Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, it's been a day of heavy rain here, possibly fitting for my feelings, was at the cremation of one of my nephews, not nice when the younger ones go before you, but sadly life's like that, however he had a good life and did a lot of work in the community.
    Now trying to find different flower seeds, has anyone any recommendations of good seed suppliers diffrent from the general seed producers?
    Cutting it short today, but remember to pass on a smile, the next person you meet might need to see a cheerful face. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening,late i know,had a first session on my back,aparently all the muscles were tight,feels better generaly,still got the bit that makes me squawk,but a bit easier,another session in 10dats time,a lovely lady,who comes to your home,with the couch,i am aparrently doing all the right things as far as i can do myself,and she supprised at how agile i am for my age,so all good so far,i have cut my hair again earlier on,and sorting out what seeds i need to order,and what i can sow now,like lobelia and onion,well i already have the seeds,am also going to try a cue salad bush,i can give it some indoor protection,says she,that should sort my twitchy fingers out,the rest can wait a few weeks,tis my bed time now sweet dreams ,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news about your all clear, Bramble. But really sorry to hear about your nephew, Rary. Must have been devastating for you all, a good man dying young.

Not much news. Looks like it might be sunny here for much of the day. Still quite chilly, though. Enough for me to decide to light the range. Which will mean plenty of hot drinks very soon for anyone as wants to join me. After that, a day of getting my head stuck into work. But needs must. Mr Snoop has decided we need a different car. Lots of the rural bus services are being cancelled, including in our village, (everyone's up in arms, but it will doubtless make no difference), but the nearby towns with coach and train stations (50 km away) are all setting up low emissions zones, so no old cars will be allowed in. Trying to keep the frustration at bay. Cancelling the rural buses will be a disaster for all the villages in this area. Lots of elderly folk and especially women who never learnt to drive, lots of folk with no newish car but a tractor or ancient 4x4 that's perfect for getting around their olive groves and is really cheap and easy to maintain because there's no electronics.

Right, the smiles scarpered when they saw my change of mood. Hope they're in a better mood when they get to you.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. Still dark here. Cold, 4°C, and rainy with it. I woke up and turned the heating up half an hour before I got up properly. All I can hear at the moment is rain hitting the windows and the slight hum of traffic on the M1 in the distance. A peaceful time of day.

It's forecast to rain all day....all week actually but we'll take that with a pinch of salt and be optimistic for once.

I think a grory hop is on the cards today while the weather is fit for neither man nor beast. Maybe I should go looking for the Summer door.

Rary, your comments on the shower reminded me of going camping as a child and having to feed the shower sixpences to get hot water and also an episode of Steptoe and Son when Harold fitted a pay turnstile in the hallway. Maybe you need a turnstile to welcome your visitors.🤯🙄

Snoop, sad to hear that your local buses are being cut back and the low emission zones are going to stop the country folk getting into the towns. It sounds as if your towns are going to end up like lots of outs....ghost towns, as when footfall drops shops shut. Although I've noticed that usually Spanish and French are better at bypassing bureaucracy than Brits.

It should be daylight now but it really isn't and not even a blackbird has ventured out yet.

See you later.

Comment

• Good morning all.
            The rain passed over during the night but it's as dull as ditch water here.
            off out to my line Dan ing soon.
            Catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sad news about your nephew Rary….that’s really awful x
              It does make you reflect on getting the most out of our lives doesn’t it?

Its flipping wet and cold and windy here. Yesterday we hard really heavy downpours of hail stones. I guess that’s what was disturbing us in the night.

Lack of rural transport is the pits Snoop. I can only imagine the difficulties….Many of the old vehicles here disappeared a few years ago with the increase in spec for passing the MOT
              TheFrench are introducing more towns to their list…we need to keep an eye out on the changes as our campervan is 2007
              The only buses we can get from our village to one local town is on the school bus. If there are spaces then you can pay 1€ for a one way trip …but there’s only one bus back much later in the day. Neighbours will often take those without transport for a shopping trip when they go.
              Do you have sans permis cars in Spain? ( for those unaware , you don’t need a driving licence to drive them!) too expensive for most people though.

Glad your back is responding to treatment lottie - it’s a relief when you find someone who can sort it out.

Right…brew time over - window cleaning is the first job for me today…they looked dreadful in the sun yesterday

Enjoy your day folks- make the most of it!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

A wet and windy day here I've been as far as the gate to collect milk but thats it and like GF says we could do with the summer door.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Something to cheer you up ….
                  it’s a Lidl double flower amaryllis I bought as a bulb with tiny flower shoots poking out of it…

Last edited by Nicos; 10-01-2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7CCABB98-7587-40B8-BF7C-3EBF6C93ADF5.png
Views:	97
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	2555966

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      Good morning. Rary, your comments on the shower reminded me of going camping as a child and having to feed the shower sixpences to get hot water and also an episode of Steptoe and Son when Harold fitted a pay turnstile in the hallway. Maybe you need a turnstile to welcome your visitors.🤯🙄.
                      That's a good idea gf, unfortunately I need to consider my son and grandchildrens pedigree, they might have some of their grans traits in them, which would make it difficult to get money out of them
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening, it has been raining here all day today, was out earlier for a shopping and a lot of flooding on the roads, hopefully the rain will stop soon, but sadly the forecast is for more rain, Snoop this seems to be how things are everywhere nowadays bus services being cancelled, the bus service here has been altered drastically recently, very few buses running, with none after 6 o'clock and the bus to the largest local town now taking over an hour instead of the previous 20minuts due to the rout it takes, free travel for under 21s is not a good thing when there are no buses to use, right need to go ant get ready for my garden club which is on tonight so take care and pass on some smiles. Goodnight

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Had a lovely evening…chatting to various family members then a loooong soak in the tub Luxury!
                          Now heading off for an early night….I’ve not been sleeping well recently so I hope the warm soak will be soporific…

Sleep well peeps - fingers crossed we don’t have hail again bouncing off the window

Comment

• Morning all.

Did not get out of bed when the alarm clock went off, much to Mr Snoop's disgust. This is one of my gravest domestic sins... One so frequently committed he's now used to it, poor man. My excuse was it was a cold night and we've swapped sides of the bed to see if he sleeps better. He did. But I was surprised how cold his, now my, side of the bedroom is. Next time I might do the old trick of keeping my clothes so close to the bed I can warm them up a bit in bed before getting dressed. Long time since I last did that.

Hope you managed to get a decent night's sleep, Nicos.

Busy day ahead, so better get a move on. The smiles were disappointed that it was cold but only pockets of frost, so no fairy lights in the morning sun to speak of. Should be reasonably bright today, though.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Dentist for me this morning then calling at the library and a bit of shopping on the way home.

Snoop maybe Mr Snoop couldn't sleep because he was cold you could use that as your excuse for not getting out of bed

Best get on be back later.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.
                                After a very wet and windy night the sky this morning is clear and the sun is shining. Got a grory hop later, so hope the rain doesn't start up again till I'm home.
                                Lovely amaryllis, Nicos. I was given one that colour at Christmas, it came with pebbles and a glass jar to grow it just in water, like a hyacinth. The 2 flower buds are only a few inches tall as yet. Does anybody save their amaryllis from year to year? I have 6 now, but as I neglected to leave them in full sun through the summer, I think they may not flower this year. They are all putting up leaves.

Snoop, I notice your change of status
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X