Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flo I’ve bought lots of jigsaws from the charity shops, only once I’ve a missing piece. So i think it’s worth the risk.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      Flo, have you tried MS jigsaw free download? I do these jigsaws all the time on my PC. Probably not so good if you use a phone though. But endless choice of pictures.
      Yes I have MH, but much prefer handling the pieces
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
        Flo I’ve bought lots of jigsaws from the charity shops, only once I’ve a missing piece. So i think it’s worth the risk.
        It's not very often they have the large piece ones. well not near me anyway. I used to check the jigsaws for Oxfam

Comment

• Morning all.
          Gosh it's early. Too dark outside to see what the weather is doing. Far too wide awake to go back to bed now. I need a brew to warm me up till the heating comes on I think. I'll make a big pot in case anyone else is awake
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Gosh , you are up early MH!
            Thanks for the brew… most welcome

I was woken up by rain lashing off the window and the electricity tripping on and off like a Belisha beacon.

I was just thinking back…are there still lots of those around or have they mostly been replaced with pedestrian controlled crossings ?

This tripping of the electricity has reminded me that we need to get a couple of trees professionally cut back.. Over the years they have encroached onto our electricity and phone cables which now pass through them
            We’re going to have to cut them back anyway for the faster broadband cable otherwise they won’t fit it, so it’s better done in good time and preferably before the wind / branches bring them down. That’s going to cost isn’t it?

We’re off out to market and a grory hop in the camper…then the rest of the day next to a different small river. Whatever the weather…we’re going!
            OH needs a couple of things from the diy shop which is near there too, so it’s a multitasking sort of trip

I’m itching to start my new jigsaw but I don’t really have time just now, and I promised a friend who is coming to stay in March that we can do it together. I too prefer to handle pieces. I sent one of mine to charity with one piece missing but took a photo of the gap in the completed jigsaw and taped it to the box . At least whoever bought it would be forewarned!

Hibou is bouncing around demanding to go out…sorry sweetie- there’s no Summer Door at the moment. It’s so windy that it sounds like thunder is rumbling and heavy traffic is passing not so far away, and waves crashing onto rocks. Really yuk.
            Wouldnt like to be on a ferry with this going on…

Right…best get my weigh in over and done with before I stick the kettle on….

Enjoy your day peeps…keep warm and dry x
            Last edited by Nicos; 16-01-2023, 07:01 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning. It's 2°C here and frosty. The car is white instead of red. I've been out of bed for a trip to the bathroom and to turn the heating up but am waiting for things to warm up and it to get light before I actually get up properly, maybe in about 15 minutes. I'm glad the weather here isn't as wild as yours, Nicos.

Maybe a snuggle down for a quick ten minutes....

Comment

• Morning

Just finished of my dish of oatmeal just what I need on cold frosty mornings. Not much happening outdoors here today only nipping in the GH for some lettuce.

Enjoy your outing Nicos.

Comment

• Morning all.

Whatever games you're up to, Flo, glad they're a source of fun.

Windy here on the southern front, but nowhere like as bad as where you are, Nicos. Due to get worse later, though. Rain too. With any luck, the snow has been cancelled, though. Phew.

Not sure when the smiles left. I was a bit embroiled in an early job and didn't see them go. Mind you, I got the job done and that was reason enough for smiles of my own. Lots more to be done today. Plus the elderly cat is sitting on my arm in a bid to keep warm, so next job had better be light the fire then.

Have a great day, everyone. Especially you, Nicos.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 16-01-2023, 10:01 AM.

Comment

• Well that was a long ten minutes .... it turned into an hour and ten minutes, I dropped off😴, but the frost has now thawed. Just had a notification from Google on my 'phone....expect snow at 10 am!!

There's nothing that I MUST do outdoors today so I'll just keep my eye on the weather.

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull as ditch water here and very cold. Spent an hour reading in bed and planning my day - nothing exciting on the cards as I'm trying to get used to retirement. Have a good day

Comment

• ☃️❄Google is right. I was just throwing bread out for the birds when it started to SNOW! I don't think there will be a lot (famous last words), the sky doesn't look "heavy" enough.⛷
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 16-01-2023, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all,
                          It was minus 2 this morning when I got up
                          However, its dry and the sun is up but its bitterly cold.
                          Not much on the cards today, I may go walking and call into the library.
                          I cant believe how popular jigsaws have be one since we had the pandemic.
                          Such a great pastime when confined indoors.

Nicos, enjoy your trip in the camper, it's good to get out.
                          Have a good day all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• We too have a flurry of sner - for once I'm not concerned as I don't have to go anywhere

Comment

• Morning all, lovely and sunny but very cold this morning. Love this kind of weather, much better than wind and rain. We too were promised some snow this morning but it didn’t materialise.
                              Have a great day everyone, enjoy the trip out in the camper Nicos. Catch you all later. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• We’ve had a few flakes of snow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X