Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rary, thinking on you getting short end of the stick regarding the bed clothes.
    Perhaps a sleeping bag is the answer. 😃😃

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
      rain here too on and off all night.
      Last night was the first time most of the more mature seedlings were out all night.

Lack of duvet Rary is a darned good excuse to shuffle over to your OHs side of the bed and hugging up for warmth! Stop complaining and make the most of your opportunity!

Yikes that was expensive bramble!…OH went to buy a new thermostat for one of our showers only to find out that for an extra 10€ he could replace the whole of the mixer tap. There’s something wrong about that isn’t there? It encourages people to throw away perfectly good parts . ‘The disposable Society’ ….we’re just encouraging yet more pollution

Nice recipe there gf…we’re planting more cucumber plants this year so that will come in very handy! Thanks for that.

Domestics, ironing and more planting out for me today. That should keep me out of mischief!
      Enjoy your day peeps.
      Last edited by Nicos; 05-05-2023, 09:46 AM.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, I like some of the suggestions that are coming my way re getting a share of the bed covers, I do like the idea of using a sleeping bag as the one I have is a mummy type, In otherwords this type of shape V wide at the top but tapering at the feet, I would need to decide who would be on top and who would be on the bottom resting theirself on the bed, 🤔 Very cloudy this morning, with rain forecasted, so decided to give the car a wash before any rain started, washed and polished the car, washed down the conservatory then hosed down the solar panels, then the sun came out and it has finished up warm and sunny, we went over to a new place that has been built on the grounds of the old steelworks, where we had lunch, it was nice and also a reasonable price, but looking round the ground now there is no sign of the steelworks nor the original iron works, 150 years of industry wiped out, I am in favour of creating places for the community but think we need to keep our history, but sadly that's the same everywhere in Scotland, heritage destroyed.I will move on that's possibly sounding too political
        Anyway once back home I was out in the garden for a time and as I am struggling for space I decided to get some cabbage plants in the ground, then I planted out some chrysants, the plants have been sitting out uncovered for the past fortnight, so should be hardened off though I will be monitoring the overnight temperatures, I have both fleece and enviromesh to provide protection if required I also have a large sheet of clear polythene if a very cold spell is forcasted, just thinking as I put this down, I will make up a cover that I can use if/when required, so that my job for tonight and tomorrow, hopefully it stays dry tomorrow as there is a lot of work I want done, after planting out I had to go and collect one of the grandsons who was returning from overnight camping and then a 15 mile hike as there is a grouped from school doing their Duke of Edinburghs challenge and this was a practice for that, he is now home feeling tired and sore, I told him he was very lucky as I remember camping out on the 6th. of May and I had to break the ice in the morning to get washed, memorable times but doubt if I would do it now, off now to make the tea so enjoy your weekend
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Gosh Rary - that brings back memories!..I got as far as silver Dof E award and then they closed the premises so we couldn’t do the gold locally.
          Funnily enough that’s where I first met my OH!
          Many years later , that’s where my daughter met her OH.
          Bit of a dating agency eh?

I love all the projects you have on the go rary. It’s inspirational when I’m feeling lazy

Comment

• Morning

It was 10c in my GH overnight I'd have left the toms, cucs and courgettes in there if I'd believed the forecast. No plans today just a few bits to take to the charity shop then the days mine.

Enjoy your day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Looks like we had loads of sploshy stuff during the night ( sorry Snoop )
              I got the window boxes planted up with the geraniums yesterday , so I’m watching the overnight temperatures like a hawk too Bren.
              My apple trees are now in full blossom, so ,if we have a few more warmer nights we’ll be having an apple glut this year. Well, that’s if I’ve not just gone and jinxed it

A bit more ironing for me - then, domestics if it rains, or gardening if it doesn’t.

I need to do more charity sorting too Bren, although my OH has suggested we should have a stall on a vide grenier so should hang onto it. It’s all decent stuff so it should sell - particularly at giveaway prices

Comment

• Good Morning All Sun and warmth here too. No plans, just another day to go with the Flo
                Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

No sploshy stuff here. Obvs. But Mr Snoop is trying to improve my mood by suggesting we draw some water up from the well later on today. There's not much in there, but at least we could give the fruit trees a good drink and see what the surplus is.

Other than that, a trip into the village to do a bit of shopping. Plus a bit more kitchen clearance, paid work and weeding. That and frighten the boar off. It's mooching around like it owns the joint now. Not at all bothered by the dogs. Ran off when Mr Snoop went up to it waving a long length of plastic pipe. It's going to be easy game for hunters next season if we don't manage to deter it properly. Also, we usually leave all the doors open at night to cool the building down when daytime temperatures are this high, and now we daren't do it in case it comes in downstairs and then runs rampage round the basement if it feels cornered by us upstairs.

Right, Mr Snoop back from walking the dogs so I'd better get my town clothes on and get going.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Don’t forget to put your pearls on Snoop!…you scrub up well lass!

Comment

• Ha ha ha!…I’ve just read that it’s Naked Gardening Day today

Not here it won’t be

Comment

• Good morning.

What a thunderstorm we had yesterday afternoon. It sounded as if it was right overhead and was accompanied by really heavy bouncing rain and hail stones. One of Mr GF's ancient friends (age 97) had just arrived on his mobility scooter. He was stranded here for a couple of hours.

I did make the bread and butter pickle. I just have to wait for a month before I can eat it now.

We've got the coronation on TV at the moment which has inspired me to think about making some variation on coronation chicken tomorrow. Not being a fan of broad beans or spinach I'll give the coronation quiche a miss though.

Comment

• Good afternoon, been out in the garden and I have planted out some climbing plants, I also moved a clump of chives as I intend using the area that they occupied as part of a bean trench and as beans don't do well beside onions I will clean quite a bit of soil away and put fresh soil in, I also started to make a cover for the greenhouse doorway with some enviromesh, as I need something at the door to stop cats getting in, but unfortunately rain stopped play, but I think it's stopping now so might get out and finish it. Enjoy your day and smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon

I’ve also spent the afternoon in the garden Rary last of in the GH out of the rain doing some potting on.
                            I net my GH door to stop birds coming in, once inside they panic and I end up with seedlings and plants bashed around.
                            It’s a bit of a bind opening it but it keeps the birds safe.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,
                              It's a beautiful sunny day here.
                              Tomatoes and peppers are out in the greenhouse and I might leave them overnight.

Spent the morni g watching the coronation, what pageantry...
                              It all went off so well, shame about the wet morning.

Have a good afternoon all and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                                Afternoon
                                I’ve also spent the afternoon in the garden Rary last of in the GH out of the rain doing some potting on.
                                I net my GH door to stop birds coming in, once inside they panic and I end up with seedlings and plants bashed around.
                                It’s a bit of a bind opening it but it keeps the birds safe.
                                When we had a greenhouse we made a frame to fit just inside the doorframe and netted that with chicken wire.Very quick and easy to remove and replace. The good thing about chicken wire was that it would be neigh on impossible for wildlife to get entangled in it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X