Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a carrier bag full of pre decimal pennies me and the grandsons play cards or dominoes with those. I have some of my Dads old collection of pre decimal coins too, including brass thrupenny bits and farthings.

Comment

• Good morning. I think the thunder woke me up a while ago. It is still rumbling away in the distance and also raining.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

We have thunder here. On and off all night and loads of rain. Looks like it’s going to be like that during the day too. This time though are there dreaded hailstones. Poor plants Then back to a heatwave apparently!

We have friends arriving today until next weekend, I’m really looking forward to having a good natter - not seen them for over a year.

Talking of old money - we have quite a selection of old coins from multiple countries our parents visited. Also stamps which I want to check through and sell. Does anyone know of any good internet sites indicating stamp values? I don’t want to hand over a penny black at a give away price!

Quick grory hop for me before my friends arrive then it’s going to be a nattering day

Enjoy your Sunday peeps.
        (Remember that posts made tomorrow and Tuesday will be lost)
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning All
          We've had thunder and rain too early hours of the morning. It's hot and sunny now.
          Have a lovely Sunday
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

The garden feels lovely and fresh after the early morning rain, looks like we've got plenty more rain/thunder for the rest of today

Enjoy your day
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning again. We have warm sunshine again now but 99% chance of rain again this evening. I've just been and had a Covid booster at the local rugby club. I don't know where everybody is going but the traffic is mad today.

Comment

• Gd day all.
                After a beautiful week of sunshine the weather has broken.
                We have thunder, lightening and rain.
                Happy Sunday all.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, though the forecast was for rain overnight there was very little fell, then when going out to church again a light rain for less than 5 minutes now warm and sunny, just getting ready to go up to our daughters as its oldest GSs birthday so hopefully though thunder is forecasted for this afternoon it will stay dry, enjoy your day and keep a smile close by and pass it on when you can
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Meant to ask when's the old yin due back from holiday
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Very heavy rain here as I type - if it develops into a storm I’ll have to unplug the router. No hail as yet…
                      Last edited by Nicos; 18-06-2023, 01:56 PM.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Still no rain, due over night, but have to say the flowers are amazing, poppies and roses are as good as I have seen them and I don't water them.

Comment

• Afternoon

Its been fine up to yet but it feels like rains on the way I don't think it'll be long so I'd best go get the recliners indoors and the trugs back out and around the patio.
                          Had a good walk earlier through the fields it was rather hot out in the open.

Enjoy our afternoon

30 mins later and we have rain and thunder

Last edited by Bren In Pots; 18-06-2023, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• It's not here yet Bren, but it's going dark and the birds are going quiet, so I'm sure it will not be long before it arrives. I've been sorting out the tulips bulbs I lifted a few weeks ago. I've put them in a paper bag till the Autumn. Not sure they'll regrow and flower, but worth a shot. All the perennials I've put in large containers seem to be thriving, but for the Penstemon, which seems dormant. Does anyone know if it's a slow grower? I'm experienced with veg, but not flowers!

Comment

• And here it is!

Comment

• Evening

It's still raining here and topping up my water butts nicely

It will be a short evening walk I think.

enjoy your evening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X