X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Bramble.

Really hot yesterday and a ridiculously warm night. Still 26 ºC when I went to bed.

Mr Snoop and assistant are hard at work again. Not quite so hot today, fortunately. They're making good progress. Me I'm just pootling about, though as ever I do have plenty to do so I should be getting on with it.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• We are going to buy and collect a second hand folding cot for some guests arriving next month…the sellers live near a discount shop which sells end of line or near ‘ use by’ dates so the ‘boys’ want to pop in and check out their beer selection​ Usually less than 1€ per bottle so fingers crossed they have a decent selection!. There’s a Lidl nearby so I can get a grory hop in whilst they are rummaging through the shelves
      We’ll take the camper and have a brew on the way home next to a lovely quiet spot by the river. Last time we spotted a white egret. There’s always something lovely to watch out for there.
      Might as well make the event into something fun for everyone eh?

Oh yes, and the ironing got abandoned
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm feeling very virtuous now Nicos - I did my ironing
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sorry, I haven't been around lately. I felt like a bit of a fraud posting on a gardening forum when my garden is a total embarrassment. I spent the first lockdown laying a lawn, setting up a veggie patch, building a polytunnel and planting trees, roses, rhubarb etc. In October 2021 I had a new bathroom installed whilst I was in Portugal. I had this done while I was away as I can't live in a house with no loo. I provided a tarp with the instruction that they lay it on new lawn and put the building rubbish on top of it. (I can only have a skip for a few hours on the road as my house is straight onto the pavement with double yellow lines). They put the rubbish on the lawn and put the tarp over the top. It killed the grass. They also did a lot of other destructive things in my garden and house so I lost all interest for a while. I've also been supporting my youngest son who has been going through a bad time.

Anyway, news update. I am now Deputy Mayor for our town. Said son and I have taken over a pub. At 76 I now have a new lease of life. I didn't think I would ever want to go back to work but I'm loving it. It's been very stressful but also made me feel alive again.

I'm so sorry about your cat Snoops it's awful losing a loved member of the family no matter how expected.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Really hot yesterday and a ridiculously warm night. Still 26 ºC when I went to bed.
            It was the same here Snoop, warm while sitting watching TV, but when we went to bed it got really hot​​​​​​
            But OH told me to get up and take the top cover off and open the window a bit further 🙄😏
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Wow, JanieB! Brilliant news. What a change in life. Hope it brings you lots of fun and joy.

Comment

• Prevning, warm, sunny and humid just now, I am sitting at a window watching the birds at the feeder, I have two feeders inside a cage to stop the crows and squirrel emptying them, I was filling them 3 times a day and at the cost of the feeding it was becoming unmanageable, until I discovered that the crows were actually turning the feeders on their sides allowing all the seed to fall out, quite ingenious how they did it never mind how they learned to do it, they seemed cling on to the base and the feeding port, flap their wings and move the feeder sufficiently to allow seeds to fall out, the squirrel just held on to the post with its feet caught the base and pulled it to allow the seeds to empty out
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

So glad I defrosted the lasagna as it ended up being rather a long day!
                  The travel cot is fantastic…I gave the lady a lettuce from our garden (as well as paying her) and she was confused at first then absolutely thrilled. It feels good to share doesn’t it?

Janie!…wow and wow again. It’s lovely to see you back posting again with us. It seems like your life has had the boost you needed. I’m really pleased for you Do keep us updated xx All around to your place for a swift half then eh?

Comment

• Evening

We've just arrived home from a walk it was too warm earlier for walking to be enjoyable.

Welcome back Janie all the best with your new ventures.

Rary glad to hear you sorted out the Bird feeders those squirrels and birds are crafty.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night all.
                      Janie, lovely to see you back on here and good luck with your new project.
                      Busy day here, the tomatoes needed to be tied in and trimmed back after 2 weeks.
                      Picked some cherry toms, raspberries and strawberries.
                      Picked lots of weeds as well.
                      Have a good evening all.
                      Nicos, sounds like you had a good day.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        I'm feeling very virtuous now Nicos - I did my ironing
                        My turn tomorrow….absolutely no excuses Well done that woman xx

Comment

• Sorry about the abrupt end to my last post, but tablet was down to 2%, and yes Nicos you are right(it gives me a funny feeling, saying that​​​​​​) but it does feel good to share, I have given 5 neighbours a lettuce today, one to whom I give veg regularly said that it tastes so much better than any he buys, with regards to saying a woman is right.
                          Mr. Smith was at the doctors for a checkup and the doc remarked on how fit he and his wife were for 85 year olds, so asked what's the secret, to which Mr. Smith replied that when he and his wife got married 64 years ago they made an agreement that when there was a disagreement between them, the one who had to apologise went for a 3 mile walk, so Mr. Smith said, for the past 64 years I have walked 3 miles every day. Well that definitely would keep you fit, said the doctor, but how does Mrs. Smith keep so fit. Oh said Mr. Smith, she walks behind me, to make sure I do the 3 miles. 😁
                          There could be a lot of truth in that story, when does a wife ever say she is wrong
                          Of course I now expect a Mod to remove this post, after all my OH might see it
                          Nice to see you back Janie, and I wish you well in your new venture
                          Now I wish you all a goodnight and tomorrow go and find a reason to pass on some smiles
                          Last edited by rary; 26-06-2023, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Morning n’alln’all

I promised myself I’d start on the ironing as soon as I woke up…I think I’ll try and get back to sleep as it’s so early!

Rary - you are a bad influence!

Comment

• Morning all.

Another hot one today. Must walk the dogs before it gets too much for them. Very hard to leave my nice cool basement, though... The smiles have got the right idea - up and out before the sun is over the horizon. Hope they're not getting to you too soon to give you a wave as they fly on by.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning raining here at present, so OH wants to do a shopping then later we will take one of the grandsons to Dumfries House where he will be doing something connected with the Duke of Edinburghs Award system, have a good day whatever the weather and think happy thoughts

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X