X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

Sending birthday wishes to MrNicos.

Nice looking mincemeat GF I made some once from an old recipe but ever since I’ve used bought only because it’s easier.

It’s raining heavy here.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon a mixed day weather wise, sun and showers and a cold wind, when the showers come on they are quite heavy and with the cold wind it feels quite wintery, have been out to do a bit of shopping, OH has been notified that she goes in a week on Sunday for a hip replacement on Monday, so she wanted to get some Christmas hampers along with vouchers for a meal ordered for our son and daughter, she was telling the woman the sort of things she wanted and the price, the woman said what if it runs slightly over the 100 when it's being made up, the reply was that's OK, that's OK, when I am two shillings short in the change I have to account for it​​​​​​, was going to go for some seaweed, was actually going out the door when the rain started so decided to get it tomorrow. Hope you better half has a good day Nicos, I always think a man should get whatever he wants on his birthday, or is it on his wedding anniversary 🤔 anyway that should be applicable any time
      Hope the rest of the day is good for everyone
      ​​
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
        OH says thank you for all your kind wishes.
        He treated himself to some thermal, armour toed wellies for his birthday as an impulse purchase Rary, so he did get what he wanted ( or in this case - what he didn’t know he needed)

We’re back in Yorkshire now having had a wonderful time in the North Lakes. I’m an expert apparently at Pooh Sticks

The temperatures have dropped dramatically since last weekend haven’t they?
        A visit to the garden centre and planting out is on the books for today….but it’s rather brrrr at the moment!
        Did anyone get frost last night?

Time for a brew….anyone care to join me?

Yikes!….just spotted the smiles overhead!…can they smell the treacle toffee I bought?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Glad your OH has finally got a date for her op Rary- very sensible to get her Xmas stuff sorted

Comment

• Morning all.

Good news indeed on your OH's op, Rary.

Cloudy here this morning. No rain forecast but Mr Snoop reckons there will be some. So he's off out to cover up firewood and the like.

We're off out for the day to meet up with a primary school chum of his for lunch. So I need to go and find some proper clothes, not just country or local village clothes. That'll be a challenge... Fingers crossed I can find something suitable. A bit of soup-making before and a scrub and polish and I'm good to go.

Treacle toffee, Nicos. That sounds amazing. Last time I bought some was in Thorntons in the city where I lived. The lady in the shop told me Thorntons was exclusive to that city. I told Mr Snoop this shortly after we met and went shopping there. He fell about laughing and even though it was 42 years ago, I still get reminded of it every now and then.

Right, on with the show. The carrots won't peel themselves for the soup.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rary that's good news about OH's opp date and I agree with her about getting ready for Christmas. It always seems a long way off then suddenly its days away.
              No frost here yet Nicos just been out the the GH thee lowest overnight temp for the last few days was 6c. I did spot a couple of cucumber so they're now in the fridge.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny but only 6 degrees here. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

It's good to hear that Mr Nicos treated himself to something he wanted for his birthday.

Snoop, I also remember occasionally been taken into the Thorntons shop in my local town as a child but, to be honest, their chocolate was wasted on me. I liked basic chocolate and left to my own devices would have eaten that until it came out of my ears.

Rary, I'm glad to hear that Mrs Rary is going to get her hip sorted out. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

It's been cold overnight here again and is only 8°C here now. It's forecast to drop to 2°C tonight. I think I sleep better generally on cooler nights.

While making tomato soup yesterday I started thinking about other soups for Winter. I'm generally a bung in everything in the fridge that want using up when it comes to soup, but now I'm thinking about making Cockaleekie at some point. Having googled recipes I then ended up looking at a recipe for jambalaya. It looks interesting, a bit like a paella but with different herbs. Has anyone ever had a go at making it, or just eaten it?

Comment

• GF I’ve not tried jambalaya there seems to be various recipes out there using either meat or seafood.
                    Let us know how it works out.

Comment

• Te hé… just been on a soft drink pub crawl! I really do miss a good pub with lit fires.
                      However , I seem to have eaten too many packets of pork scratchings!

Comment

• Good evening I thank you on my wife's behalf for the kind wishes , and gf I too am hoping for a speedy recovery for her I was up early this morning to head over for some seaweed, there wasn't a rush so having my breakfast when it started to rain, so decided to finish a job in the bathroom, I needed to fill in some of the floor covering as the new pedistal that was fitted at the start of the week was, as all these refits always seem to be, a different size and shape as well as different position, there was some water released when disconnecting the water supply so I had left it for the floor to dry out, was about to fit and seal the patch when OH appeared and she wanted the floor scrubbed and re sealed round the walls, as she wouldn't be able to get anything like that done for quite a time after next week, (funny enough, I don't remember her doing anything like that in all the years we have been married 🤔maybe I am suffering from oldtimers😕) anyway two hours later I got out for my seaweed and fortunately there was quite a lot, so collected three big bags in no time, a bag is about the equivalent to a barrow and a half, had just collected and back in the car when there was a heavy shower, back home and with the floor dry I got the wall edges resealed, then out to spread the seaweed over the veg bed, one good thing about it getting colder is that there were no flies in the seaweed, hope you all have a good evening and those eating away from home enjoy it. Goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Sorry forgot to ask, did anyone else have a problem getting on to the forum this morning, I tried several times and couldn't connect

Comment

• I had no difficulties, rary. Maybe the update had a bit of a hiccup and I happened to miss it. Is it working OK now?

Comment

• Evening, I’ve had no trouble getting on the vine either, odd how that sometimes happens.

Comment

• Good night all.
                                I had no trouble getting on the forum even though I am in Spain.
                                Rary, just wanted to wish your wife a safecopperation and a speedy recovery..🙏🙏

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X