• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the update still going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sim View Post
      Is the update still going on?
      We are guessing so. We’ve not heard from Admin/ IT but they did say that any posts made during that time will be lost, so I guess we will find out when those last few day’s worth suddenly disappears.

We’ll let you know when we hear anything. I’d be surprised if anything happens now today….but you never know.

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sad news there Snoop. It hurts so much, even when you are anticipating this.
        Glad you were back home in time to give her cuddles. Xx

Comment

• Afternoon

Our borrowed dog has just left it’s been nice having a dog in the house again. It’s not tempted us to have our own though.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss Snoop, though labeled as pets, they become one of the family, OH says no more pets as I take it quite sore when they die, but then if I had locked OH and one of our dogs in the garage for a couple of hours guess which one would be pleased to see me, I have had 5 dogs and 2 cats and can remember them all, as they all had different traits which makes them memorable, so you have your memories
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Ha ha Rary…you do make me laugh! I’m guessing it would be your wife who would be most pleased to see you. Two hours of peace and quiet?…yup - a perfect length of time to sit down and make a decent list of urgent jobs for you to do

Comment

• Good morning.
                Our last morning here in France.
                Just packing the last few bits and pieces and then we will be on our way to Cherburg.
                An overnight sailing and we will be home by Sunday lunchtime.
                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Ha ha Rary…you do make me laugh! I’m guessing it would be your wife who would be most pleased to see you. Two hours of peace and quiet?…yup - a perfect length of time to sit down and make a decent list of urgent jobs for you to do
                  Ay that'll be right🙄😁
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Safe journey Bramble. Lovely and sunny here today. No plans, just pottering. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Thanks for your kind thoughts, Rary. Losing a pet is indeed very hard. She's been buried with a yellow rose close to the house, so we can say hello to her every time we pass. One of the dogs has a very strong pack instinct and he's noticed she's missing.

Busyish kind of day today. Hoping to find some time for a bit of eyelid inspection later this afternoon, though.

Safe travels, Bramble.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your cat Snoop. I like the idea of the rose.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Lovely idea about the rose Snoop. Really lovely x

Safe trip bramble . My friends have left this morning and I can’t believe how quickly the week went by. Tbh though - I’m pretty exhausted but it’s been more than worth it
                          OH’s friend is arriving this evening but I’ll be able to leave them to themselves quite a bit.

Comment

• The rose is a nice idea Snoop xx
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hi All,
                              Just a quick hello being 00:15, I hope you are all well and enjoying the lovely weather and your Gardens.

Snoop:- So sorry to hear of the loss of a beloved family member, after all lets face it that is what pets really are part of the family aren't they ? Myself and the family know only to well the mix of emotions that the passing of pet has on you, but all I can advise is concentrate on the funny times as pets do make you laugh and then look forward to the day when you will meet up again when the time comes.

We have had two border collie cross's and four lovely cats that will always be in our hearts and remembered either in thought or by the pictures you have taken over the years.

Take care all,
                              Geoff.

EDIT:- Mods the clock is an hour behind........
                              Last edited by 1batfastard; 24-06-2023, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks like it's going to be very hot today...

Mr Snoop and his assistant made a very early start. I did too, but am not keeping up with their output. First job, make a chocolate fudge cake for the neighbour down the valley who will be lending us what seems from his description to be something like a pneumatic drill (not pneumatic, but the same effect). Should be interesting. Doubtless Mr Snoop and his assistant will have lots of fun with it.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts about our elderly cat. Our attention has been somewhat diverted to Frankie, who came home last night with an abscess over one eye. No vet till Monday, so he's having to make do with our ministrations meanwhile and not appreciating it.

The smiles were bouncing about this morning, excited by the idea of cake and drills. I've shooed them out, though, so I hope they reach you soon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X