Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Grory hop being delivered in a minute so catch you later. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all. Its sunny here but not as hot as yesterday,
      Laundry is out and drying nicely in the breeze.

Yes Rary, get in touch with the hospital and give them a nudge, it might help.

Snoop, I think you're doing the right thing, you need to feel safe when you go out and about.

Not a lot on the cards today, A visit to the post office and a walk.
      Maybe BlackBerry picking in the afternoon.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• It's too hot! I still don't know how you manage Snoop. Years ago I would have been lounging in the sun, but not these days. I've been hiding upstairs again and it's mild by your standards at a balmy (or should that be barmy?) 28.

Comment

• Hot but at least the sun has gone out for a bit! We will be back to moaning about the rotten weather soon!
          Hope you’ve all had a great day.
          Great news bramble, hope you’ve got over the trauma! x
          sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, was at the church coffee morning then once we were back home as it was warm and sunny I decided to get the continental quilts washed and hung out, I had two dried and back in but left the biggest one for a bit longer, was making the tea when I noticed that it was raining, fortunately not that heavy and didn't last long, but brought the quilt in any way, I will get it back out tomorrow, while doing the washing I managed to aquire 7 3x2 concrete slabs, I have a couple now in place, but I still have to cut through the raised bed and that is getting quite difficult, as there seems to be more wood needing sawn through and sadly it's two cuts per branch, however I will get it done, hopefully by next week and once that is finished I will clear out the raised bed in the greenhouse, we'll it's either that or housework, now that's a tricky one, deciding which one I would rather do🤔 I think some of you will know the answer ​​​​​​, I now wish you all a very goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, after a very warm night it’s starting dull and 16°, sun is due out later and it’s forecast to be 26°. Strange sitting in the heat with the trees changing colour. The Virginia creeper is already red.
              Anyhoo, hope you have a great day, take a leaf out of my book and don’t do too much! x
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning

A bit of gardening today just taking out sweet peas, bolted plants and weeding, then the usual harvesting.

enjoy your day.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

I'm going to continue what I started yesterday, which is to reduce the amount of inventory (i.e. stuff) in the kitchen cupboards. It's hard to throw away items that I may use in the future, but actually haven't used for years. For instance, I have a small cake turntable that was bought when I was at school, for goodness sake, circa 1969. I used it then for icing the Christmas cake made in housecraft lessons and It's never been out of the box since.

I've thinned out my odds and ends drawer, but mostly, I now realise, by moving the stuff to another drawer . I've thrown out an old big saucepan I don't use - had to grit my teeth to do it, but kept the double boiler that is only used for bread sauce at christmas.

My idea is to try and make space enough in cupboards so I can put stuff that sits on the counter tops in there, things like the breadboard, 2 teapots, the toaster. Yes I use them every day, but they don't need to live on the worktop.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Cool but bright so far today. We reached a high of 30 ºC in the shade yesterday. So not too bad, even by your standards Florence Fennel. Mind you, I'm working indoors in the shade. Mr Snoop is still trying to get stuff done outdoors. It's amazing to think that in just five or six weeks we could be into frost temperatures overnight (though still warm days) and most years, in about three weeks, we'd be lighting the range for an hour or so of an evening and the tomato plants would be collapsing due to the cold! The low last night was 14 ºC, so temps are dropping at night.

On the cards for today, a bit of work now and then a grory shop with lunch out and a visit to a nursery to buy plug plants. Very late but nothing ventured, nothing gained. We'll likely get brassicas to harvest in the spring, and that's better than nothing.

Good luck with the cupboards, mothhawk. Sure as eggs are eggs, I'd leave a teapot out and probably the toaster. Mind you, putting it away would reduce the temptation to make toast!

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning.

Another humid night here, and a hot day forecast.

Mothawk I would love to have a neat kitchen with empty worktops but it will just never happen realistically. If I had to get heavy things out of the cupboards they would just stay there for all eternity. Permanently on my worktops are: Steam generator (although it only gets used once a blue moon) it's too bulky and heavy to shift around, food processor (used most days) Kenwood mixer (too heavy to move used maybe weekly), breadmaker (lots of use), little deep fat fryer (not been used for months and months) , kettle, toaster, microwave, bread bin and bread board. You have now inspired me to get rid of the deep fat fryer. At times in the past I have got rid of the juicer (I didn't use because it was such a pain to clean) and the ice cream maker (only used rarely). I do have an overflow cupboard (the old airing cupboard) of kitchen equipment where things I maybe only use a few times a year live such as the jam pan, pasta roller, big pan and steamer and whatever is hiding at the back. And then should I even mention the boxes of jam jars etc in another cupboard although I am happy to say that they are all de-labelled, clean and ready for use. I am also another collector of old baking trays, loaf tins, bun tins etc. Writing all this down has made me realise that I really ought to have a clear out one day.

Yesterday was pleasant. We visited my sister but didn't stop for an ice cream on the way home as we were stuffed with birthday cake.

I think I'll go out soon before it gets too hot. 🥵

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Warm but dull here. Have a good day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                          Yesterday was horribly hot- high 30s is not a place to be.
                          We did manage a couple of hours gardening before brunch but then just sat and read under the magnolia tree for the rest of the day.
                          Last night was a tad cooler which was a relief.
                          As you say Jay - very strange listening to the Perry pears and leaves falling during what in effect is a very hot summers day.

I sorted out my kitchen 7 years ago when we fitted a new one. Most of the unused items went into boxes in the barn! Things disappear in there…..

I do have a lazy Susan in my fridge - it’s absolutely brill. No more shuffling around half opened jars to reach something at the back! Is the cake thingy low enough to try using it in there MH?

We have a Mrs Mop day today/ tomorrow so we’ll take it slowly in this heat.
                          Best get on with it then…

Enjoy your day peeps- almost weekend!
                          Oh- and Snoop- the smiles dropped in a short while ago for a quick refeshing drink and have now set off on route….
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all Its another lovely sunny day.
                            Laundry is out and drying.
                            The greenhouse is watered and the garden is still full of colour.
                            We have to go out this afternoon but otherwise the day is ours.

There is not a lot on my work tops, microwave, kettle and airier.
                            Everything else is stored in a deep cupboard and a revolving shelf under the stairs on the kitchen side.

Have a good day whatever you're doing and dont forget the suncream.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• MH I use my double boiler to cook oatmeal /porridge it doesn’t stick and only needs stirring a couple of times. It’s handy for custard as well.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• While I was out I decided to call in at a clothes shop that I know my sister in law used to use to see if I could find a nightdress for her for her birthday. .... they don't sell them any more! However they did have a sale on and three much reduced Summer tops for me somehow got into my bag. 🤫

On my way there I drove past the hospice warehouse and noted that they are taking donations again for their shops. I have now been on their website to see what exactly they take. I really MUST have a clear out. I no longer however throw out clothes that I like, but don't fit, as if I do I can practically guarantee that six months later I will be "that size". There are however in my wardrobe some evening dresses from formal nights on cruises that I will never have the figure to wear again. They should find a new home. I am going to be ruthless! The hospice shop also accepts homeware and working electrical.....in fact when the warehouse also had a big shop inside I bought some cookware there including a large steamer and a long defunct breadmaker. I have always been a fan of charity shops, second hand shops, car boot sales and even what were known as jumble sales when I was a small child. I used to buy books ...and more books at them then (much to my mother's annoyance). Looking back it was probably just as well that nobody policed what I read!

Hot now! I'll make a sandwich for lunch as the breadmaker cooked me a nice loaf overnight.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X