X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nick the grief View Post

Our local Aldi sells them
    I spotted them yesterday when I was buying ice cream.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

A lovely start to the day with the sun breaking through a beautiful white mist…the sort which mostly hugs the ground.
      We had more heavy rain overnight so no watering needed again - just the pots and tubs.

Quick grory hop this morning then I hope to be gardening all day.

Whats every one else up to this weekend? There’s a vide grenier I’m thinking of visiting tomorrow- they sell lovely sausage on baguettes…with frites….
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning.

It was a sticky night last night but is only 17°C this morning, cloudy and breezy. Evidently an 80% chance of rain by lunchtime. I presume yesterday was what passes for "Summer" these days.

My sister had told me that she couldn't get any of the chalkboard jar labels in her local pound shop so I visited my local one yesterday and stuck her ten packs in an envelope and posted it.

Comment

• Morning

Thundery showers here from lunchtime so I'd best make the most of the morning. I've not been over to our Pound shop yet GF I'll have a stroll there later, there's a couple if other things I want to pick up

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good Morning All Cloudy here. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
              We have sunshine but it's very breezy.
              Just back from the grory hop.
              All the greenhouse watered so off out for a walk to the library,
              Hopefully it will be a gardening afternoon.
              Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

More wildlife news. Mr Snoop and I have spotted quite a lot of animal droppings about that we've not been able to identify. Neighbour up the valley spotted the culprit at the top of our drive: a mountain ibex, known locally as a cabra or goat. There's a sizeable population in the mountains about 30 miles or so from us, but they've never been seen here (lots of very busy roads to negotiate). Apparently the mountain rivers are running dry now, so presumably they're on the move. The droppings are full of undigested juniper berries, but if we're lucky it will also be eating brush. If the population were to grow, they'd actually help in reducing fire risk. Unfortunately, they can be hunted, so probably best if we don't tell anyone of its presence. But, with big prey will come big predators. So back to worrying more about wolves than tarantulas! More info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeastern_Spanish_ibex

Last night's fiesta do was a total success. I thought it might be a disaster, just ten people or so cooking tapas for 400 people, but it was excellent. And I've discovered a new source of really good sausages and the like. So excellent news.

Got friends coming for supper tonight, so better get a move on and at least make pudding in advance.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Mr GF is now VERY happy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230812_122130.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	2566941
                  He talked me into calling onto Farmfoods again, only a quarter of a mile away, to see if they had restocked on "his" lollies. Yes, they'd restocked and still £1.29 for a box of six! 29 of them are now in the freezer, he ate the other one on the way home.

Comment

• Nice find there gf.
                    I actually spotted a box of full sized ones in Carrefour this morning, then suddenly realised I have two boxes of mini magnums, one box of rary’s Lidl ones and a box of large raspberry ones, plus a couple of boxes of mini Hagen Daas . I think we need to tuck in, it’s just not really felt much like ice cream weather recently. So fingers crossed they still sell them when I have more space in the freezers!
                    Thats a bonkers price for yours though…well spotted!

Comment

• I’m now sat here munching my way through my first double raspberry magnum!
                      Yummy!…I’ll be buying those again for sure Thanks for the heads up peeps

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        I’m now sat here munching my way through my first double raspberry magnum!
                        Yummy!…I’ll be buying those again for sure Thanks for the heads up peeps
                        My favourite Don't look at the calories Nicos
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

What are calories??🤯🤯 Are they something to worry about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post

Oh dear …. OK then, I promise I won’t
                            most things I enjoy have an extra two zeros on the end… funnily enough that also happens when I see something I’d like to buy

Comment

• GF you can’t not buy them at that price.

Comment

• Evening All... Today I've been Woofler sitting as Mrs G and Miss G have both been at work. We had a great time ! We had a brief shower here Bren In Pots but no Thunder storms ... you're the wrong side of the warwikshire border

all of you lot eating Icecreams isn't doing anything for my Diabetes - I had to have a blueberry muffin still, Portion of fruit!!

tomorrow is more of the same I think till lunch time then I've got to cook dinner for us all. Gus the grief will be having Ouef a la Petit Chien food (Scrambled egg and kibble) and we've got good old Bangers and Mash with our local butchers award winning bangers - comfort food as we need it
                                ntg
                                Never be afraid to try something new.
                                Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
                                A large group of professionals built the Titanic
                                ==================================================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X