X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning

Bramble it has to be better today for you xx

Grory hop this morning best get a move on.

Back later.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
      Dull and breezy but the sun is to come out later.
      We are having a day out with friends so nothing garden related today,
      Safe journey Nicosk hope you had a good holiday.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• A quick pre ‘mornin n’alln’all’ …we’re back home after a lovely trip to the uk
        Safe trip Snoop - hadn’t realised we might have crossed each other en route!

Just need to get some sleep and start unpacking, washing and, from the looks of things, some gardening!. The plants have been wonderfully cared for ( watered) whilst we were away but in the dark ( yes, I know….we gardeners just can’t resist a quick check over can we?) it looks like a few things have bolted.

The land of nod calls- see ya later peeps!…..

oh…and I forgot to mention….I saw the smiles!…yep, sunbathing…only took a bit of prompting to get them to head back to base as they looked a tad embarrassed at being caught out even though I did say that we all deserve time off
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Welcome back Nicos and we'll see you once you come out from under that laundry pile.

Gardening here today with a bit of shopping, then the slow cookers on turning dried peas into mushy ones.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Grass being cut again and I need to ask about digging out the raised beds so see you later
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all from a very sunny Normandy

At midnight it was 19.5C …what with the scent of dusty ground and crickets chirping away you’d have thought we were abroad!

It’s so lovely to be home - I love spending time with friends and family, catching up on unavailable uk goodies () , travelling around different parts of England I’ve never been through before and sleeping in our lovely camper van….but there really isn’t anything like your own bed and pillows is there?

We had great fun with our granddaughter. She’s an absolute delight. I think I must have been a Jackanory presenter in a former life ( you’re far too young to have seen that Rary) I absolutely loved making up short stories for her- on whatever subject she suggested! No book - just sat looking at me listening. (I wonder if I have a funny face and she had no idea what I was on about!)

On the way oop norf we called in at a church where my grandfather’s grandparents were buried and found their grave with the help of the church warden. I told her that the wife at aged 4 was in the local workhouse and she said their intricate headstone would have been very expensive, so someone in their family had made good to have paid for that. And yes, silly me burst into tears. Such a hard life to have brought up 11 children too.

Right , well, I’ve not really caught up on here but I have lots to do in the house and garden . Great to be back with you all - see ya later peeps.

Comment

• Oops- looks like we have a massive branch down from one of our conifers. Don’t like conifers but they were here when we arrived. Now got to sort out all that sticky sap whilst cutting it up and shifting it. Not what I thought we’d be doing today

Comment

• Good afternoon, a lovely sunny day, just back in after visiting a local community tea room, the food was very good and reasonably priced, so we'll worth visiting, I prepared some pots before heading out so now going to plant them up with some fuchsia and begonias, I will need to look up that name Nicos, I have never came across it before 😏 was it on the radio, or as you might call it, the wireless, I often heard my mother and older sisters call it that​​​​​​. Right off to get these plants in enjoy your day
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Lovely to see you back Nicos and your holiday sounded very enjoyable.

Very busy day here as we are away on holiday tomorrow.
                    I had to move all my tomatoes outdoors as my grandson cant be here every day to water them.
                    They are in their final containers in the shaded part of the garden.
                    My fingers are crossed as they are on a wing and a prayer.
                    Have a good night sll,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oooo Bramble!…holiblobs! ….hope you have a great time x ….I certainly did - thanks.

We’ve had really heavy rain this evening - really lovey especially with the doors open as it’s been so hot and humid.
                      Only a tad of rumbling though. I do love a good thunderstorm but it was not to be. It’s usually the other way around here- all the flashes and bangs but no rain, so we’ve been lucky this time - just when it was needed.

Early start tomorrow as we need to do a quick grory hop for basics and buy a replacement outdoor tap. There was too much to do today and then it just got too hot to be bothered!

Oh…and whoever it is who’s snoring….keep it down a tad can you mate - I can hear you from here!

Comment

• Morning

No rain here yet Nicos we really could do with some its going to be a hot one here with temps up to 27c some thunder this afternoon.

Safe journey Bramble, have a lovely time.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sounds a lovely holiday Nicos, enjoy yours Bramble
                          Same forecast here Bren, and I've got to have the oven on for sausage rolls!
                          Have a good day All
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Its bright and sunny.
                            Just watered everything as we have had no rain recently.
                            Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Far too hot and humid to be outside. We managed a salad in the shade then had to come inside. Hard to believe we were lighting fires in the evening a couple of weeks ago!

We bought several buckets from B&Q when we were over. Mostly for collecting indoor water -( like running off the hot water for a shower until it comes through hot etc) mostly for flushing the loos and water waste from the kitchen to be poured onto the flowers. I have tried to carry washing up bowls of water through the kitchen and into the garden but always manage to splosh it all over the floor ….the plan is that it’s easier/ safer for me to carry and pour a bucket. Hopefully this will save water and make it easier to use.

I just fancy an ice cream but fortunately we don’t have any!
                              I looked out for the double raspberry magnum on my travels but didn’t see any but tried a Sunlover magnum. Mango and coconut with white chocolate. I absolutely love mango, but wasn’t particularly fussed with it truth be told.

We are on amber warning for thunderstorms again today but there’s no signs of it as yet. I hope everyone in need of water gets some soon. Last night’s downpour filled our main Water storage containers so there must have been a heck of a lot!

Oh…and next time I say we’re off to market early ( ie before we have breakfast) please remind me it’s better to eat something first…I’m too embarrassed to say how much non diet food we bought We didn’t even make a dent into the cheese stall

Enjoy your day peeps. We’re up to UV 9 at the moment so it’s better that we hide indoors for a while at least. The frustrating thing is that the ironing pile keeps waving to me….both of them

Comment

• Afternoon

I’m sat under the gazebo hiding from the sun no gardening here only early morning watering of seedlings and containers.
                                No magnums here either Nicos just cornetto’s

enjoy your afternoon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X