This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Maybe Albert came over to escape the bird-munching tenants. Beggars belief they'd eat someone else's flock of birds. As for the campers... I remember peacocks in a park in London. Very odd to see them up in trees. But what a racket they made. Must be difficult to take a nap or inspect eyelids if you have peacocks.

Anyway, every night here is colder than the last at the moment. It was very foggy too last night when I went to bed and when I woke up very early. All dissipated by the time I got up, fortunately for the solar panels. Cold in the shade yesterday, but not too bad in the sun, so we actually had lunch outside. The earliest ever, I think. Mind you, we were both glad to get back indoors afterwards.

On the cards today, more of the same as yesterday. Just more thereof.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all. Weekend chores all done, so I'm having a sit down and a cuppa.
      Had an email from my sister to say she and her OH are going to Anguilla for a week to celebrate her 80th birthday. It's a place she likes as it's not touristy, just nice quiet beaches, and a few good places to dine and dance.

Nicos, I know what a relief it is when a peacock "moves on" in whatever way. Although they are exquisitely beautiful, their looks are far outweighed by their nuisance value.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all,
        Its dry and sunny here and I even managed to get a line of laundry yesterday,
        I need to collect a prescription and want to do a bit of work in the greenhouse.
        Dinner with family tonight so no cooking this evening,

We once spent a holiday in Majorca with acres of grounds where the peacocks roamed free.
        Never remember them keeping us awake and they were lovely to see.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Really blustery and wet here. The sort of weather when it feels like dawn blends into dusk…all day.
          Definitely an indoor day.
          Yesterday I planted out some winter pansies I bought last month - just as the cold snap started, so I left them in the barn. They’re looking nice and healthy, so I’m glad I hung onto them. Some of the ones I planted out couldn’t cope with the wet, then -11C temperatures and gave up the ghost.

More indoor sorting for me today - I’m slowly working my way through the boxes of stored things in the spare bedroom!

We’ve just had a visit from our local pompiers ( firemen) selling calendars. Every year since we arrived here we’ve had the pompiers, post lady and the equivalent of the local branch of the British Legion all selling calendars . Since Covid none of the have appeared.
          They must have lost a lot in donations. Average donations are 5-10€ each…and you sort of feel obliged. No one needs three wall calendars so we generally just donated and declined the calendars.
          Anyway….they were explaining that we now have a local fire station 10 minutes away instead of 25 mins away which is rather a relief …but 20 of the 26 of them are local volunteers. Hats off to them all for doing that. It really brings home a sense of local community.

Right…brew time over…plenty left for those fancying a brew - and OH has just made coffee.
          Enjoy your day peeps…
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,all the best for your granddaughter Rary,still got some of christmas to put away,i have been out more than in lately,am home alone today,i feel really lazy,got a private physio coming monday afternoon,the traped nerves refuse to go,never mind,i will spend the rest of the day,mooching around,putting things where they should be,and get the dishwasher emptied,and finish the washing,the sky lookes better than it did earlier on,must move my lazy carcus out the chair,have a good afternoon all
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon

We receive a wall calendar from the milkman, our original MM who we'd had since the late 70's retired luckily his round was taken over by someone local.
              Its tea and egg custard time here

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, so happy to say granddaughter is now home, got a phone call this morning from daughter to say she she would get home once she got some medication from the pharmacy, she finally received them about three o'clock and she was home by 4, so can now relax a bit​​​​​​, sawed up some wood this afternoon to help pass the time, I had several straps from some pallets I had broken down a couple of months ago, so decided to get them sawn and stored for firewood, just hope I don't really need the for anything, as I was just sawing them up to help pass the time, I also got a delivery of 4 large waterproof bags that can be zipped closed, so hopefully that will stop OH moaning when I collect seaweed, she gets a bit annoyed when we get one or two flys in the car from it, OK some time a dozen or so but seaweed is good for the garden off to make the tea so enjoy your evening and keep safe but more importantly keep smiling, and don't forget to pass them on
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Rary thats good news about your grandaughter being home I wish her a speedy recovery.

