Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was just about to edit but you beat me to it!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sounds a bit like Officer Crabtree from 'allo, 'allo

Comment

• Good evening, I have been very busy the past two days, yesterday potatoes lifted and leeks cabbage and chard planted out, then started setting up for the alterations to my raised bed, I started by driving in retaining pins, then moving some 2x2 slabs which I am using as a retaining wall, I then battered some hardcore into the ground this was going to be covered with concrete, all to prevent tree roots getting into the veg beds, I finished working last night just before nine, and went for a shower to remove some of the backs aches and pains, this morning started with a couple of boys at the door as I wanted the front of my driveway lowered to save OH getting jostled about when entering or leaving the drive, the boys who were doing job for me was going to remove all the whin dust that was used for bedding the mono block when it was laid, there were ten bags of dust, so I told them to move the bags to the back garden as I had a use for it, they moved it by barrow, I had to move it by hand and their ten bag should have been twenty I was using it as infill for the banking behind the hut, that was a struggle there is just a narrow space between the hut and a tree to get behind the hut, so I am faced with three options for the future 1, cut down the tree, 2, move the hut, 3, lose some weight, I am now wondering how I can move the hut, anyway got that done, then had some 3x2 slabs to move, I think these slabs soak up a lot of water, I don't remember them being as heavy several years ago when I first got them, they are now in place and the base is concreted and all joints sealed with cement, I now feel shattered, I wonder if OH would give me a massage ​​​​​​, there will be a blue moon in the sky before she does that ah well we can dream, have a pleasant evening and keep smiling. Goodnight
        Last edited by rary; 15-08-2023, 08:04 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Good grief Rary…that sounds utterly exhausting …bet you ache today as well!
          I’ve thought of a 4th option…get one of your lovely grandchildren to squeeze behind the shed whenever needed…you do a lot for them…I’m sure they’d be happy to reciprocate
          I spotted this Rary…..Only two weeks until the next blue moon!

The next monthly Blue Moon is on Aug. 30/31, 2023 according to Time and Date. The next seasonal Blue Moon will take place on Aug. 19/20, 2024.

https://www.space.com/15455-blue-moon.html#

Today I’m hoping to get on with more weeding of the drive…it’s starting to look tatty in parts again.
          I’ve also got a pile of ironing to crack on with….so we’ll see.

I left the back door open earlier for Hibou….and she’s just brought me a leaf for my breakfast!…anyone care to join me?
          Actually, I’ve noticed the cherry leaves are starting to turn and drop. They are always my first indicators that summer’s end is approaching.

Enjoy your day peeps
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Gosh Rary, bet you're stiff today. Take the day off, visit the garden centre, and treat yourself to something.

A leaf for breakfast, Nicos? No thanks, I'll go with porridge and honey this morning. I saw a short utoob video of a cat who regularly takes a leaf to the fishmongers to swap for a bit of fish. Cats are the supreme intelligence on this planet, I think!
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Rary you have been busy like MH suggest take today to yourself have a wonder around a Garden center there's bound to be something you need/want.

Nicos you best keep Hibou's leaf if he thinks you don't appreciate it he'll bring you a mouse instead

Enjoy your day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                I spotted this Rary…..Only two weeks until the next blue moon!

The next monthly Blue Moon is on Aug. 30/31, 2023 according to Time and Date. The next seasonal Blue Moon will take place on Aug. 19/20, 2024.

Oh Rary!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos;n2567132I spotted this Rary…..
                  The next [B
                  monthly[/B] Blue Moon is on Aug. 30/31, 2023 according to Time and Date. The next seasonal Blue Moon will take place on Aug. 19/20, 2024.

YAAAA BEAUTYYY
                  Thanks Nicos, hopefully some dreams come true
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good morning, have been out checking my work from yesterday and all the concrete has set, so happy with that, not sure if any of you have been sending thought waves to OH, but she has just suggested that we go out to the garden centre for lunch today I want to get on with my work, but as I need to start working on her so that I get the massage at the end of the month I will oblige, so hope you have a good day and I pass on some smiles to you all​​​​​​
                    Last edited by rary; 16-08-2023, 07:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      YAAAA BEAUTYYY
                      Thanks Nicos, hopefully some dreams come true
                      Snowball's chance in a cat scanner

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny start. Bacon sandwich for us. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          A little on the dull side but its 16 degs.
                          A trip to the charity shop and I have been sorting out the presses.
                          Looking after my grandson this evening.

Rary, where do you get the energy.
                          You're such a hard worker.
                          Glad to hear you're taking some time out today.

Nicos, I love hearing about the unlikely things Hibou bring you.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Good things come to those that wait, rary. Plus, amazing amount of work you've achieved. Congratulations. Enjoy lunch, by the way!

Buttered toast and iced coffee here for breakfast. Need to make more bread again... Got a bit of work to do too, so better shake a leg.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• We have a glorious day weather wise.
                              Spent the last 3 hrs weeding the drive- and it’s looking much better for it.
                              OH is attacking the brambles in one of the borders. But from the sounds of it I think they are attacking him

I’ve stopped for a break. Fortunately the raspberry magnum I’ve just eaten didn’t have its calorific value on the wrapper.
                              Plenty more magnums in the freezer- do help yourselves.

It’s years since I’ve had lunch in a garden centre..yummy! Enjoy Rary.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon, a dull day but boy it’s warm. Had good news from hospital, my new medication is working!!! Yahoo. So another 3 months until my next scan. Here’s hoping it continues to work. Did a few domestic chores this morning but have spent the afternoon taking apart my egg chair (next to no use this summer) and having coffee.
                                Hope you all have a fab day. Hope Gus is behaving Nick!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X