Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop, the smiles did indeed arrive yesterday.
    They stayed all afternoon and had so much fun.

Flo, good news about your delivery and your hair looks lovely.

It was a busy day today, got out in the garden this afternoon.
    Lots of daffodils and a few hyacinths showing up in the last few days.
    All the foliage on the dahlias are blackened so that's another days work.
    Have a good evening g all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Cold and grey here this morning. Me and the weather, come to think of it. I'd much rather be tucked up nice and warm, fast asleep, still in bed. I think I'll light the range, that'll improve matters.

The smiles are having a lie-in today. Either that or they're not budging yet to avoid alerting Frankie to their presence. He's still a fighting, biting cat. Not going to change now, I think.

Have a great day, everyone.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 13-12-2023, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• Morning

A bit of drizzle then a dry day here so I finally get out into the garden, lots of tiding to do out there.

Enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Drizzly here and much colder than yesterday. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning and it's a beautiful sunny morning here.
            I need to go to the post office and the library to return done books so that should be a nice walk.
            The leaves on my dshlias have all been blackened by frost so I need to tidy them up.

Snoop, if I am feeling down I always turn on my music and it usually lifts my spirits.

Hope all have a good day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's grey and drizzly today. I went to get elevenses for us just before 11am but suddenly realised we'd no strawberry jam buns left. I've now made the dough, baked them and we've eaten one each. 😋

I'm thinking of going down to Sainsbury's shortly to buy some presents ....and goodies.

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                Well…it is afternoon here!

Off out soon to try and find a Xmas tree. We’ve left it really late this year ​​​​​​ - for us that is!

Sorry you’re feeling glum Snoop. I usually eat something when I feel like that…then feel even more fed up with my lack of willpower
                Ah…that really doesn’t help does it

Tis wet, dull and miserable here too, but I’m hoping it will clear up for tonight as there is supposed to be a brill meteor shower overnight. Different coloured ones apparently. Originating from the Gemini area ( to the left of Orion’s Belt)
                Let’s hope someone catches a glimpse of them! Make a wish fir me if you see several won’t you?

Heres a chuckle for you..
                We bought a new loo seat yesterday…OH was struggling to get it to fit snugly , finally sorted it….then picked up the other one to dispose of it. Yep…he’d only just gone and refitted the old one again
                All sorted now….

Right ! I best shake a leg and get to the Xmas tree place before it gets busy. Let’s hope they have more choice this time ….
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh Nicos, that made me laugh. It sounds like the sort of thing I'd do.

I've not been out yet as Mr GF decided he'd like another cup of tea and another bun.

I've just sorted another Christmas present online....and realised how addictive ordering from Amazon can be.

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve been in the garden but didn’t do much apart from digging up some parsnips it’s still soggy out there.
                    There was lots of worms on the underside of the compost bin lid I very carefully scooped them all back in.

Comment

• Afternoon All. I've been wrapping presents most of the day. They start out beautifully neat and progress to be wrapped like fish and chips as I get fed up! Good luck finding a tree Nicos. If my son is still not able to climb into the loft on Friday, I doubt there'll be one here and that's not bothering me as much as I thought it might.
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I've had a productive shopping trip. I called at the cheap shop first (used to be the pound shop). I bought a few gift bags of varying sizes. I used to wrap everything so carefully until a few years ago when I realised it was a job I'd come to hate and now all our family use gift bags and tend to recycle them between ourselves over the years. Then a quick trip into Sainsburys. Finally I called round to see an old friend and now back home.

I'm still deciding what decorations I'm going to put up....if any. Definitely no tree, but probably lights.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          The day was beautiful and sunny so got lots done this afternoon in the garden.
                          We have gone sol out this year with our Christmas tree k decorations and lights.
                          Our grandson is now five and is so excited about it all do we thought we would do it for him.
                          What a difference a small child makes at this time of year.

Nicos , hope you got your tree.

I wrap the gifts for the little one but use gift bags and tissue paper for the rest, not my favourite job,

Have a good evening all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

Yippeee…we found our two trees!!!!
                            A larger one for the lounge and a small one for the other living room.
                            Really , really chuffed.
                            We had a look at a few others elsewhere as back up…then ended up at our ‘usual’ place.
                            The guy selling them remembered us ( well…we have been going there for 15 years!) He helped pick out the best ones for each size.
                            So, they are acclimatising to the house temperature and tomorrow they’ll be decorated. Funnily enough they were 15€ cheaper in total than everywhere else we looked.

I was getting to the same stage Flo of thinking that I might not be bothered but for the fact our grown up son is coming over for the
                            week over Xmas and he’s inherited my excitement of the occasion.
                            I absolutely adore your description of wrapping fish’n’chips Flo…I’ve never got the hang of wrapping paper. Also, more often than not my hair - or Hibou’s - is stuck to the scellotape which generally has my fingerprints on it . I’ve watched numerous YouTube videos on wrapping and set off with confidence….but…meh….
                            My friends and family know me well by now - So much so that I don’t even need to label who they are from!

I spotted some red berries nearby a few weeks back so we’ll go and check those out tomorrow- just hoping they weren’t all munched during that cold spell.
                            This year we’re harvesting our home grown ‘snoggy stuff’ ( aka mistletoe) ..it’s growing in one of our very old apple trees. I smeared the berries into a wound about 12 years ago and this year it’s big enough to harvest branches with berries!.So chuffed I had a go at doing that!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening

No tree here as usual just holly, pine cones, and candles on the mantelpiece then felt/knitted decorations hanging from the wall lights it’s festive enough for us.

That’s exciting harvesting your own mistletoe Nicos.

Comment

• Morning all.

Ridiculously blowy outside, but that'll mean clear skies, which mean lots of electricity. Made bread yesterday, so it'll have to be cake. If I get around to it.

The dogs are prodding me, saying it's time for their breakfast, and it is. So I'd better deal with them first.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X