Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oat ,sheep and goat milks are alternatives I am happy to use…the others I can very much do without.

A vegan friend pointed to something on the shelf and recommended it in place of dairy cream …I didn’t really clock it cos I’d never give up good quality butter and cream….unless I’d had severe health problems….I’d rather give up red meat and chocolate first!

I’ll have a look on the shelf next time I go in there- she said in coffee you’d think it was real milk.

We have a gloriously sunny day. Bitter winds though.

Cor blimey ..this time next week we’ll be stuffing our faces with mince pies and turkey and Xmas pudding
    Well, not all at the same time obviously!
    Last edited by Nicos; 18-12-2021, 11:03 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.
      Drab here too, Bren, but at least yesterday's fogginess has gone.

I'm making lemon curd for gifts today and printing off some labels for the jars.

I've never found the full moon stops me sleeping, I love its light. I'm always asleep 5 minutes after my head hits the pillow. I put it down to half an hour reading a book in bed before sleep, a habit I've never been able to break since reading under the covers with a torch as a child

Rary, hope you checked carefully the depth of the new mattress. I got a new 12" deep one for my mum thinking it would be more comfortable for her, and it is, but sitting on the edge, her feet don't touch the ground so now she has a shallow step to help her in and out of bed. I have to say, when she tried it out at the store, her feet touched the ground OK so I think that hundreds of people trying it out had depressed the edges.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Nicos, I would never give up milk for oat or soya subs. The list of ingredients they contain is so long. Likewise butter. And I always try to buy organic too, as I don't want routine antibiotics etc in my milk and butter.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• I aim for organic too MH - as much as possible.
          I’d rather eat less of something naturally more healthy ( cost and flavour related too) but as with most things in life I do make exceptions.

During my quick gropy hop/ trolly dashes when we were in the uk I noticed in the 3 stores I went into that the organic things tended to be mixed in wit( non organic and they took some hunting out.
          Here , the organic sections are separate…and I buy what I need from those then get the rest from the rest of the supermarket.
          The organic shop always seems so busy but I do try to stock up from there too if their car park looks quiet.
          Last edited by Nicos; 18-12-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Afternoon

Mothhawk our mist turned into fog again
            Not that I've been far today I've had PC problems again MrPots formatted then re-installed Windows so I'm glad I've got my kindle and iPhone as back-up

One thing I noticed when we went for a deeper mattress the fitted sheets were to small so the bed looked a bit odd till we went shopping.

​​​​​
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I found some extra deep cotton fitted sheets in Dunelm. Very happy with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                Morning
                I'm not a fan of soya milk either Snoop one time a bought soya yoghurt by mistake never again. Not tried oat milk I've read you can make your own so I might look into that.
                Wondering how you milk oats​​​​​​
                Last edited by Mr Bones; 19-12-2021, 08:40 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Thanks for kind thoughts for OH, as for the depth of mattress our original mattress was 30cm deep, the reason for changing it was due to it getting to be a bit heavy for me to turn, it was a great mattress but no handles, so gave it to our daughter, the first replacement was too soft, which I think started off OHs problems, though felt OK in the shop, our granddaughter now has that one, the one we have is an orthopaedic mattress but I don't like it, so that's going back, or will be given away, but just thinking on mothhawks comment about the hight, I have just remembered that I had fitted wheels to the legs of the bed to give it a bit of hight, as I find it easier to stand upright with a bit of a start​​​​.
                  Not much done today as had to do a shopping first, and once back home had to make lunch was going to go out to the garden when our daughter phoned to ask me to do some shopping for her, once back home, again was getting ready to go out to the garden when we got a visitor, so hopefully will get some gardening done tomorrow, just received a phone call from daughter saying they have to isolate till midnight Christmas day, so our Christmas Dinner will be on boxing day. We'll take care, keep safe and smile Goodnight

​​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary - had you thought about trying a mattress topper to put on top of the orthopaedic mattress?
                    A soft memory foam one might just do the trick.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      I found some extra deep cotton fitted sheets in Dunelm. Very happy with them.
                      That's where we bought ours from.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Maybe just me as they seem to be very popular but I hate the memory foam. The last one we had I just couldn't wait to get rid of.

Very busy out on the roads today. I only went out to get a newspaper.

I have had to hide the big tin of "heroes" that someone gave us and my husband opened as I can not leave them alone.

I have actually finished sewing up the baby jumper that I knitted. It took a week to knit but then sat there for two weeks as I hate sewing up and finishing off. Just need to rewrap the Christmas puddings and wrap the presents now.

Comment

• I’ve bought memory foam for the camper as it needed to be cut into 5 pieces so as to create seating too.
                          I was concerned about heat reflecting back but found one with a top layer of cooling gel beads.
                          Time will tell eh?

Comment

• Good Morning All Was clear at six but foggy now. Have a lovely Sunday
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

What a dull start to the day!
                              I’ve got the tree lights on and lit the wood fires and it’s already looking cosy - just like the run up to Xmas ‘should’ be as far as I am concerned

Yesterday we put up the fresh holly and , for the first time, I cut down some of our own mistletoe
                              Its been slowly spreading in one of our old apple trees for the past 10 years and we now have about 4 bunches at various stages of development.
                              This bunch is the biggest at around 2ft in diameter so I thinned it out a bit. I know it will eventually kill the tree but the tree was starting to fail anyway and I have a replacement one growing near it.
                              We have thousands of trees locally covered with balls of mistletoe up to 3ft in diameter . Snoggy stuff. Love it!

Anyone fancy a brew? Kettle’s on!

Comment

• Mornin Flo - you snuck in quietly there!
                                Any kitchen updates?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X