Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning…brrr it’s warmed up to a lovely -2 so far! Sun is trying its best to appear.
    Nothing on the cards today, will take it as it comes. x

sigpic

Comment

• Drat and double drat, it looks as if I'm going to have to de-ice the car myself as it is still -3°C here and the frost is showing no signs of melting.

I've just been adding a couple more items to my shopping list as Mr GF was watching Nadiya Hussain on TV last night and fancies her version of sweet and sour prawns.

I've just remembered that I supposedly surprised my family by singing along to "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do" on the "wireless" as a very small pre-school child and knowing all the words. Evidently it was a big mystery how I knew them until my grandad, dad's dad, who supposedly considered child care women's work admitted he used to rock my pram and sing it to me a lot as a baby. This was also the grandad who used to let me "help" him in his big (complete with a rocking chair and coal stove) greenhouse when I was a toddler.

No more excuses I'll venture outside with a scraper now and de-ice.

Comment

• Good Morning All My, I'd forgotten how nice it is to say that and enjoy a chat in the morning
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          it's the most beautiful morning, Lear blue sky and white like fairyland but its minus 3.
          My hubby had to take the car for its MOT test this morning at 8.15 so it was very icy that time..
          Off out to my line dancing shortly.
          Catch up later.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Anyone seen my knitting needle case?
            Cant find it anywhere
            And nope- it’s not where I left it. It’s clearly been relocated by ‘someone who won’t be named’
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Really bright sunshine here too. I seem to have the washing machine on an awful lot, the temptation is too great. When I was at work I was limited to once a week, so I should be able to manage that even better now that I have more time. How boring was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                Anyone seen my knitting needle case?
                Cant find it anywhere
                And nope- it’s not where I left it. It’s clearly been relocated by ‘someone who won’t be named’
                Is it in the Glory Hole or the Junk Drawer?

Comment

• Afternoon.

Flo, if you're doing more laundry, does that mean you've got more ironing? Or are you a member of the 'don't iron' brigade?

Comment

• The temperature has now, supposedly, crept above freezing but the north facing roofs are still white over, the ground is still hard and crispy and I nearly went my length on some ice in the supermarket car park.

Does anybody have any solutions to frozen car locks?

Nicos I hope you find your needle case. Many things that disappear here seem to end up in the working of Mr GF's recliner...even though he insists he hasn't seen the offending items, of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Is it in the Glory Hole or the Junk Drawer?

No idea!!!!!…but guess who ‘found it’….just where he’d moved it to

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

Does anybody have any solutions to frozen car locks?
                        Aren’t you supposed to pee in them? Bit of an awkward height for us ladies…

I have heard WD40 works but never tried it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Afternoon.

Flo, if you're doing more laundry, does that mean you've got more ironing? Or are you a member of the 'don't iron' brigade?
                          The only things that get ironed here are himself's polo shirts about once a month and that's only if I don't get away with sneaking them back into the wardrobe unironed

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post

Aren’t you supposed to pee in them? Bit of an awkward height for us ladies…

I have heard WD40 works but never tried it.
                            Never heard of the pee option! Doesn't it freeze? Why not? Might be a bad height for ladies but the gentlemen may have to watch out for frostbite!

However these are keyless locks and I think it was the mechanism inside the passenger door which froze overnight. Fortunately only one, which is working now, probably because by the time we got back from shopping the interior of the car was like the inside of an oven. 🥵 There must be good insulation in the roof as that was still frozen. It's only forecast to be 0°C tonight. Positively sultry!
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 17-01-2023, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Afternoon

Still not ventured out of the front door might do after I’ve baked the sourdough and scones.

No ironing here either Flo I only really do curtains, I work on keeping laundry either hung up or folded flat.

Glad you’ve got your needles back Nicos isn’t it frustrating when things have been moved.

​​​​

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 17-01-2023, 02:06 PM.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Himself rarely moves anything, in fact his usual cry is "Where does this go?"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X