• Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Special delivery of smiles for Nicos coming right now:
    https://www.promessedefleurs.com/pot...tuberosum.html
    or
    https://www.semaille.com/fr/varietes...166026200.html

Probably available at other places too.

Jacket spuds are a proper treat. I really like sweet potatoes baked in the oven too, and the new ones are just starting to appear in the shops now...

We're going down the valley for lunch today. Got a lemon cheesecake made and rolls and a loaf on the go to take as our contribution. It's a bit chilly and the bread is taking its time...

Other than that, not much on the cards. Mr Snoop is up a ladder somewhere I can't see or hear him at the moment. Fingers crossed he doesn't do a Rary.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all,rain rain and more rain,most of it has been very heavy,from what i read on here it seems everyone is an angel in their own right,it is natures way to help those that we love and care for,as well as a friend in need,this i have often felt on here,snoop enjoy your get together,another i here for a jacket spud,the so called ones that are sold are not cooked,never mind having a crispy skin,they do nice in the air frier,but not as good as the oven,have a lovely day friends and remember to Bgood2yourselves,as it always works for me,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.
        Rain here too and I'm not complaining, the Met Office estimate the UK will still be in drought conditions next spring, no matter how much rainfall we get over winter. It just won't be enough to refill drained aquifers.

The biscuit tin was empty, so I've made peanut butter biscuits, and whipped shortbread biscuits. The whipped shortbread is a new recipe for me, and they turned out delicious. We're having lamb for lunch, and I'm wondering whether to dash out in the heavy rain for some mint to make mint sauce, or whether to do without. Perhaps the rain will ease a bit.

I love a jacket spud too, but only do them now if I've something else in the oven. I do miss the days we had an Aga, always hot, that I could sling spuds in any time.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Oh Snoop - you are an absolute star!…thanks you so much for finding those I am an extra happy bunny now

So happy that I might even offer to mow the field…and that’s exhausting!

We had a great morning with the apples. Washing, sorting,crushing, pressing, sterilising and then bottling. A fantastic atmosphere and great fun.

72 one litre bottles and 15 litres in 3 demijohns We are making 5 l of fizzy cider,5 l of flat cider and our neighbour will make 5l of pommeau. Ours are already yeasted and set up with their air traps.

I keep looking at the Pudding Club Book . One week into the diet…that’s not a good thing to be drooling through is it?
          I best go and start mowing before I get tempted!!!

Hope everyone else is having a great day?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
            Nothing garden related but we had a great weekend of concerts here.
            Today The Warriors Challenge was run on the beach in front of our apartment.
            1500 participants in fantastic weather which reached 28 degs.
            Tons of obstacles and a charity walk for cancer,
            The atmosphere was wonderful and I have to say the Spanish are big into their families.
            Have a good night all.
            Dont know how I am going to leave this lovely weather behind,

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              I keep looking at the Pudding Club Book . One week into the diet…that’s not a good thing to be drooling through is it?
              I best go and start mowing before I get tempted!!!
              Funny, I was thinking about that book just the other day. I resisted getting it out. I've got hot crossless buns on the brain. Last time I thought of making them, I was very sensible and didn't. Maybe next weekend...

Sounds like you've had a grand time, @Bramble.
              Last edited by Snoop Puss; 23-10-2022, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well…what an exciting evening/ night!

We’ve had extraordinarily high gusts of winds and even a blackout between 7.15 and midnight. Fortunately we’d finished eating, cleared away and were sitting in front of the log burner with candles anyway. No real hardship. can’t see any damage to our property , phew.

I heard that southern Brittany had a 4.2 earthquake too last night as well as similar high winds to us, causing quite a bit of damage. I think we came off very lightly.

Our cider is merrily bubbling away which is fun as we’ve never made our own before, only country wines.

Today will involve a quick trip to town to buy OH and son some work trousers as they are on offer for the next couple of days and have previously sold out quickly. Might as well have a quick grory hop as well whilst we’re there.

Enjoy your day peeps - see you later!

Comment

• Good morning all.

All this talk of puddings ........ at this time of the morning. Are all the puddings old favourite types? I'm now considering buying someone this for Christmas.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    Good morning all.

All this talk of puddings ........ at this time of the morning. Are all the puddings old favourite types? I'm now considering buying someone this for Christmas.
                    I should just have answered 'yes' rather than get the book out to answer... There are lots of steamed and baked puds that are old favourites and regional types, mostly suitable for winter by and large. Very few pictures. A lot of the recipes call for suet and end with the instruction 'Serve with custard', which is probably gives a good idea of the kind of pud concerned.

Edited: If there's a recipe you think might be particularly popular, ask and I'll let you know if it's in there.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 24-10-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy with sunny spells says the weather forecast. The sky agrees. It's back to ridiculously warm again. 30 ºC yesterday in the shade. Bit miffed my pepper and tom plants got done in by the cold a few weeks back. They'd be loving these conditions. The butterflies certainly are. My brassicas have take a hit these last couple of days.

Got plenty on the cards for today after the last few days off. So better get a move on.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has actually been dry for most of today, also quite mild, have done some clearing up of one or two tubs l, I have several pansies to get planted so if its the, same tomorrow I will get that done, well once we are home from shopping and our weekly visit to a friend, interesting to read mothhawk comments on water levels, in this area the water comes from dams, which are all full and localy in recent times 3 dams have been shut down due to over capacity, as I have said in the past I rarely need to water the garden and this year I didn't need to water baskets or pots, also wondered why have a Pudding Club book till I realised its actually about pudding and not young women in the club Right need to go and start making the tea, so enjoy your evening and remember to smile
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Rary’s mention of excessive water reminds me of the diverse gardening experiences we have as a group!
                          At the moment we are experiencing warm and wet. Far warmer than usual …again. Due to be 23C on Thursday. Bonkers.
                          Perfect for mushrooming though

Domestics and clearing up the drive today for me , inside and outside jobs between showers,

Its just dawned on me that it’s Halloween/ All Souls Day this coming weekend.
                          It’s the same weekend both my parents died ….2 and 40 odd years ago.. In France chrysanthemum plants are placed on relatives’ graves and the shops are full of potted plants. So I won’t be sad, just reflect on happy moments together and be grateful for the time we did have.

I wonder , with many people short of food , if trick and treat gifts might be less sugar orientated and more thoughtfully directed to crisps or biscuit snacks which could be used as part of a packed lunch. I guess that’d be much more expensive for the gifter though. Just a thought.
                          We don’t get trick or treaters deep in the countryside.
                          Is it just as popular as ever? I guess the cost of costumes could be restrictive unless homemade.

Comment

• Good morning all. I had a night of weird dreams, forgotten now.

We have got a brief visitation from the sun this morning. Having seen the forecast for rain for the next week (presuming I choose to believe it of course) I better make most of it and set the washer off.

A grory hop as well I think later this afternoon. I am making my list now as things pop into my brain.

I was thinking of buying the Pudding Club book for Mr Gf's very elderly friend for Christmas.... the one who wanted to know how to make breadcrumbs. He likes the puddings he remembers from his childhood. Are the recipes simple enough for a beginner?

Comment

• Just seen your post Nicos. I haven't seen any trick or treaters for years but I used to have a pumpkin patch especially for one of my nieces and her friends (until she outgrew it in her teens). They used to appear, en masse, at this time of year and pick their own.

Comment

• Morning

It feels like a damp autumn day here the laundry is out on the line, but I can't see it doing much.

I don't think the kids would be happy with an apple or a biscuit when they're used to receiving sweets it might work in different areas though.

Enjoy your day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X