Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drat, drat and three times drat. There was no rain in the forecast today so I stripped my bed early this morning. I put on a new sheet but was hoping to get the same duvet set washed, dried and back on the bed by tonight as it is far and away my Summer favourite. I just glanced out of the window. The sun had peeked out and it was also pouring with rain!
    Gggrrrhhhhh!!! My bedding is just hanging there, all forlorn.

To be fair it didn't last too long, but the forecast has now changed to a 77% chance of rain for this afternoon. It can stay on the line. I'm not giving in yet.

Comment

• Following on from my last post, I have sort of given in. As Mr GF said, (he was actually probably sick of listening to me moan about incompetent meteorologists at the time), "Why don't you buy another like your favourite because they'll probably stop doing it soon anyway".

I have now ordered on from Dunelm. The also had a rather nice deep fitted sheet in a colour that will go with it well....I hope. That's ordered too. I was going to go pick them up from my local store, but unfortunately the sheet is only available for delivery. Delivery was showing as Free on my full order. When I put the sheet for delivery and the duvet cover for collection suddenly delivery was not free....weird as they will be coming seperately on different days anyway.🤯

Well, as a Yorkshire lass with short arms and long pockets, I've settled for free delivery🤞🤞. It's the first time I've trusted them with delivery since their dreadful service over Christmas 2 years ago when my curtains didn't arrive until well into January.

Comment

• GF we’ve had rain on and off all day so I gave up trying to do anything out doors apart from harvesting, so I commiserated by having a Cornetto.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good for you Gf!…see…sometimes good things happen following on the heels of distress/ frustration!
          fingers crossed the delivery works out well.
          I too had a favourite duvet cover. I found it in the bin end at Dunelm about 15 years ago. There were two so I bought both of them for here. They were about £6 each for a king size cotton cover They finally got too threadbare to use last year. Not bad eh?….I also bought a different coloured one for my daughter and it was her favourite too. Sadly only lasting 6 years of constant use. Can’t complain at that eh?
          I love my winter duvet cover now but am still pining for a summer linen one…but the cost is bonkers
          Its just a matter of time when the impulse grabs me and I’ll treat us…why not eh?

Not had more than a sprinkling of rain here today. We managed to get to the vide grenier but didn’t buy anything. If the new guests had warned us they’d be arriving an hour later we’d have just had time to get to the medieval fair oh well.
          Last edited by Nicos; 13-08-2023, 03:34 PM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sausage and Mash wasn't an option, so had the Roast beef and Yorkshires. Nothing to write home about, but the chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream was divine. Being with family was the icing on the cake
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
              Sausage and Mash wasn't an option, so had the Roast beef and Yorkshires. Nothing to write home about, but the chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream was divine. Being with family was the icing on the cake
              Oooohhhhhhh! Chocolate brownie with chocolate sauce and ice cream!! I am green with envy.🤢🤢. Strawberries and cream was great but I think I've got chocolate withdrawal symptoms.😡😡😡.

Comment

• Evening all.

I've used a beechwood rolling pin ever since I was old enough to wield a pin, but yesterday I finally decided to splash out on a stainless steel rolling pin with thickness rings so my biscuits will all be exactly the same thickness. To my amazement, it was delivered this evening. Talk about speedy service! I had to check that I hadn't inadvertently applied for A**zon prime, but nope, it came regular delivery.

If I'm not here tomorrow I shall be found in the kitchen making jam tarts and biscuits
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good night all.
                  It was a lovely day here, bright and breezy.
                  Picked some more blackberries this afternoon.
                  Did some laundry and got it dry in no time at all.
                  We have had no rain for the last 5 days, so that's a bonus.
                  Good night all and sleep well,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• When I was a nipper my mom had a hollow glass rolling pin. She’d pour iced water into it before rolling pastry.

Comment

• Mornin n
                      Early start again…thanks Hibou
                      It’s staying dark longer isn’t it?

Three things on my to do list today is a quick grory hop, a couple of hours of ironing, and a bit of weeding of the driveway. It’s a Bank holiday here tomorrow and we really fancy having a day out in the camper, so I need to get those jobs out of the way for peace of mind.

Blackberries bramble?…Is that early this year for you?…all my wild ones are small and green still….mmm…blackberry and apple crumble with custard…mmmm.

Oh dear…back onto the subject of food again! Ha!

Tea and toast anyone?…I just spotted the smiles whizz by so enjoy your day!

Comment

• Good morning all, and what a miserable morning it is. Grey and pouring with rain.

Amazingly yesterday I managed to get the duvet cover just about dry outdoors between downpours. I, however, think I shocked the iron (steam generator) into submission by turning it on. I actually ironed the quilt cover and pillowcases to make sure there were no damp bits and also ironed the rest of the ironing pile that had been hiding for a long while. I put the thinnest of our quilts on the bed and had a better night's sleep than I've had for ages. I never heard a thing until 7am.

I've already had an email from Evri to say that they have got one of my parcels.

Mr GF has got an appointment in the nearby small town at lunchtime so if the rain abates I might have a wonder into a couple of shops while we're there. There's a really nice delicatessen........ food again, Nicos.

Comment

• Morning all.

Blackberries, bramble? I'm jealous. Ours this year are going to be pip-filled shrunken numbers. Ah well, there's always next year. Though I've been saying that for years about the blackberries (and the rest of my garden).

Stainless steel rolling pin... that sounds like it should be good mothhawk. Is the idea to keep it in the fridge so it gets nice and cold? I've got a glass rolling pin that Mr Snoop found while going through the stuff left in the house in the village. Not hollow, though, but very heavy. Maybe I should give it a try today. I volunteered to make jam tarts for tonight's supper (being cooked by friend up the valley). With any luck, I'll make a better job of the pastry than I did the other day.

More fiesta shenanigans tonight. Another midnight till 5 am session, so I won't be dropping in early tomorrow. Before that, paid work and a haircut for Mr Snoop.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Its been raining here since 6.30 steadying of now though.

I've been picking blackberries for the past week not a lot so I've been freezing them each time I want to get to them before the birds this year, i don't like netting them in case birds get tangled up.
                            I remember my friend buying a Tupperware rolling pin in the 70's that you filled with water that worked well on pastry, mine the same wooden one I've had since school

Spoke to soon the rains back.

Enjoy your day
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chucking it down here so nothing doing outside today and I can be guilt-free in the kitchen.

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                              ..Stainless steel rolling pin... that sounds like it should be good mothhawk. Is the idea to keep it in the fridge so it gets nice and cold?
                              I didn't think of that, Snoop, what a great idea. especially while the weather is so warm.

Blackberries, yes! I had news from the district council to say that our village playing fields and footpath across it will finally re-open on Wednesday after being closed for nearly 2 years because of high methane gas levels, so I shall be able to pick the beautiful blackberries again One area remains closed, so probably won't be able to access the wild damsons that grow there.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All Drizzling here and no break in the clouds yet. I was given a ceramic rolling pin last Christmas. It's very heavy. I can't remember when I got my wooden faithful, it could have been my mum's! Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X