This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

I've been wide awake for ages. It's only 3°C here so I'm in no hurry to get out of bed.

Yesterday was a rare domestic goddess day. Today, rain forecast, ought to be another but....two in a row.

Comment

• Good Morning GF and All Fine but chilly. Frank day again. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy up top, so dull but no rain.

Off out to weed and strim today. Not very sure about the strimmer, but sometimes the scythe isn't the best tool. At least it doesn't leave bits of plastic twine everywhere, though.

After that, some paid work to keep the wolf from the door.

Nicos, tell your OH he's hogging the smiles. If you can't send me any rain, I'll have a few of those back.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Te he Snoop -p^^^^ - we’re forecast a bit of rain later so I’ll suggest to the smiles they take some with them on their way back to you. Little rascals though…you never know if they will be distracted by something else en route

Off to get hen food and more petrol for the mower and a sneak look at some plug plants
          I wish there were more high powered electric gardening equipment. I hated having to buy yet another petrol consuming device. One day eh?

Enjoy your day peeps whatever you get up to.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
            Dull but mild with a risk of rain later.
            I need to go to town to change some purchases that are too big for me.
            Have a good dsy and catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

The morning went fast with a Grory hop then to another supermarket twice in one day

Back home now for mackerel on toast

enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nice feeling there bramble having to return clothes which are too big?…I’d be pleased

I accidentally () bought some snapdragons at the agricultural supplies shop when buying chook feed. Something unexpected always jumps into your basket doesn’t it?
                Now that the daffodils are near enough gone we don’t have much colour apart from cowslips, pansies and primroses. I may still need to fleece them though if we get a frost.

Our rain has just started - sorry Snoop- my fault as I’d just hung out the washing. They are already wet so they can stay there for now at least.

Comment

• It’s just started raining here as well Nicos no laundry out just plants hardening off of it gets worse I’ll nip out and close the cold frame.

Comment

• Good night all.
                    Got my clothes changed.
                    Nicos, I've not lost any weight so I put it down to different brands and their sizing.
                    Went from a medium to a small size, I am probably shrinking due to age. 😃

A rainy day was forecast here but we just had grey skies.
                    All my window boxes are now planted up and outdoors.
                    Fingers crossed we dont have any more frost.
                    Have a good night all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's been a busy day for me today, started off with going up to get the boys out to school, after that out for a quick walk with the dog before going to the church coffee morning, I also had some work to do while there, went from there to collect some flowers so OH could set up for a funeral tomorrow, back home for a quick bite then out to get daughters two dogs to take them for a walk, which I had to time so that I could pick up youngest grandson from school and take him over to the secondary school for an after school music club, back home to prepair for the tea then back over to collect two of the boys from the school club, before going further along the road to collect oldest grandson when he finished his work, then after tea I had a church meeting, I didn't get much time to attend to the greenhouse bit the morra am hivin a long lie, so yous lassies keep the chatter doon, ah don't want wakened too early. So I wish you all a goodnight and enjoy tomorrow
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all (whispering so as not to wake rary)

Bright this morning. Mr Snoop snipped back the grasses and assorted weeds growing in front of one of our banks of solar panels, so they'll be appreciating the early morning sunshine.

Plenty to keep me occupied today indoors and out. Yesterday not as productive as could have been, but spent a useful time buying shelving online from Ikea, which will help us get organised for the next round of building work this summer (mini north-facing extension over part of the corral, to be built of glass and polycarbonate, so good accommodation for seedlings next year, though I haven't mentioned this to Mr Snoop yet...).

I did spot some smiles whizzing off this morning. The first in a while. I think they might be hanging out in the woodland with a blackbird, who's singing his heart out.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

A dull and misty day here hope it improves somewhat there's gardening I want to do.
                          No shopping today yesterday we were after Brown sauce stores only had BBQ sauce and I didn't fancy that on my bacon cob. Anyway we're sorted now after going to 3 stores.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          Yesterday not as productive as could have been, but spent a useful time buying shelving online from Ikea, which will help us get organised for the next round of building work this summer (mini north-facing extension over part of the corral, to be built of glass and polycarbonate, so good accommodation for seedlings next year, though I haven't mentioned this to Mr Snoop yet...).
                          That does sound like a good idea Snoop and we won't mention it to MrSnoop

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D

Sounds like a lovely start to the day there Snoop. Here, we have a woodpecker bashing away at a tree. I know their skulls etc are built for that but it’s still amazing the speed and power behind those taps.
                            And Wow- that sounds like a nice extension in the corral!

Not sure what I’ll do today apart from finish off planting out those snapdragons in pots at the front of the house but there’s plenty of things to choose from. I love this time of year in the garden.

I think these helicopters are scaring off the smiles . They’ve been at it since 8.30 this morning. Must be fun flying a helicopter ….and very skilful!..And very, very costly!

Anyone fancy a brew? Kettle’s boiled…

Enjoy your day peeps - cant believe it’s almost weekend already. And a Bank holiday weekend too

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              A dull start to the day but its 12 degs.
                              Some grocery shopping this morning and then I have a hospital app in the afternoon.

Snoop, the new exten6dounds like a great idea for seedlings.

Nicod, free entertainment there with the helicopters.
                              I havnt seen or heard a woodpecker in years.
                              Actually the last time was in France on holiday.

Have a good day all and enjoy the bank holiday weekend

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dull and breezy here. I have my middle GG coming for lunch, she says she's homeless as her kitchen is still being fitted. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X