This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

A fine day here, so some gardening after shopping. Enjoy the fair Snoop its nice to have a wonder around and see what they have to offer.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we are all go for the apple juicing.
      We have a slot reserved at a local farm . We need a minimum of 150kg so our neighbour is going in with us with some of his his apples.
      Works out at just over £1 per litre including the bottle. It costs about £3 a litre in the shops so it’s quite a saving.
      I don’t really drink much juice- I prefer the whole fruit, but no point in it going to waste and we can leave some for our guests next summer.
      Might even have a bash at cider. Can you make it from sterilised juice?

Geoff - I know what you mean about music prompting associated memories . I never had an ‘our song’ but there are a lot which remind me of magic moments with my man whilst we were dating.

gf - At least your jabs are now out of the way - I’m actually looking forward to having my Covid jab this time, now that the number of cases are rising again I just want to feel safer. I’m still exceptionally careful, but it’s reassuring to feel ‘topped up’.

Snoop - it it an autumn fair?
      There is only one near here - more of a car boot sale with a few local produce stalls, but they do freshly roasted goose for butties or a sit down 4 course meal with wine under cover in a circus tent. We used to go every year. I had forgotten to check up when it is, but I have a feeling it was on whilst we were in the UK….* tootles off to check.
      Enjoy yourself - sounds like it’ll be fun if it’s anything like ours.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Isn't the different lifestyle amazing. A car boot type place with a four course meal with wine. In the uk we'd probably get a burger van!

Comment

• Morning all. Lovely day here, bit of cloud, bit of sun, mild.
          The piccalilli turned out really well, the recipe made 3lbs so that will last a while. I just have to resist opening a jar for a month, to let the vinegar and spices mature.

Originally posted by 1batfastard View Post
          Anybody else having trouble with Brit-Gas? The wife is helping our daughter out trying to get a smart meter reader for her new house, speaking Pidgeon English to somebody god knows where? who just cannot understand what you are trying to convey sadly

4&1/2Hr's and still not understanding that we require a meter reader and not an engineer to bring it out and plug it into a socket, unless it's a wireless unit
          Perhaps try calling the meter reader something else, Geoff, such as in-home display unit. I find it often helps to re-phrase what I'm trying to say if I'm not understood.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening all,hi boys welcome back,it seems to be mostly us ladies that come in here,now were has today gone,i know,keep going to sleep,had a good 3 hours this afternoon,was dreaming, then suddenly awake,and wondered where to hek i was for a few seconds,and still tired,must need it,any how,have a lovely evening what ever your doing
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening, it did it again, tried to get on earlier, I even started to write a post, then it started coming up with a security alert then asked me to sign in, which of course meant giving my password, I must admit to being a bit like how Nicos was when she was young, I couldn't remember my password, after all it must have been about 15 since I had used it, that's hours by the way so finished up shutting down, I shudder to think how it will be once I am the same age as Nicos is I really need to keep notes on how you older folk manage their passwords, how do you all manage them.
              It has been a bit warmer but still just as wet today, my granddaughter had a hospital appointment so I took her to the hospital, I think this was a mistake as she has roped me in to being a taxi driver for her, I now have to pick her up from her friend's house at midnight, a 20 mile drive on country roads, not the best thing to be doing in this weather, however this must pave the way for a big Christmas present ​​​​​​. We'll enjoy what's left of the weekend keep warm, keep safe and remember to pass on some smiles. Goodnight
              Last edited by rary; 22-10-2022, 06:13 PM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Isn't the different lifestyle amazing. A car boot type place with a four course meal with wine. In the uk we'd probably get a burger van!
                ​​​​​​Our local car boots usually have a jacket potato stall so that my favourite with a big dollop of coleslaw. Not been to one for a while.

Comment

Isn't the different lifestyle amazing. A car boot type place with a four course meal with wine. In the uk we'd probably get a burger van!
                  Its quite common here with the larger car boot sales. We used to eat at them frequently pre Covid. Good value too.Great atmosphere.

Update - The ‘boys’ have weighed out 155 kg of apples and decided to make some pommeau in a couple of demijohns… 1/3 Calva( apple brandy) and 2/3 fresh apple juice. Should be ready for next winter. Makes a change from slow gin eh?
                  Might make some cidre too.

Cant get a decent large jacket spud here. It’s not something they do, which is a pity as I absolutely love a crispy jacket spud with a creamy buttery inside. My favourite filling is chilli con carne or tuna,pineapple,sweetcorn and lashings of butter. *drools

Glad your picallili worked out MH - mine’s still on my ‘to do’ list

Oh rary….you do make me giggle.

Lottie - you clearly needed that siesta - good for you for allowing yourself to stop and rest. Sometimes we push ourselves too hard because we think we should, and ignore our body’s messages. You clearly needed it!

​​​​​​​My turn to sleep now….see you tomorrow peeps

Comment

• Rary - just a thought…. Do you sometimes change to a false IP for security on the internet?
                    I sometimes do and I’ve noticed the Vine doesn’t like some of the addresses. Could that be a possible cause?

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      Just about to head off to juice the apples! Quite exciting really.
                      When we were at our daughter’s the other week , they hired mobile equipment - a chopper, hydraulic press and sterilisers.
                      Here we are going to an association press so it’ll be interesting to see the difference.
                      They have estimated 100litres from 150 kg apples. Let’s see how accurate they are.

Not had breakfast yet, so it’s all laid out for you, just leave me some muesli and yogurt please - I doubt I’ll be fancying stewed apple when I get back!

Anyone up to no good today?

Comment

• Just reading back - I used to grow king Edwards I bought in the uk , but I can’t import them any more. And the rats ate the few I was holding back to plant the following years
                        Yeh…rats

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a wet and miserable one here.

I'd never really thought about it. Is the UK the only country that is "into" jacket spuds? There is nothing quite like a big crispy skinned one with an acre of butter....... None of these soggy microwaved apologies for a tattie......even worse served with pretend butter. (Predictive text kept insisting it was a tattoo). The best jacket tatties I ever remember were cooked in the embers of the bonfire on November 5th as a child and eaten outdoors.

Rary, you are so kind. Taking your grandchild to the hospital, picking her up from her friend's and also planning a big Christmas present for her. Supergramps!!!

I'm off to make more coffee now.

Comment

• Morning

Thats a lot of apple juice Nicos I do about 3lt at a session using my Kenwood chef juicer, freezing it into takeout trays then stacking them like Jenga blocks in the freezer. I've had the juicer attachment for around 40 years it works fine, and I know I'd get more if I bought a press but then I'd run out of space.

I do love jacket potatoes that crispy skin makes all the difference.

Don't you love predictive text you never know what word its going to throw at you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Rary - just a thought…. Do you sometimes change to a false IP for security on the internet?
                              I sometimes do and I’ve noticed the Vine doesn’t like some of the addresses. Could that be a possible cause?
                              Nicos if you are asking what I think you mean, no I don't change anything, I don't knom how to do anything like that, I have enough bother as things are without try to change things
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Good morning all. It's a wet and miserable one here.
                                Rary, you are so kind. Taking your grandchild to the hospital, picking her up from her friend's and also planning a big Christmas present for her. Supergramps!!!

I'm off to make more coffee now.
                                Just as well I wasn't drinking coffee when I read this, the Christmas present is for me GF, for ME
                                Last edited by rary; 23-10-2022, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X