This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, it’s been a horrendous day here weather
    wise. High winds and pouring rain. It’s calmed down now but expected to be back tomorrow.
    Hospital decided I wasn’t well enough to restart treatment so have to wait another week…that will be 7 weeks without. Starting to get a bit anxious but have to take their advice. Had a good day today so hopefully that’s the start of good things…everything crossed.
    Hope you are all well. Catch you later x
    sigpic

Comment

• Big hug, Jay. Got everything crossed for you.

Comment

• Fingers crossed for you Jay xx
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning

Dentist this morning then shopping.

Nicos I saw an advert for the oddest Christmas tree its just the top half with a long trunk its for people with either cats or kids so they can't get hold of the baubles.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Morning all.

I hope things improve for you soon, Jay🤞. I think you're overdue some good luck.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sun is shining brightly and showing up loads of dust! I'm hoping my son is coming today to do one or two little jobs for me. Thinking of you as always Jay. Have a good day All
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Woke up in the night and couldn't get back to sleep so got up, only to fall asleep in the chair. Back to bed and up late this morning. Fortunately, it doesn't happen often to me, more to some of you by the sounds of things and regularly to Mr Snoop.

Decent drop of rain earlier but just starting to brighten up, so the best of both weather worlds.

Have a great day, everyone. Sounds like lots of nice things planned.

Comment

• Jay, thinking of you and wishing you well.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Its bright this morning and dry after two days of rain.
                    Some shopping this morning and a trip to the post office.
                    Lots of errands to keep me going for the day,
                    I may put up the Christmas tree.
                    Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
                      Guess who overslept after being awake half the night
                      So much so I only had time for a quick brew, advent calendar chocolate , and then had to dash out to meet up some friends for a coffee. Well..a couple of hot chocolates actually!
                      Lovely catching up with gossip. Not seen these friends since Covid, so there was a lot of nattering at 90mph
                      So…just had my ‘brunch’ and catching up on here.
                      Jay - thinking of you xx

I’ve decided to put my sewing machine away…Not going to get the top cushion covers completed before Xmas anyway, and the table looks much more inviting/ festive now it’s gone. Quite a relief in reality!

Anyone got exciting plans for the weekend?…I’m hoping to finish putting up the last of the decorations and making a wreath…then the greenery next week. Not long now!!!
                      Right well, it’s a nice sunny day out there here- sorry if I’m hogging the sunshine. At least the moulting chooks are happier!

Enjoy your day peeps…
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I’ve been fancying Crème caramel or something similar for a few days now. Something custardy.
                        Got out my file of favourite recipes- checked all the ingredients, then something caught my eye…

So I’ve now got festive flapjacks in the oven !
                        Basically all butter flapjacks but with Clementine zest and a heaped tablespoon of mincemeat stirred in.

I guess I can always pour cold custard over them

And yes, the whole house smells delightful. So much so, I am now tempted to make some mulled wine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                          ...Nicos I saw an advert for the oddest Christmas tree its just the top half with a long trunk its for people with either cats or kids so they can't get hold of the baubles.
                          Love that! However, it won't work - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_v4m72NTApE - cat number 4 is why (I love cat number 2's effort!)

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• ^^^^ so funny!
                            What is it with Xmas trees
                            One year a previous cat of ours decided to pee on all the gifts under the tree on Xmas Eve night He’d never peed anywhere indoors ever apart from his litter tray.

Comment

• Morning

Loved that thanks MH how can cats looks so innocent after causing all that mess. We stopped buying real trees after our Fox terrier would run in cock his leg then run and hide in his basket.

Comment

• Loved that video, mothhawk. Thanks. Gave me a right good smile on this dull, chilly morning (though it'll brighten up a bit later, if we're lucky). Mr Snoop especially liked cat number 4.

Very odd behaviour, your cat, Nicos. Were some of the gifts from people who had a cat, so your cat was marking his territory to deter the potential invader?

On the cards for today, mucho worko and then off out to our village's Christmas and Olive Oil Fair. Most years, we buy olive oil at the fair, but I doubt many people will be doing that this year given the price. Ten euros and more a litre currently. The so-called Mediterranean diet will be taking a nose dive at this rate. I bought some cans of confit de canard recently. The fat in the cans is probably worth as much as the duck these days!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X