This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post

We have a saying here which covers that "he, evedently kens(knows) which side his breads buttered"
    We have the same saying here in Yorkshire, but obviously usually uttered in a broad Yorksire dialect. My husband was trying to garner sympathy one day from my sister and having a moan about my shortcomings. To my amazement my sister said the same thing to him, "tha knows which side thi bread's buttered" and told him he'd never had it so good.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 13-01-2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

We have a saying here which covers that "he, evedently kens(knows) which side his breads buttered"
      yeh…it’s usually the side which lands face down on the floor isn’t it?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Hats off to your sister gf…..I would have said the same thing to him, and I hardly know you!!!
        Shortcomings?….pah…that’s what makes us individuals and not Stepford wives

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Well se weathered the storm and now the sun is out.
          I need to take a trip into town this morning for an anniversary gift.

That's a lot of seaweed Rary, I just collect a few bags in the autumn as I'm not sure its allowed,

Murphys law, when your bread falls with the buttered side down.

Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Unbelievably it is raining here yet again and very windy with it. Yesterday's parcel arrived at the right time and Mr GF is very happy with his new soft and cosy loungewear. If they wash well (when I can part him from them) I'll order him another set in a different colour and maybe some for me too in a smaller size.

I must call in at the doctor's surgery later and organise some blood tests for Mr GF.

Nicos, moi, a Stepford wife!!😊🤯😊 Nobody who has ever known me would call me that in a million years! I consider myself lucky that things were changing for women as I was growing up, even though my mother was pushing me to "settle down" while I was still a teenager.
            Last edited by greenishfing; 13-01-2023, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post

Murphys law, when your bread falls with the buttered side down.

Have a good day all,
              I call it "Sod's Law" Bramble, but just the same thing

We've been to arrange a funeral, Himself's mother (whom I often referred to on here as the Outlaw). She died tragically at dinner on Christmas Day. She was 93. She was fit and active and we fully expected her to last at least until she got a birthday card from the King, but such is life.

Anyhow, off to listen to The Archers, which I've recently returned to. In fact I'm quite a fan of Radio 4 these days
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh gosh Flo….really sorry to hear about your MIL That cant have been easy.
                Not ‘easy’ at the best of times…but that’s not a day to pass away. x

Comment

• Really sorry to hear about your MIL, Flo. Hope Himself is coping.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    We've been to arrange a funeral, Himself's mother (whom I often referred to on here as the Outlaw). She died tragically at dinner on Christmas Day. She was 93. She was fit and active and we fully expected her to last at least until she got a birthday card from the King, but such is life.
                    Sorry to read about your MiL Flo xx
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks for all your sympathies - the event was traumatic as it was at my late daughter's house and involved my son-in-law performing Heimlich and the two eldest Golden Girls carrying out CPR until the Paramedics arrived - you couldn't make it up could you? We plod on.

Yes, Nicos, I do knit, so it's a lovely raffle prize. My eldest GG works on the Neo-natal Unit, so has asked me to knit for the babies on there - oh and she wants a headband! They're all intent on keeping me busy. I doubt they'll persuade Granddad to use his raffle prize

Comment

• Good grief Flo - what a dreadful experience for everyone. So sorry x

Comment

• Flo, so very sorry to hear about your mother in law.
                          What a traumatic experience for you and your family.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening everyone. Hope you are all well. Been MIA lately as I had some bad news at the beginning of December…I now have secondary breast cancer in the bones. Only the bones which, strange to say, is good news. I’d been on about pain in ribs for 6 months which was put down to muscle strain…it wasn’t! Didn’t want to come on and tell you over the festive season. Anyhoo, I’m here and with my new treatment hopefully here for a few more years.

Off for a catch up, hopefully will be on a lot more now that I’m in a better place. X
                            sigpic

Comment

• chit chat?

Comment

• Best Wishes to you Jay, good news or bad we're here to share it with you

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X