• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Have a lovely Sunday
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Cloudy, breezy and distinctly cool! A slight bit of drizzle in the night. Not enough to wet the ground for anything other than a few minutes, but it all helps to cool the building down. Might even have to put some long trousers on!

Great pile of stuff to get through. And still got bread to make. So on with the show...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a dry day here, slow cookers on and raspberries picked and I'll be back in the garden later. I'm in shorts Snoop they're so comfy like I've said lots of times they're no different from wearing a skirt, so i'll be wearing them until it get too cold.

enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Dull, wet , miserable and cold as well.
          No plans for the day, just off to the church and then grandson will come for lunch.
          Hoping the weather might be better by the afternoon.
          Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
            We have a mixture of sudden heavy showers followed by sun which should help the plants! It’s certainly refreshingly cooler!

I had a crazily busy day yesterday - including making 6 pots of jam using up bits and pieces of frozen and fresh fruit. Not sure what to label it tbh!
            Any suggestions?
            …raspberries…blackcurrants…plums…blackberry juice…and apple juice left over from stewing some apples.
            ’pick n’mix’?
            It certainly tastes and smells very rich and fruity!

I’m trying to avoid doing more ironing…I’ve even started sorting things to take back on our next uk trip in October!!!

Enjoy your day peeps. Remember to do something mischievous
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Isn't jam like that (maybe without the apples) called something like 'fruits of the forest' in shops, Nicos? Me, I quite like the idea of 'summer jam', like 'summer pudding'.

Comment

• Good afternoon.

The sun kept popping in and out earlier and the weather forecast was good so I decided to strip the bed. The washer has now finished but..... it is pouring with rain and the forecast has suddenly changed to rain for the next few hours. At least I hadn't already got it hung out.

Nicos, I'd call the jam either "Summer mix" or "Summer fruit" or "Sunshine mix", something reminiscent of warm summer days.....Mmmm......🌧🌪🌫 or maybe not.

I think I'll go and zap some pastry ready to make some quiche and watch the rain bouncing.

Or maybe "Summer Delights jam", Nicos
                Last edited by greenishfing; 27-08-2023, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• ^^^^ you forgot the hailstones gf!

Comment

• Afternoon

I like the sound so Summer delights Jam it’s like sunshine in a jar.
                    Not achieved much apart from removing my 2 Mini bell. toms that have finished from the GF then knitting a dishcloth.
                    Time for afternoon tea and a piece of carrot cake

Comment

• Afternoon all. It's been dry here all day, but definitely cooler.

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      ...I'm in shorts Snoop they're so comfy like I've said lots of times they're no different from wearing a skirt, so i'll be wearing them until it get too cold...
                      I've always worn long trousers (chinos) winter and summer, but this year I bought some chino shorts, and I have to agree, Bren, shorts are so comfy. I may wear them all year round (but perhaps only inside the house come winter ).The postman wears them year round and his knees don't freeze, so the trick must be to keep your top half well warm.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I've been hiding from the football in my Escape Room (what used to be my home office), with Radio 4 and a jigsaw. It's quite cold this afternoon and very grey. Cup of tea time now

Comment

• I wear denim shorts most days now. They're pairs of cut off jeans and very comfy, but too cold for them today, so I've resorted to trousers. Actually I'm looking forward to my PJs!

Comment

• MH our posties also wear shorts all year round, I figure wet trousers make you feel colder than when you have wet legs wearing shorts.
                            I seem to go straight from wearing shorts to my lined walking trousers.
                            Like the sound of your escape room Flo

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                              We’ve decided to go out in the camper just for the day and of course it’s started raining …no bother - we’ll take our books . Its a new location in a wood next to a lake. Perfect!

I’m not a shorts kind of lass- more of a peddle pusher lass.
                              Talking of PJs Flo….I actually took my hot water bottle to bed the other night

Enjoy your day peeps . See ya later!
                              Last edited by Nicos; 28-08-2023, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• Morning

Enjoy your outing Nicos, oddly for a Bank holiday there's no rain here today thats if the weather sites are correct. Nothing wrong with putting your Pj's on early Flo especially when it gets cooler later in the afternoon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X