This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Still breezy here and lots of cotton wool ball clouds. I shall be making rhubarb jam in a little while, the rhubarb has steeped (if that is the correct term) overnight in the sugar. just got to add lemon juice and boil it up. I'll do that while I'm having breakfast. Definitely time for a cuppa now.

Lovely to see the Flying Scotsman, Burnie, however briefly.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning

Cool again here today but still shorts weather I supposes its no different to wearing a skirt really. I do wear skirts but they're usually lacking in decent pockets.

Thanks for the Flying Scotsman vid Burnie its not been past our way for a while now.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning overcast with a constant wind at present, when out with the dog earlier there was a slight slever in the wind, but fortunately didn't start raining, bramble need to ask what cheeks we're you thinking of, when you suggest leaving my trousers off and getting a bit of colour in them I'm shocked at that suggestion coming from bramble😁😁. I think I will need to get out and tidy up some of my lilies, as some are showing the effects of the wind and heavy rain, wonder if OH would like to buy a bunch of flowers 🤔. Anyway have a pleasant day and keep a smile close ready to pass on
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here, hope it lasts. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Morning all.

Loved the video, burnie. My dad's favourite train. We used to make ridiculous detours while we were on holiday so we could stand on a station bridge and watch it whizz by. I really liked the rose as well. He had one like it, called Whisky Mac. A beauty with a gorgeous scent. What's your one called?

Edited: All of them, Nicos? Some and all are not very precise numbers...
            The rose is Lady of Shallot.....................and thankfully it does not smell of onions.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              Good morning overcast with a constant wind at present, when out with the dog earlier there was a slight slever in the wind, but fortunately didn't start raining, bramble need to ask what cheeks we're you thinking of, when you suggest leaving my trousers off and getting a bit of colour in them I'm shocked at that suggestion coming from bramble😁😁. I think I will need to get out and tidy up some of my lilies, as some are showing the effects of the wind and heavy rain, wonder if OH would like to buy a bunch of flowers 🤔. Anyway have a pleasant day and keep a smile close ready to pass on
              Rary, sorry I shocked you there..
              Put it down to " a rush of blood to the head. " 😏😏

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Sun and showers again hereq today.
                Just back from my line dancing and a quick walk.

Today is my grandsons birthday, he is 5 already.
                We are invited to his tea party this evening so not much gardening time today.
                Enjoy the day whatever you're up to.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Edited: All of them, Nicos? Some and all are not very precise numbers...
                  Well….there were three of us and I had a choice of buying a pack of 4 or a pack of 6.
                  Having done A level maths…I worked out the best choice would be two each rather than wasting one ( Yeh right!)

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Happy burpday to your grandson bramble. Enjoy the party!

Comment

• Apologies accepted bramble, knowing you to be a lady, I no doubt misinterpreted what you meant

Good evening, finished up quite a nice day, with the sun coming out about mid day, went over to try and find a gentleman who works for The John Muir Trust, but unfortunately there was no one about, but grandson and I had a pleasant walk around the area before heading to allotments in the nearby town, I was looking for someone I had heard about, who uses the hugelkultur method in their allotment, again unfortunately they weren't about, actually there was only an elderly couple who showed us around a large poly tunnel before we had a walk round the rest of the allotments, when we were finished we headed back to the poly tunnel where the couple were feeding their tomatoes using a well known tomato feed, I suggested that they make their own feed with comfrey, having heard about this from someone else they were willing to try it but unfortunately didn't know what comfrey was, having passed several clumps of it in the ground outside allotment boundary I took them along to show them what it was, explained how to make their comfrey tea then leaving a happy couple we headed home where GS got his bike out and went out with it for a short time while I made the tea, after tea and the boys back home I went ovef the fields and collected some comfrey to make a feed for myself, though before going out I prepared some garlic for steeping, I prepared it in the kitchen, not the best place for doing this when OH doesn't like the smell of garlic, hence the trip over the fields, which gave her time to cool down about it😁. Well I wish you all a good night and a pleasant day tomorrow
                      Last edited by rary; 04-07-2023, 08:17 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good night all.
                        What a wet evening it turned to be, very heavy showers.
                        Well the tea party had to take place indoors but it was very enjoyable.
                        The birthday had a great evening meeting up with cousins and lots of gifts of course.
                        Hope we have better weather tomorrow.

Rary, you're such a busy bee, I dont know where you get the energy from.

Good night all and sweet dreams..

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Heavy rain and strong winds overnight have flattened my long uncut grass patches which were almost two metres high.
                          Also there are loads of apples on the floor
                          We had quite a bit of thunder yesterday afternoon too.

Not quite sure what today will bring but hopefully it stays dry enough for me to go and pick more currants and the first of the black cherries. Yum.

Sounds like you had a good day there rary - It’s nice you managed to share your knowledge about comfrey with the younger generation Seriously though…it’s good to share such useful info like that.

Glad you enjoyed the party too bramble. Just think - only two/three years ago that wouldn’t have been possible.

Yesterday I heard a bit of a commotion and noticed there were several vans and a cherry picker outside …. Fitting our fibre internet cable to the telegraph pole …yippee!…no idea how long until it’s up and running though…

I think I might just bake a cake today. I want to make a quiche so I might as well make the most of the oven. It’s deffo a cake making fort of day weather wise!

Enjoy your day peeps- the smiles blew past in a racey sort of manner earlier - let’s hope they don’t get blown off course!
                          Last edited by Nicos; 05-07-2023, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Good Morning All Can't keep up with you rary! Wish Himself would stir his stumps a bit more Just started to rain here. Himself has to go to the drive through blood centre today. I'm shotgun to make sure he gets there. Have a good day

​​​​

Comment

• Morning

Keep the rain to yourself Flo I've got laundry out on the line.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Sun's out now Bren!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X