Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been known to order bangers and mash in posh restaurants much to the disgust of my fellow diners
    Last edited by Florence Fennel; 12-08-2023, 04:45 PM.
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      I've been known to order bangers and mash in posh restaurants much to the disgust of my fellow diners
      Oh dear, some folk just have no taste!

Comment

• Good evening, not long back home from a holiday in the Lake District, a nice relaxing week, we intended doing a sail on the lake but as ques were quite long and OH would have been unable to a/walk from the car park and b/stand any length of time we decided to put it off until the next time we are down there, by then OH will, hopefully, have had her hip replaced, and possibly I will have had my carple tunnel syndrome sorted, reading that I would say, if I didn't know better, we were getting old but let's face it age is just a number, and yes I know some of you ladies have some high numbers but don't let it get you down, I am quite sure there are some people in their late seventies still enjoying their garden, so us young folk can do the same. Have a good evening and think of something nice to smile about. Goodnight ​​​​​​
        Ps. I will try and do some catch-up to see what I have missed
        Last edited by rary; 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening

Welcome back Rary we’ve been mostly chatting about puppies, cake/pastries and ice cream.
          nick the grief our thunder never arrived but we did have plenty of rain for most of the day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Welcome back Rary!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lovely to see you back Rary.
              Glad you enjoyed your holiday.
              Passing on a smile to you.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                Another sunny start to the day after a cloudy night.

Mrs Mop day but hoping to grab a couple of hours either for the local vide grenier or…which is more interesting , a medieval fair in and around the castle where William the Conqueror was born. People dress up. And you can try your hand at axe throwing, stamping coins, sampling authentic food following original recipients of the time ( for the wealthy of course!) More my choice but I don’t think my window of free time will be long enough. We’ll see.

Speaking of earlier times, I spotted a lady in YouTube who makes string/ cords from natural materials like nettle, brambles, even rhubarb!…so I’ve saved the outer strings of the rhubarb I picked yesterday and I’m going to have a go. Looks fiddly but I quite like connecting to the earth and if successful will make some simple Xmas decorations with the string. Well….that’s the plan….​​​​​​….probably come out looking like some Blue Peter project….just need the sticky back plastic and bottle tops…oh and coat hangers!…can’t think what else they used to use….a grown up apparently too…. Did anyone ever meet a Blue Peter Badge holder?…I always wished I’d somehow earned one.

And on that thought…..…enjoy your day peeps.

Comment

• Good morning.

Very cloudy here but no rain forecast. Flo, I've just read yesterdays's posts and the my comment about bangers and mash didn't come out sounding like I meant it to....Sorry. I meant that A: Why is it anybody's business what you order and B: really nice bangers and mash can be truly gorgeous.

Predictive text kept insisting anybody's was antibodies!

Comment

• Good Morning All No worries GF I knew what you meant Sunny here. We're out for lunch today for the youngest GG. Have a lovely Sunday
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

I agree GF its all in the Sausages I do miss our local butcher they made their own sausages and we've never found any a to compare to theirs.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• French sausages are delish. They don’t add any cereal….has anyone ever tried making their own? I’m sure someone on here years ago used to?

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Bright and sunny with a strong breeze.
                          No plans for the day,
                          Off to the church shortly.

Nicos, that sounds interesting using up the rhubarb skins.
                          Maybe a pic when you've done it .
                          I would be interested.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

That's a lot of lollies, Nicos. I can proudly say we have not a one in the house. Though I did discover Mr Snoop's hoard of own-brand cornettos in the house in the village. Where once there were four, now there are two (I said he could have one too).

I gave the fiesta sausages such a good write-up that our friend up the valley is off to buy some today (shops will be open in the morning during fiesta season). He's making sausage sauce for pasta. Which, given that he is pretty well a vegetarian is some going. Hope they're as good today as they were at the tapas event, so it's worth his while.

Got a bit of paid work to do this afternoon, followed by the presentation of the fiesta queens and ladies in waiting. And in the meantime, watering some fruit trees from our rain-harvested water. The trees were really flagging and there's still no sign of rain on the horizon.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• This is her link bramble….
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...hxQsEMrM&t=156
                              well…after the advert

Looks dead easy but I struggled twisting simple raffia so the rhubarb is going to be a laugh
                              The skins are drying now - already too much flesh behind some of them…
                              Last edited by Nicos; 13-08-2023, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• I've just remembered that one of my grandmothers used to get the most wonderful tomato sausage off her butcher back in the 60s and sometimes she'd make me tomato sausage sandwich on a fresh bread cake with some of her homemade piccalilli.....heaven. I do like some German and French sausages but my all time favourite is Buttifarrones de Mallorca, the picante (spicy) ones.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X