This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

That is a pretty looking sky GF especially with the tree in front.
    Not many in the supermarket and after seeing the traffic backed up along the high street I’m glad we were walking.

I didn’t see your post till just now Nicos so no jacket potatoes for you we did buy some rather nice ones.

Good luck those who are prezzie shopping I find it easier to buy for kids compared to adults. So all the best with that.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all,
      Home from town and the pressies sorted.
      It's now lashing rain so I was lucky to get home before it started.

Yes indeed Bren, much easier to buy for children.
      Most of my grandkids are teenagers now so it gets harder to keep up with their likes and dislikes.
      I know gift vouchers would be very welcome but I like to give them a proper gift.

Mh grandaughter received a pandora bracelet for her 16th birthday so getting her a charm is a nice memory for her,

Have a good evening all

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I like giving hot water bottles and microwaveable wheat packs. But that’s just two gifts!…also garden bulbs?…Glad I ‘m not in that position at the moment!
        As you say bramble…I’d rather give gifts I can imagine them enjoying rather than money which just gets absorbed…and forgotten.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening, did a quick shopping this morning the put some flowers in the church before making lunch, oldest grandson phoned to see if I was going to be working in the garden, but the rain was getting heavier so put of any work till tomorrow the afternoon seemed to drag as granddaughter was getting a scan and it just seemed to be forever before getting any result, fortunately nothing too serious, though she will be having an operation tomorrow to remove her Gall bladder, but will be relieved once she is out and back home. Well remember to pass on the smiles and keep well. Goodnight
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening!
            Glad to hear things are finally being sorted with your granddaughter Rary. She must be really fed up by now. Fingers crossed everything will be straightforward for her from now on. Xx

Comment

• Morning

All the best to your grandaughter Rary hope she has a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Morning all.

Extremely cold night again but bright now. Still very chilly though, even in the sunshine. Looks like the frost on the chilly side of the valley won't thaw today. Perfect winter weather. The smiles were very jolly this morning but headed off really quickly in a bid to keep warm.

Lots to keep me busy today even if everyone else is on a public holiday for Epiphany. The real end of the festive season here.

Hope your granddaughter's op goes OK, Rary, and that she makes a speedy recovery. And best wishes to your OH.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Grey and dull here but its 8 degs.
                  Little Christmas, it's a holy day for us Catholics.
                  Taking down the last of the xe orations this morning.

Wishing your grandaughter a speedy recovery Rary,

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    Lots of drizzle here.
                    Funnily enough, last night I was aware that the daylight lasted a bit longer…oooo…exciting!
                    Not noticing it in the mornings as yet …

We’ve still loads of birds on our feeders. OH put a couple of fat balls on the bird table …and ten minutes later we were watching a magpie which had taken one of them into the cherry tree and was tucking into it

I’ve got a photo somewhere of a visitor we had stay with us for over a year before disappearing…

Comment

• Found it!….
                      This is/ was Albert …..

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3C167CC-AE58-421C-8E8C-9E2E0F905F61.jpeg
Views:	100
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	2555758

Comment

• Good morning, some heavy showers, just when I decide its OK to go out to the garden the rain starts again, I understand why we say mother nature- - - - - , but I am sure you understand why I wouldn't add anything else to that statement the rains off going out to get some work done, enjoy your day and keep safe
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Some exotic birdlife you have in Normandy, Nicos. I won't inquire as to how he disappeared...

Comment

• ^^^^ actually he turned up one day from a local farm.
                            They’d got tenants in for a year and they were steadily munching their way through their large flock of exotic ducks, chickens, geese…. He’d obviously heard our cockerel and flew over to investigate. We couldn't catch him and boy was he noisy.
                            He fell in love with one of our chooks and used to parade up and down the electric fence line with his tail displayed . She wouldn’t have anything to do with him poor lad.
                            He roosted high up in a tree above our cars and pooped enormous blobs nightly onto our cars and our patio chairs and table. And when we washed our cars he’d attack his reflection with his sharp claws Not a bird you’d want around to be honest. After a year he disappeared for a week and we thought he’d gone…but then came back for another month before disappearing again.
                            I’m guessing he found a new love or was shot by a local farmer. Apparently they taste like pheasant. I bet he’d have been yummy but we couldn’t have eaten him.
                            Watching him fly was amazing. Such pretty birds.
                            And yes - we used to worm him hidden in titbits as he was in such proximity with our flock.
                            Yes, it was a relief he’d gone, but we never knew where to.

Comment

• Morning

I've only been as far as the gate to pick up milk but its not nice out, very wet and windy the wind socks doing its merry dance

A peacock used to walk around in the next village to us usually in the middle of the road for some reason really was pretty to watch, but then it wasn't coming on our garden.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning .....9°C and raining here.

Albert looks very "at home". I can imagine that he was a proper nuisance though. A country pub we used to visit many years ago had a peacock and pea hen but one night a group of campers passed through and evidently they became dinner! Our local birds are much more common.....mainly blackbirds, pigeons, doves, tits and a robin. Mr GF says that at the rate they devour food they'll struggle to take off soon.

Rary, I hope your granddaughter is okay and that you can stop worrying soon.

Off to make more coffee now.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X