This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning.

A beautiful sunny morning here...the weather forecast is wrong. Fortunately I ignored it and I imagine my washing will be just about dry out there in the sun and breeze. It was freezing last night though.

Mr GF is happily watching Ronnie O' Sullivan playing snooker. When the session has finished we'll pick up his brother and go do a grory hop.

I called in at the "frozen food shop" yesterday to restock on loo roll, kitchen roll and coffee. I only buy these rarely and in bulk to get the best offers. I can't quite believe how much they have gone up since I last bought them. Off course as the shop sells frozen food a couple of boxes of the double raspberry Magnums jumped into my trolley.

As I got back in the car I handed Mr GF a Magnum. He opened it and immediately asked if I'd like a bite. I said no, I'd have one later. He seriously thought I'd only bought one. After over 30 years it sometimes amazes me how little he knows me. Oh dear! I also forgot to get washing powder ( the one I know he is not allergic to) while I was in there so I may have to call in again in a few days and the Magnums might hijack my trolley again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Guess what OH is doing?
      Washing the dishes/ironing 🤔
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^^^^ yeh….right
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gf…I just had to gooogle the magnums…and spotted they are reduced from £4 to £3 in Sainsbury’s at the moment if that’s an alternative option?

Comment

• I’ve found a Cornetto hiding in the back of the freezer and it’s mine.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Gf…I just had to gooogle the magnums…and spotted they are reduced from £4 to £3 in Sainsbury’s at the moment if that’s an alternative option?
              2 packs of 3 for £6 where I buy them.......good reason to buy 2 packs!😋😋

Comment

• Good evening all.
                It's been a busy day here.
                Lots of errands done today.
                Afternoon potting on flowers.
                Everything covered now with several layers of fleece.
                The temp is yo drop to minus 2 tonight.
                Have a good evening

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all.
                  There was a light frost here early this morning, but gone by 8am. Still, better than the light snow we so often get at the back end of April. I'm glad I've resisted sowing half hardy flowers until now. With nowhere to grow them on, they would have been sitting outside under a bit of fleece. Not ideal in a frost!

For the first time ever, I have a full thick row of lettuce seedlings. Covering the seeds with vermiculite has kept away all the slugs. Hurrah! I know how to protect precious seedlings now.

So, Nicos, is your grass now neatly cut in broad stripes, or is it covered in excited swirls and circles?
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                    . After over 30 years it sometimes amazes me how little he knows me. Oh dear!
                    Believe me it doesn't get any easier after 57 years, there is one half of a marriage who is so unpredictable, and there is no Mr. in front of the name
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

Believe me it doesn't get any easier after 57 years, there is one half of a marriage who is so unpredictable, and there is no Mr. in front of the name
                      So you are rary and your wife is Mrs rary. Definitely no Mr before your name, rary, but knock off the s and there's a Mr in Mrs. Are you sure you don't want to retract the above comment?

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Evening all.

So, Nicos, is your grass now neatly cut in broad stripes, or is it covered in excited swirls and circles?
                        Te he!…there are a few rather wibberly wobberly lines around the place…I was watching him do the equivalent of a hand break turn at high speed …and he spun around on the spot for three turns. So yup…you know him well MH

The machine did really well tbh. The grass was still wet and long in parts and it just ploughed through it - so that’s definitely one thing we used to worry about sorted. First cut of the year of lush ex-cow pasture during a wet Spring was always a relief once done. This thing will definitely keep on top of that.
                        Just as well he used it yesterday as it’s pouring down at the moment .

We’re now waiting for delivery of our oil central heating. It’s mostly used for heating water and heating when we have guests and it looks like we’ve cut usage by half this year. Quite chuffed with that

Well done with your lettuce MH

If anyone needs an excuse to celebrate today, do feel free to raise a glass to my son - it’s his burpday today
                        I have to go to the post office today - which is almost next to a lovely patisserie- so I might just treat us to a small celebratory birthday cake. And why not….producing our babies was flippin hard work!

Toast and lemon curd for breakfast - help yourselves…end enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• Morning all.

Starting the day with ups and downs. It was warm enough last night here to leave my tom seedlings out. So I did. On the down side, I have come to the conclusion there's not much point me trying to grow a great deal this spring. Very disappointing but needs must. I can't make it rain if it won't. So, decision made.I will keep my current seedlings going for now in the hope that we do get some rain, but it would be unusual at this time of year now. Certainly there's nothing on the horizon for the next two weeks. And if it doesn't rain, in the compost bin with them. Mr Snoop wants to keep some of the toms going, so just as well they survived the night.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Sorry, Nicos. Missed you there.

Congratulations due on lots of fronts by the sound of it. Glad the mower is just the job.

Comment

• Morning

No frost here this morning still cold though.
                              Nicos your new mower sounds perfect, just wondering will you get to play or is MrN hogging it enjoy your birthday cake.

Its a good feeling MH not to have your crops eaten before you get to them. Lack of rain must be frustrating/disappointing Snoop hope you get to grow your toms even if its just a few.

I'm of out later but will be potting on toms this afternoon.

Enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Snoop - I can’t imagine how that must feel for you I suppose you just need to try and stay optimistic for rain.

Have you got a plan B to find a way to at least grow enough crops to sustain you ?

I was looking at this for me just the other day with a view to choosing more drought resistant crops
                                https://www.rhs.org.uk/vegetables/drought-care

Maybe we could set up a thread for growing veg in drought conditions which we all, to some extent, could benefit from as climate change kicks in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X