This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Very blowy today. And last night. Tremendous wind that had the dogs barking for hours. Our bedroom temperature dropped ten degrees overnight. Would have slept really well were it not for the dogs. Alright for them, they can sleep all day. I nearly put on track suit bottoms instead of my shorts this morning, but am holding off. Mr Snoop is back in long trousers.

Had a very productive day yesterday. Fingers crossed I have another one today. Already thinking about a day out towards the end of the week. Hope you have a good day out, Nicos.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

There's something wrong with the weather here. It's Bank Holiday and the sun is shining brightly.......so far.

Mr GF seems to have moved on to Winter wear already. Fleecy clothes, and he talked me into putting a warmer duvet on the bed when I changed it yesterday. I think the fan has only come out of hiding twice to cool us down this Summer. I don't imagine many will have been sold this year.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny but very breezy here. I'm hoping to get a bit of gardening done today, the grass is being mown tomorrow. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          The temp is just 13 degs this morning.
          Its sunny one minute and hazy rain the next, hopefully it improves.

Nicos, that sounds like a lovely way to spend the day, enjoy it.

We are still wearing shorts here, I wont give in, it's still only August.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, have been busy pressure washing the drive this morning, I have got the washing done and now having a lunch break before heading up to the builders merchants for some dry sand, was busy all day yesterday, preparing the first reduced raised bed, I had quite a bit of work to do, as there were about 10 logs that had to be sawn through to clear the path area, though most of the logs were 6" or below there was a couple 10 or 12 inches thick and sawing through those really knackered me, that's why today I decided to take a break and do the washing but now 5he sun's coming out l, so once I get the sand in I will get some more work done on the next bed.
            I have just realised that OH paid one of the grandsons for washing our patio a couple of months ago, I wonder what she will pay me, especially as my area is a lot larger, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it, right off te builders merchants, enjoy your day and smile ​​​​​
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening, it’s been a good day, not too hot or windy with no rain.

enjoy your evening.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• We had a nice day after an iffy start.
                Got quite a bit done in the garden.
                My daughter called on her way home from work.
                Thrn my son, his wife and grandson also called.
                Only starting dinner now.
                Have a good night.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, just heading up to my sons to get the boys out to school, then after that OH wants to do a shopping, hopefully it will stay dry so that I can get into the garden after that, it's dry just now but OH says it was raining quite heavily at 4 when she had to get up, we will probably get rain as its a watery looking sun, enjoy the day and smile

​​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                    We have a calm,sunny but slightly chill start to the day here Rary.
                    Having had a day out yesterday it’s going to have to be a bit of a catch up day domestically. We’ve loads of windfall apples to sort out and a load of ripe plums to do something with….again!. Mustn’t complain about the plum glut as we’ve hardly had any for 6 years.

Yesterday the place we went to was amazing.
                    It was a fishing lake surrounded by bog land and an old woodland. The circular walk was delightful….chainsaw art, explanations of interesting wildlife and ID of trees, peat bog wooden walkways, and loads of benches to either fish from or just sit and observe. There was a warning sign for the fishermen saying they would incur a 22,500€ fine for taking live carp over 60cm long . Can you imagine even seeing one that big?…we saw loads of fish catching flies on the surface, but I’ve no idea how big they would be. And the nice thing was that, apart from peeps fishing, there weren’t many people around.
                    I’ll try and post some pictures but my internet is extremely slow at the moment.

Enjoy your day peeps….
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	af35ec09-2129-4fc8-a064-e08f4a09f3fc.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	361.6 KB
ID:	2567765 Click image for larger version

Name:	1a74a61a-ba9e-4247-b838-e392252daf21.jpeg
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	2567764 Click image for larger version

Name:	8665f5f3-07dc-4419-9572-d38c83d9d0f1.jpeg
Views:	103
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	2567763 Click image for larger version

Name:	35c8c7d6-875e-49ea-8d48-e05b43e3799c.jpeg
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	2567762
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

That sounds like my sort of place Nicos thanks for posting the photos. When we go to Woodland festivals I can sit hours watching chainsaw art being made.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sounds like a lovely spot, Nicos. Lovely photos. Brought back memories of a fantastic weekend we once had in Grizedale Forest with a friend. Chainsaw art must be spectacular to watch being made, Bren.

Another blowy day today. Definitely autumnal. Big rain coming at the weekend if the forecasts are to be believed. 85 litres/8.5 cm over three days. Fingers crossed. That's more than twice the amount of rain we've had since November last year. Hope it's not too late for some of the plantlife.

A few days back, there was gunfire up the valley. We've not seen the boar since. Mr Snoop quite upset. Me, I'm thinking it might be worth trying to reinstate my bit of veg patch down in the fields. That is if the JCB man comes down to remove the boulders scattered across it after the storm last year. I went down the other day with someone who wanted to take photos of storm damage for the authorities. Very sad to see the state it's in after all the work I and especially Mr Snoop put in last year.

Right, on with the show. Had a very productive day again yesterday. Here's to another one today with any luck. Mind you, I think I'm busy but you, Rary, you manage to pack in an awful lot in one day.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All That looks idyllic Nicos Another dull start here. Have a good day
                            Last edited by Florence Fennel; 29-08-2023, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all.

A grey and murky start. I must admit that I flicked the central heating on early this morning. Is it really August?

Grory hop today. We've even nearly run out of milk, practically unheard of.

Nicos, that is my kind of art. It looks as if it was made with love and it belongs there. I'm not the sort of person who would ever choose to visit an art gallery or even worse local sculpture park (scrap yard?)

If the rain holds off maybe some blackberry picking this afternoon.

Comment

• I'm whacked and I've only been clearing apples and pruning! I could do with some of whatever rary's on

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X