I'm just finishing of my glass of red from dinner while I have a read.

enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Well, it’s a dry start to the day….fingers crossed it stays that way so I can do some weeding. The gravel drive has suddenly sprouted with weeds since the cold snap. At least they pull out easily!
                    Yesterday turned out to be a great pottering day. Nothing much off the tick list, but loads of inroads
                    I quite like pottering

Whats everyone up to today?
                    Good news there Rary. Must be a relief x

Breakfast in bed anyone? I’ll leave trays outside your bedroom doors if you let me know your choice…..

Comment

• Morning

Nicos doesn't time fly when you're pottering around the garden.
                      No plans today apart from knitting this afternoon while its raining, nothing exciting though just cotton dishcloths.

Back later of to sort out the slow cooker.

Comment

• Good morning.

It must be a relief that your granddaughter is home Rary. So many times varying elderly relatives have been told in a morning that they could go home that day and so they sent for me to collect them and they were still sitting waiting for things from the pharmacy in the evening or for a doctor to sign off on their paperwork. On one occasion by 8pm Mr GF had had enough, was desperate to come home and simply got up and walked out. As my sister, a nurse, says hospitals run in a parallel universe on "hospital time".

It was quite bright here earlier but has clouded up now and rain is forecast by lunchtime.

In the end after talking to her mother, my sister, I got my niece the same as I got her last year for her birthday ...vouchers for afternoon tea for two somewhere quite local. Evidently she really enjoyed it last year.

Bren ....egg custard. It's years since I made one. Someone left me an old Kenwood mixer and a bucket of eggs on my doorstep with a note saying "Egg custard please".

Nicos, I can't abide breakfast in bed. It's just not worth the crumbs.

Back later....

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Sun I out and it's a bit misty, but its dry.
                          Off to mass shortly, having an anniversary mass today as it's my fathers anniversary.

Breakfast in bed, my hubby gives me my breakfast and the morning paper every morning.
                          He cant sleep beyond 7 o'clock so h is always up first,

Rary, delighted to hear yourgrandaughter back home from hospital,

Nothing planned for the day, grandon comingforlunch.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning/afternoon all (delete as appropriate).

Cloudy here today and extremely cold. It rained a fair bit in the night and the weather folk say we're due a thunderstorm this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a bit of snow.

I'm afraid I was up late again this morning and the smiles were long gone, but I presume they've done the usual rounds.

Glad to hear your granddaughter is back home, Rary. That must have had you all smiling.

As for breakfast in bed, whoever is up first here makes the other a cup of tea in bed. Occasionally - very rarely, in fact - served with a slice of toast or a biscuit (or two...). I have to admit I almost never make the morning coffee.

Busy day again today. Would probably be a good idea to bring a lot more firewood under cover. Just doing that will warm me up.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                              Just got rained off from deheading some of the lavender. Every bit helps. I was right next to the back door out of the wind and it was actually pleasantly ‘cool’ ( as opposed to warm!) in the sun.
                              We’re planning on renovating our concrete patio this year so I’m enjoying just staring at it throwing around a few ideas in my head.

Good call re the wood Snoop - I’ve just sent OH out to fill up our baskets before it rains heavier …it’s getting darker by the minute…

Comment

• Good evening, and thank you for the kind thoughts, GD doing well though still a bit sore, I think because she is a bit more relaxed now that she is home, she is sleeping a lot, which won't do her any harm
                                Cold and occasional showers today, was at church this morning then back home, where my son and his family were in, all getting showers, he phoned last night to ask if they could come down for a shower, which wasn't a problem but didn't give me enough time to fit a prepayment lock his boiler has broken down and won't be replaced until Wednesday so might get them back down (need to have a look on amazon for an appropriate lock​​​​​​) have a good day tomorrow and keep safe and don't forget to pass on the smiles. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X