Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Wow MH, I didn't know your mum was 105! Congratulations to her and to you for looking after her
    Dull and drizzly here, but the sun is trying to get out.
    Have a good day All
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all..
      Dull, grey and damp here with rain forecast..
      Nothing planned so it might be a domestics day,
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon. I don't know where the morning went today.

Mr GF woke me at 6am by digging me in the ribs several times with his elbow. He was lucky he didn't suffer broken ribs when I retaliated! Evidently he was just scratching an itch. I eventually dropped back off and never heard a thing until I heard the postman struggling to push a big fat envelope through the letterbox at 9am.....spares for Mr GF's hearing aids.

It rained heavily earlier, lots of puddles and standing water still around. It's also still quite breezy. Looking at the forecast we're forecast to go down to 1°C on Monday night. 🥶 Brrrrrrr!

Comment

• Good afternoon, and many thanks for the kind thoughts, which really are appreciated, not in the best of moods yesterday, so wouldn't have been good company, our daughter was at hospital with our grandson, for further tests this morning and has to continue with the injections for a further six days then on to tablets, that of course is providing all the blood tests are OK, the doctor wonders if this is a hereditary thing, as his uncle on his father's side was unable to go through an operation due to blood clots, which he didn't show any effects of until he had cancer, sadly he died and just a young man, so possibly this happening now with our grandson, though not what we would want, is something which will help him in future years, God moves in mysterious ways have a good day and if you have sunshine enjoy it, I actually watered the garden this morning, and will be heading out to enjoy the sunshine, though there is a cold wind blowing but if I find a sheltered corner out of the wind and out of sight of OH I will sit and have a read, and if sun is warm enough inspect the inside of the eyelids
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Fingers crossed re all the tests Rary x

I’ve sown more flower seeds today. Most of them are out of date so I’ll see what happens.

The rain has held off here so we’ve both been attacking one of the smaller gardens. Apart from potting up a few plants in tubs I can happily say that section is ‘almost” completely done
            I might just put down an extra layer of mulch and paint a couple of pallets which are the side pieces of the log store. But there’s no rush for those. Actually - gardening is never finished is it!

The wind is very chilly here too Rary - not much beats taking ‘40 winks’ (as my grandpa would say) particularly with the warmth of the sun on you. Don’t burn though…the UV is up to 5 here now in full sun.

Just having a brew…OH has just opened some ginger biscuits if anyone is interested?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              Fancy card, mothhawk. Do people get one every year after their hundredth? I thought they only went out on hundredth birthdays...
              You get a card on your 100th, then have to wait and last out till you are 105, and after that, they send one every year.

I suppose they think they won't have to send many after 105

Ooh, I just goggled it. there are approximately 170 centenarians over the age of 107, and of those, 30 are over 109.
              Out of the top 110, only nine are men. Sorry chaps, we're going to outlive you all (nearly).

Last edited by mothhawk; 22-04-2023, 02:53 PM.
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• We've ended up with Frank again while the GG goes out with a friend for tea. Her partner is at Wembley and the earliest he is expected back is midnight and that's only if United lose!
                Glad to hear there is some progress with your grandson rary, stay positive.
                I've just taken delivery of some plug plants I'd forgotten I'd ordered. I think they're petunias - I'll have to look back at my e-mails to check. Arthur is restricting my capacity to grow veg, but I'm hoping I can dabble with flowers in tubs.

​​​ A ginger biscuit would be very welcome Nicos, thank you

Comment

• Good evening, rather than sitting reading I was in the greenhouse where I pricked out 150 petunia and 60 lobelia seedlings and split a Christmas cactus, and repotted it, not sure whither what I have done will be OK as I had to use a saw to split up the plant, time will tell OH has been going on for months about the plant needing to be split and repotted, it's one she really likes I don't think she realised what was required, but it's done now and have left the, now two plants, out in the greenhouse, if it doesn't work I will of course, plead ignorant of knowing what happened and question where the plant went​​​​​​
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary that’s reminded me I’ve also got a Christmas cactus that needs repotting, it’s been in the same pot for years. Must do that tomorrow any tips. ?
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                      …and boy do we have rain this morning!…Thank goodness we managed to do so much in the garden yesterday

Looks like it’s going to be a domestics day - including the charity sort out.
                      Its definitely a porridge and light the woodfire sort of day.

Letting Hibou out this morning ( well, it was more of a dash out, stop, turn around, and dash back in sort of event) I noticed I’d left my best secateurs out on the patio table and they got wet…ooops. So they’re inside drying. Do you think WD40 will help prevent them from rusting up?

Enjoy your day peeps- and remember to get up to no good today

Comment

• Morning all.
                        It was pouring with rain earlier, but it's stopped now. i've been watching the robin building a nest behind the bird box that is now almost completely overgrown with winter clematis. The clematis covers a trellis on top of the fence, next door's young cat sometimes walks (or perhaps wobbles is a better term) along the top of the trellis, so I hope he doesn't spot the nest.

Spray the secateurs with WD now, Nicos, it will help drive out the water. I use it or a spray can of 3-in-1 oil each time I put my secateurs away. Then I wipe them with an oily rag, which is also used to wipe over trowel, fork and spade after using them.

Time for another cuppa now.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Rain here for the day as well Nicos so I'll be mostly indoors. Some baking, reading, seed sorting and maybe a run around with the hoover. I use WD40 on mine during the winter and not had a problem with them rusting.

Enjoy your day
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All Light drizzle here. Lazy day for me today. Have a lovely Sunday

Comment

• Guys, could you just share the rain out a bit? We watched as the grey clouds sailed overhead yesterday. Didn't release a single drop. Next week is due to be extremely hot. The forest fires have already started.

Sorry to hear about your grandson's situation, rary. But I guess if the doctors can diagnose the problem, they'll have a better chance of controlling it. Thinking of you.

On the cards for today, a bit of everything, including bread baking, seed sowing and weeding, plus the inevitable paid work.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• I would say you are welcome to some of our rain Snoop - you certainly sound as if you need some
                                Dont like the sound of forest fires so early in the year…will you need to clear more land of trees to create a fire break or are you already ok on that score?
                                We still have a hosepipe ban due to lack of rain over winter - very worrying for the summer for us, but your situation Snoop sounds worse than that

I’ve decided to spend a couple of hours researching family tree. Well, basically pulling together some research I’d already done and I’m quite chuffed so far. Sometimes it’s a bit like doing a jigsaw using dates, location and repetition of favoured family names. All from original documents. It’s appalling how many trees online just seem to have grabbed a name which will do, and is completely wrong. It just makes the research so much more difficult for everyone else

Still pouring it down here…every drop is welcome- I’ll buy more bark chippings when this lot has soaked into the soil.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X