X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    It's a lovely sunny morning here.
    Plants are watered and the laundry is out drying.
    I am off to the hairdressers shortly.
    Hopefully gardening this afternoon.

Jay, I am delighted to hear your good news.
    Go out and celebrate.

I received my letter for my eye surgery this morning.
    31st of this month so just 7bder teo weeks.
    Absolutely dreading it but needs must.

Have a good dsy all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon

It’s been a good day here mostly spent outdoors back now for afternoon tea no scones I’m still full from my Cornetto

Snoop hope your phone call was to frustrating.

That’s good news about your eye surgery Bramble xx
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks everyone, celebrating by taking a trip to see the family, including our little granddaughter.
        Good news on your surgery date bramble, I’m sure it will all be worth it.
        Talking about spending, my wee auntie I’m sure sits in front of the tv watching Q*C with her telephone and credit card ready. She always has packages being delivered from them… at least the delivery company deliver them Nicos.
        Enjoy the rest of your evening folks. Catch you soon x
        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

Is everyone still abed? I'll keep my voice down then, and not clatter in the kitchen. I've put the breadmaker on, but it's fairly quiet so shouldn't disturb the lie-a-beds.

It's a bit of a dark and gloomy day, and darker in the early mornings now. The days seem to get shorter so quickly at this time of year.

I picked 4lbs blackberries yesterday from the hedgerows, now I need a few crab apples to help the jam set. I intended picking some unripe apples from a couple of cultivated trees gone wild in a spinney, but there was nary an apple on either one . First time there's been none at all in maybe 40 years.

kettle's on for another brew
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

A dull drab day here.
            Jay enjoy your break and cuddles with your granddaughter xx
            Our best delivery tale was after ringing the help line to see why a parcel wasn't delivered we were told it was because our road was closed due to a fire and the engines had blocked the road not got a clue to were they'd try to deliver but it wasn't to us.

enjoy your day

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
              Mornin MH

Yup - I’m up and about, but did have a bit of a lie- in as we had a massive thunderstorm last night lasting over a couple of hours. Very exciting!
              Lots of watering done on our behalf , so that’s one less job to do today - apart from the tubs.

Is that spare tea in the pot?

OH has been up six 6 am…Hibou..​​​​​…..so decided to prepare sour dough to bake tomorrow….I bet your house smells lovely by now MH!

We have about a dozen courgette the size of marrows which need attending to. Looks like we’ll be spending time in the kitchen today

Have a great day peeps - almost weekend again!
              Last edited by Nicos; 18-08-2023, 08:30 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dark and cloudy here. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dull and dreary with hazy rain falling.
                  No idea what I will be doing today

Jay, have a lovely time with your little grandaughter.

I stewed all my crab apples down and they are now in the freezer.

Have a good day all,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Yes, I had a lie-in today. Again! I slept really badly in the night and was groggy this morning, so decided to go back to sleep. A lot better for it now.
                    Got quite a lot to get through today and what with the late start I'm well and truly behind. Better step on it.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      What a miserable day weathereise.
                      We had light rain early in the day but it has been pouring down all evening.
                      I got fed up doing nothing so decided to paint the conservatory,
                      The decorator was supposed to come weeks ago but seems too busy so I decided to do it myself.
                      Well pleased with my days work.
                      Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well done bramble. Bet you are really pleased you’ve done that You need to treat yourself to something with the money you’ve saved!

Sorry- I seem to be hogging the hot weather. I won’t say ‘nice’ cos it’s hot and horribly humid. It’s 24C as I speak.

Early start tomorrow…Mrs Mop….

I read there is Storm Betty heading for the west coast of the uk…hope it’s not too bad for those affected.
                        Last edited by Nicos; 19-08-2023, 05:46 AM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Well…I awoke this morning not to Hibou doing gymnastics around the bedroom but the smell of fresh bread. I’d forgotten OH was baking it this morning. Fantastic scent. It’s no wonder ‘they’ suggest fresh bread and coffee scents inside your house when you are selling it!

Do help yourselves- there’s plenty to share!

It’s feeling less humid at the moment as we had more rain in the night. I’ve never seen the lawn so green in the summer….it’s looking really pretty!

Quick breakfast for me then I best set to. Enjoy your day peeps! Not seen the smiles yet, but maybe the massive bull in the field behind with his 12 girls and their calves might be worrying them a tad?

Comment

• Morning

Plenty of overnight rain here so the garden has that fresh feel to it, it looks like being good day here today so I'll be out and about.

enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning, there was rain overnight ans still dull and overcast, so no doubt there will be more rain, another busy time the past two days, we got some wet wall panels installed into the shower cubical and also onto the ceiling, not that I did that much other than make tea and coffee, fortunately I have a 3lt. flask that keeps the water very warm (from my hill walking days) as the water had to be turned off as well as the electric switched off, plus of course OH needed to be ferried up to our sons for the toilet, she could have went to one of the neighbours, but no she wanted to go up to our sons, where she has the choice of three toilets​​​​​​, unfortunately she couldn't sty there as he was working from home and she didn't want to disturb him with the telly, me I could use the outside toilet, we have a big back garden so plenty of space. Yesterday I took three grandsons fishing, I was a bit disappointed with that as I had phoned on Thursday to request hiring three rods for the day, to which I was told that was OK, unfortunately after driving thirty odd miles there were no rods, fortunately I had put three in the car before leaving, though not the best for the job the boys were quite happy with them, I had taken a book and a magazine along with my flask so that I could sit and read while drinking my tea, I never got the chance, between them getting their lines tangled and them not wanting to touch worms I was run off my feet, we returned home with a full flask, one big fish and three happy boys and me exhausted, I was reminded that they will be on holiday again on October when they can do it again, but I had to point out to them I will be on holiday for the full of October, not sure where I will be possibly in the back bedroom with all the doors locked hopefully they will have other things to do by October, though I doubt it, anyway they were happy I was exhausted but a good day​​​​​​
                              It's raining now so won't get any gardening done today. Have a good day remember to smile even if you don't feel like it it helps
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Stairs to sweep this morning and other domestics. Hopefully if the weather stays like this (it's sunny and windy), I can divide some perennials this afternoon. Some should have had a tub to themselves, not share! Catch you later, have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X