

I did sleep better Snoop - thanks for asking.
      It’s certainly getting colder again at night here- not at the stage of dragging clothes into bed prior to getting dressed though
      I’m thinking of ordering some more merino wool long sleeved tops and trousers as the ones I have had come into their own over the past few weeks. One on and one in the wash would be good.

At least the cold wind has dropped . Even Hibou was reluctant to be out in it.

Not sure what today will entail, but I need to make some more yogurt.
      I do need to finish off my book as it’s borrowed and I’ve had it a while. Dare I snuggle down in front of the fire once my basic domestics are done?

Well, whatever I get up to, it’ll need a brew to start me off
      Enjoy your day peeps and keep warm!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. A chilly, but sunny morning. I think we had a light frost last night. Unfortunately the rain is due to return by lunchtime. I have just been peeping at the week ahead's forecast. It is no longer rain every day. Now, from Sunday onwards, it's snow and sleet every day. Maybe I'll stock up on extra milk and chocolate before then ....just in case.

Congrats Snoop.

Comment

• Forgot to mention MH….yep - I do ‘keep’ my old amaryllis ,but in the barn where they overwinter, although none has ever flowered again.

Gosh…it’s years since I last collected seaweed Rary - fantastic and rewarding thing to do! How much do you manage to collect each year?

Comment

• Thanks for the congrats, guys. Be gentle with me as I learn the ropes.

Comment

• What a mess! I never realised how far a pot of yoghurt could spread across a kitchen floor. I do now. I was just getting some out of the fridge for Mr GF and I'm not sure what happened but it went everywhere. Personally I can't abide the stuff.... but each to their own.

I got a lovely phone call from my niece last night thanking me for her birthday present. Evidently she'd been somewhere for a nice meal with her parents yesterday and was mortified to be asked for ID before they'd let her have cocktails. After her laughing father told them it was her 23rd birthday they brought her a special free dessert with a candle. When she first passed her driving test at 17 she looked about 12 which led to a few interesting incidents.
              Last edited by greenishfing; 11-01-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                The rain is just starting g here and heavy showers fore ast for the rest of the day.

Congratulations Snoop on your new appointment, you'll be fine.

Lively ammarylous Nicos, its years since I last grew them,

Grory hop for me this morni g and with the wet weather it will probably be a donestics day.

Rary, I too gather seaweed and love going down to the beach.

Have a good day all whatever you're up to,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gf…try dropping a mould of unset jelly!….that’ll impress you no end! Hours of wiping and re wiping to get rid of the sticky
                  Its times like that everyone needs a greedy dog eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Mornin n’alln’all

I did sleep better Snoop - thanks for asking.
                    It’s certainly getting colder again at night here- not at the stage of dragging clothes into bed prior to getting dressed though :eek
                    Nicos, in years gone by that was the practice, pull the clothes that were next to your skin int bed beside you for ten or fifteen minutes to take the chill off them, well so my mother told me, being of a younger generation I didn't need to do this
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Hello, long time no see
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Hall0 Flo and welcome back.
                        It's so lovely to see you back with us.
                        I hope you are doing well and wish you a very happy new year. 💕

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Hello, long time no see
                          Hello. Nice to hear from you. I hope you're okay.

Comment

• It's nice to be back to see what you've all been up to. I'm trying to get back to being "normal" - whatever that is!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Welcome back Flo xx
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Big welcome and a cyber hug from me Flo.

Thought about you lots. Have you taken retirement yet?
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-01-2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X