X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
    Morning all.

Feels quite cool today, and very cloudy. I've been resisting munching peas straight off the vine in the hope that there'll be enough for lunch. I'm growing them behind the runner beans so they are not so easy for me to access as I pass by!

Up till now I've never grown enough peas for a boiling, but this year they are doing really well. they are dwarf ones, so I don't expect a huge amount, and they need to come out soon so I can put CFB there. The CFB are leaping out of their pots now and need to be in the ground.

Enjoyed your video, Burnie. Why do I always expect a Scottish accent? Must be a combination of location and user name, which sounds sort of Scottish...
    I do have some Scottish ancestry..............................I also have some Welsh, French, Danish and Latvian lol

Comment

• Morning all.

Might not be what you wanted, Geoff, but your hydrangea looks lovely, nevertheless.

All good here at the moment, but the temperatures are back on the rise. Mr Snoop off out for another round of building-related errands. Taking stuff to the tip too. Phew. Me, I'm in my nice cool basement with the cat. No sign of the snake, so maybe it has headed out unseen. Either that or it's lurking in a nice warm spot under the freezer...

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

It looks like there's a post lag this morning I'm getting notifications but not seeing the posts, hope it soon sorts its self out.

Lovely and sunny out best make the most of it rains due this afternoon.

Enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All cooler again here, but blue sky. Potting on the four minibell tomatoes I decided to grow with old seed. I was very late with them, you'll be harvesting before mine have even flowered Bren! All my family were used to getting pounds of fresh toms and jars of sauce in years gone by, but not any more! Glad the snake seems to have slithered away Snoop
          Right, breakfast. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, weather not very good here at present just hope it's a bit better today than yesterday which was strong gusts of winds and heavy rain the temperature was 15c but with the wind it felt a lot colder, we had one of the dogs staying with us on Saturday night and got caught in a couple of showers, just a few drops of rain then the heavens opened, fortunately I have a strong storm proof umbrella which can withstand the high winds that accompanied the rain, now going to do some hoovering and wash a couple of floors before going out to the hut to see if I can repair a carpet shampoo machine, but if the sun comes out it will be the garden, enjoy your day whatever the weather and pass on some smiles
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all.
              It was raining earlier but its stopped now, but still quite breezy,
              No plans for the day butI am off to the park now for a walk.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Strong winds here today. The cage on the salad (lettuce, rocket and spring onions) and carrots has collapsed, one of the big leaves of the courgettes has snapped off and the potatoes are collapsing as well!

Comment

• It's pretty windy here too Sim, but only blowing loose pots around my garden. Hope you haven't had too much irreparable damage.
                  it's so chilly I've put the duvet back on the bed! Sod's Law that it will turn warmer overnight
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Proper windy here too.......................................
                    https://live.The Flying Scotsman by tigerburnie, on Flickr
                    Last edited by burnie; 03-07-2023, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Evening

It’s been chilly here today but not too windy though, if it gets any chillier I’ll have to put my shorts away and go back to trousers.
                      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-07-2023, 06:34 PM.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Plans were changed from this morning, as two GSs are staying overnight I decided to do a wee bit of plastering and painting once I got the housework done, was going to do it tomorrow but as the boys will be here, it's a job that's better done when they are not about, have most of it done but shoulders were rather sore, they felt as if they were on fire, now wondering if Michelangelo had arthritis in his shoulders as it would definitely be easier to paint the ceiling lying on my back in fact it would be even easier if someone else would do it intended to get out to the greenhouse after my tea but youngest GS appeared on a bike and he was wanting it sorted so have been outside in a short sleeved shirt, (which is as far as I go with summer wear, unlike Bren I don't go to shorts very often, I like to keep the long trousers on as I quite often walk through long grass and I don't fancy getting any ticks) anyway was outside with just a short sleeved shirt, and yes trousers, for about an hour and a half and it really felt cold, it's not very often I feel cold, same with the heat, I rarely get effected by the high temperatures, OH thinks it because I'm so hot well I hope she does​​​​​​, hopefully it's a better day weather-wise tomorrow, with all the rain we have had here I could have filled another three water butts.
                        Enjoy your evening and have a good day tomorrow and remember to pass on some smiles. Goodnight

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                          We had a very windy day today and heavy showers along with it...
                          Got no gardening done and just watered the greenhouse plants.

Bren, yes, I left off the shorts today as it was so miserable.
                          Hopefully it will be a better weather day tomorrow.

Rary, leave those trousers off and get a bit of colour in your cheeks while the sun shines.

Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                            Proper windy here too.......................................
                            https://live.The Flying Scotsman by tigerburnie, on Flickr
                            Lovely to see that Burnie. I love steam trains x

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

I thought I’d posted this morning but clearly hadn’t
                              Hibou woke me at stupido’clock.fr wanting to go out. No idea why as it was raining. That’s one downside to light mornings- Hibou considers it’s time to go out.

The wet miserable morning cleared up and it seems like I hogged the lovely weather!…sorry about that.
                              I did a massive shop this morning , mostly not food for a change.
                              I even bought a small wheelbarrow for our granddaughter’s visit…she’s going to love it!
                              On the way back I collected some cornettos which we ate at our woodyard. All of them. Very refreshing.
                              We’ve just had a lovely bbq outside.. Early night now to compensate for the early start!
                              Sleep well peeps.
                              I’ll try and get the smiles to take some of the sunshine up to you all tomorrow.
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Loved the video, burnie. My dad's favourite train. We used to make ridiculous detours while we were on holiday so we could stand on a station bridge and watch it whizz by. I really liked the rose as well. He had one like it, called Whisky Mac. A beauty with a gorgeous scent. What's your one called?

Sunny start to the day. Due to have a thunderstorm again today. Not much in the way of rain, unfortunately. If anyone has any going spare, I'd be glad to take it off your hands.

Very boring day ahead for me. I won't bore you with the details... Just better get on with it. I shooed the smiles out early, so I could steel myself for the tedium to come. Don't want them rustling around and shuffling up my piles of papers, either.

Have a great day, everyone.

Edited: All of them, Nicos? Some and all are not very precise numbers...
                                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 04-07-2023, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X