Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning, though its a bit wet I can see a break in the clouds, and actually as I write the sun is coming out, so hopefully there will be some sunny periods today, yesterday as OH wanted to buy me my lunch, I let her force me to go to a GC where we had lunch, then I had a look around, I selected some seed potatoes, Charlotte and Wilja, I also had a look at the flower seeds and found that there are a number of empty spaces in the seed racks, don't know why, as I couldn't find an assistant to ask, which could mean due to staff shortages they haven't had time to put them out, which I doubt, as generally the seed company reps set them out or if there is going to be a seed shortage this year, I had also intended to buy some small plants, fuchsia etc. to grow on, but though the display was set up there were no plants on display, I did ask an couple of assistants about that,(they had disappeared by the time I got to the seeds) one said, hopefully they would be out next week and the other added, if they come. So evedently there will be shortages this year, if anyone is looking for seeds I would advise getting them soon, right time to order OH to get the kettle on as I want a coffee, might be back on later if I am able and don't have a couple of black eyes😏 enjoy your day and pass a bit of happiness on by passing on some smiles
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Snoop, you have a really busy life, di you ever get time to chill out?
      Rarely... I can't wait to retire.

GF, have you thought about an Alexa for Mr GF. My mum has taken to one much quicker than anyone expected. I think perhaps she likes bossing it about.

Edited: Sorry, Rary. How could I ignore you? I've been looking at seed catalogues. Don't need much this year but one has my favourite yellow courgette, Soleil. You wouldn't think there'd be much difference between yellow courgettes, would you, but now I've seen it I can't get it out of my head. Hope you manage to get everything you want soon.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 14-01-2023, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All - just Had Frank for a few hours yesterday evening, very entertaining. Just bought another two jigsaws so that should keep me busy for a while. Himself uses Alexa, but he has a strange way of asking questions so sometimes she ignores him Chilly here and windy., but it's sunny so may put the bedding out to dry. Coffee calling, see you later.
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Alexa?…ha ha ha!….. my son said you can ask all sorts of things from her..apparently the guys in his office were asking her to do lots of different types of farts
          Do they ever grow up?….hope not
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, scrub the sunny periods, heavy rain and feel bitterly cold, please excuse if auto correct doesn't sort thing correctly for some reason my eyes feel a bit swollen, must be the cold weather, had to go up to my sons, he is getting a new boiler fitted and he wanted me to wait in with the boys, while he and DiL went to pick up a couple of messages, would only be about three quarters of an hour, they should have missed ot the quarter part of their time estimate now back home and put on the dishwasher only to discover its not working, had the last one more than twenty years, (which of course was the second one in our married life my first one is still working well but not used very often) , only had this on about twenty weeks and its broken now need to get it repaired, wonder if my fist dishwasher will go into operating mode🤔 not likely and I can't get rubber gloves of a decent size to fit me, oh the woes😢 however she might consider thanking me now for heading out to the greenhouse, not to do anything just to avoid any housework
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I know the feeling about housework Rary…I really try and avoid it at times. Strangely ..from time to time ( thank goodness it’s only that!) I decide to have a blitz…Fortunately that impulse disappears once a task is completed.
              I’d much rather be out in the garden.
              I’m guessing that in a former life I was either a lady of leisure and never had the impulse to do domestic chores…or I was in service and did enough to last that lifetime and several future lifetimes!

Comment

• Good evening all, it was cold and sunny today but now it's raining,
                I went out walking and ended up in the shopping centre.
                Had a browse around and bought some books and a jigsaw.
                That should keep me going for the weekend.

Rary, I was on the lookout for seeds as well in the last few days but none in stock yet.

We have Alexa as well. My hubby uses it to get the answer to the crossword puzzle sometimes.
                Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening all.

I'll think about Alexa. I know a friend of Mr GF has it/her so maybe an overdue visit to see how he interacts with it and if he fancies giving it a go. Although he doesn't go online or use technology these days this is the man who originally, in the days of DOS (before windows or internet) taught me how to use a computer and who eventually suggested we should build our own state of the art (at the time) computer.

I am another avoider of housework. I think I'm allergic, but Rary honestly you don't really need rubber gloves to wash up. I've never used them.

I have just spotted, about half an hour ago, a small packet of Thorntons chocolates left over from Christmas. I haven't succumbed .... yet, but
                  I'm sure it's only a matter of time......

NOW!

Not bad to be fair....but not my favourites. How can chocolate not be chocolatey enough?
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

• GF information like that about gloves is not helpful 🙄😁 while out at the greenhouse I lit up the fire as a check to see how long it would stay in, have been out twice and the temperature has moved from 5.2 up to 18 but the wind is now too strong to be standing in a glasshouse, so I stoked the fire and will see how the temperature is in the morning
                    I think there will be a problem with seeds this year bramble, but hopefully I have enough of what I want to cover this year, I will need to hunt out the guide of seed fertility that I am sure I have seen on the vine, also if there is a shortage it might encourage us to save our own seeds. I have one of those hub alexa things and I always use it for playing music while I am cooking, OH gave me an echo alexa for Christmas, which shows you the words of any songs it is playing, I tried getting it to play radio Scotland the other day but it was asking for information that I didn't have time to find so it was shut down, I have also asked about hightide times and for some reason I get weather reports Amnosureit unerstons plain inglish, ah mean who widnyunerston whit ahsay, modern technology has a lot to learn yet, it is sitting a lot closer to the window now🙄, right off to have a read have a safe night, enjoy tomorrow and smile

​​​​​

Comment

• Morning all.

Didn't do anything like as much as I wanted yesterday, so it's all to be done today. What should have been done today will just have to wait till tomorrow. Could be worse. But had been hoping to get ahead of myself in case the promised snow does materialise.

Rary, what makes you think seeds will be in short supply this year? Is it just the lack of packets on shelves or is there some other factor? The weather last summer?

Right, the sun has come over the top of the trees on the other side of the valley at long last. Better get a move on. First jobs: light the range and get coffee on the go. Anyone fancy one with me?

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Chilly wind and been raining but fine now. I wouldn't be without Alexa she's so useful. I love changing her voice to masculine and telling Himself she's on leave and he's standing in Breakfast on its way so see you later. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Wet and windy here, luckily I dug up the veg I wanted for today's dinner yesterday during a dry spot.

Breakfast is over and its time to sort out the slow cooker.

Back later.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

I'd just made coffee when I saw your kind offer, Snoop. Thanks anyway.

It's 4°C here and partly cloudy. Earlier in the week the forecasts were giving dire warnings of SNOW for all the next week, starting today. Now, however, these predictions have disappeared. Most days have now got some sunshine in there prediction and no snow. I don't know why they bother with any forecasts beyond 24 hours.

Comment

• Morning, think I may be a bit late for the coffee but thank you Snoop!
                              Well, after a dreadful day yesterday it’s dry and eerily quiet out there. Can’t hear much traffic on the nearby main road either which is odd.
                              Doing nothing today other than going for coffee with OH and MiL. She can be a bit down sometimes so I’m hoping not today.
                              Have a nice day everyone, catch you all later. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

It poured it down all night again. I read on the news that there are loads of flood warnings in the UK . Hope none of you are affected?

The temperatures are dropping again so we need to go and top up our wood store.
                                We leave the split wood to season in our nearby woodyard so it’ll be a trailer job. We get the logs from a sustainable forest nearby which is constantly being replanted.
                                I love handling / splitting wood - tis a pity my wrists and back complain afterwards!

I need to get the iron out later…
                                Dont worry…it’s just to iron the cupboard curtains for the en-suite. I’ll hide it again afterwards

keep warm peeps…

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X