Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Snoop and All It's very dark here, but the wind has dropped, it was a wild one. Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

More rain today so I'll be Card making and baking not sure what else but something always comes up.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        The rain has stopped and the sun is out.
        Yellow wind warning for storm Fergus today.
        Yesterday we went shopping and were trapped in the carpark for the best part of an hour due to storm Elin.
        The wind was blowing stuff from a building site and we had to wait until it was secured
        Off to the church shortly and then we will do some shopping.
        Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
          Wet and windy here - not a gardening sort of day given that the ground is sodden. It’s times like this I really wished we had a greenhouse. But , plenty to do indoors, so no distractions!

Flo, we’re opening the Gardeners Rest a week tomorrow - we’ve decided on a shorter time period this year

Still no Xmas tree…it was far too wet to go to the plant nursery yesterday and choose one to be cut down for us. And yes, they’re closed today

Buns sound lovely Snoop - we’ve nearly run out of festive flapjacks. I made 16 on Friday and there are only 2 left , so perfect timing, thanks!

I’d love to see some of your cards Bren? Have fun making them x
          Enjoy your days peeps….
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Very warm in the kitchen still this morning. I baked the loaves late last night and the last piece of wood to go on to get a bit of heat up was a sizeable lump of olive. Must have been like the tropics in here overnight for the dogs.

The sky is looking blue with a touch of grey. No frost but a fairly heavy dew dripping off the roof everywhere. Lots of little birds squabbling about the place this morning. Surprised not to see the smiles out there with them. Mind you, we've been keeping the bedroom rather cold so far this year and they've been a bit reluctant to get up early. I hope they've been making their usual rounds.

I got the most urgent jobs out of the way yesterday, but, shamefully, I'm still behind with a couple of things. And everybody is back at work now after the public holidays, so I'd better shake a leg.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry day here that does make a change.

Snoop were you tempted to sleep in the kitchen with it being so warm. Nicos I'll have to get around to taking photos next time I make cards, yesterdays are in their envelopes.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What a lovely description Snoop - I almost felt I was shadowing you in a tour of your home

Here, well, it’s grey, damp and chilly. Next door’s roofers are tapping away -some nailing in batons and others are tiling- it’s a real conveyor belt approach. Probably because of the impending rain?

Once our Amazon delivery has arrived ( Wi-Fi extenders) we’re off out . Now that I’ve said that I guess it’ll come at 5pm…..

Enjoy your day peeps …2 weeks to the day, and counting down!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Snoop were you tempted to sleep in the kitchen with it being so warm.
                  I have been known to fall asleep at the keyboard.

But also, when we first arrived, the house was in such a dreadful state of repair that what is now the kitchen was the only habitable room, and even then we had buckets hanging from the ceiling to catch the drips at source (there were so many drips, the floor would have been covered in buckets). So the kitchen was the kitchen, bedroom, living room and even the bathroom (for miners' baths in front of the range). Not sure I'd do it now... Anyway, looks like the kitchen roof (and a wall in the neighbouring haybarn) will mark the end of our structural building works. Next year, maybe. If I'm lucky.

Comment

• Good Morning All Fine here too so washing on. Just had a text from Royal Mail to say a parcel is due to be delivered between 13:43 and 4:26 on Monday 13th February Hope their system is wonky, it's a Christmas present!

Comment

• Good morning all. Dry and sunny here.
                      Domestics this morning and then I am going to our line dance Christmas party.

Flo, zi hope that's just a slip of the finger.

Snoop, The smiles haven't been in this neck of the woods for quite a while, nothing yo smile about here with such dull and miserable weather.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• bramble, I shall relay a message to send a few smiles to your line dance Christmas party. I'll tell them to shake a leg - no idea how they'll actually do it, mind - and hope that contributes to the general jolliness.

Gosh, Flo. That makes no sense at all. Are they time travellers, going back to Monday 13 Feb this year?

Comment

• I wish Snoop! I bought it from an electrical shop because Amazon couldn't deliver until January! I'm worried now because it isn't a cheap item and is for my middle GG. Keep everything crossed and I hope that like Bramble has said, it's the slip of a finger.
                          It is looking like rain now, so the heating is going on and the clothes horse is out of the stable

Comment

• One thing in your favour, Flo: there is no Monday 13 February next year. Monday 12 or Tuesday 13 only.

Comment

• ​Good afternoon dry and sunny here today with a temperature of 5c so able to work outside without a jacket, I now have the lights covering my shrubs and once it's dark I will see if anything needs moved, now waiting on an Amazon delivery, don't want OH to accept it just incase she sees what I have bought​ there is always the chance that she might want me to buy her something.
                              ​ just realised that I have some emojis where I don't want any but can't clear them off the post, so before I mess anything else up I will wish you all a pleasant day

​​​​​​​
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just wondering Flo is there a phone number ?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X