Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gf…I almost forgot!…is OH well enough now to be able to go out for afternoon tea? Hope so!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin MH…I wondered why the kettle was hot!

Comment

• Good morning all. It's a sunny one. We're forecast low 20s here today. Mr GF is still asleep so I don't know how he's feeling yet today. I presume he slept well because I did. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts.

Snoop sorry to hear about your trip to the UK and your poor plants. I bet Mr Snoop feels awful. I hope you have a few survivors.

Nicos, it sounds as if you've been working hard.....you need to be kind to yourself (and the washing machine) and have a break.

Lottie I hope you make some new happy memories on your holidays.

I must go and make coffee now.

Comment

• Morning

Welcome back Snoop, watering is always difficult when you don't really know what you're doing, MrS must feel really guilty about it. Hope something survives after your hard work.

Enjoy your holls Lottie xx

Off to play freezer Jenga its full of take out boxes of toms and raspberries that need bagging up.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Decision made!
            Staying at home. All to ourselves …slow start to the day…homemade pizzas, reading in the garden and some pottering both inside and out .
            If it starts raining then we’ll go out in the camper for a few hours.

Jenga is a good description Bren. I need to get my older fruit to the top of the freezer instead of plonking this years produce on top.

Comment

• Morning all, what a lovely post there Nicos!
              Good to see you back Snoop, sorry about your plants, hope you manage to salvage something. Hopefully the smiles will help cheer you up!
              Lottie, enjoy your holiday making some new memories. As long as you think of your MR he will be with you.
              Hope Mr GF is hale and hearty this morning GF!
              Seems the site has that glitch again…can’t seem to like posts or move pages forward, only backwards?
              sigpic

Comment

• Likes appear to be working again after I post…no idea what’s going on but no big deal!
                Last edited by Jay22; 21-08-2022, 09:00 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,thanks for the good wishes,Snoop,sorry i thought you were on your holidays lass,yeserday was good,swimming,sunday lunch out,round the arcade,boy i was happy but cream crackerd,we all just chilled out in the evening,the nerve is affecting another area now,did some gentle excersice in the water,today is ladies day in another place,hoping to get our nails done,males are doing a walk,by for now
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Sounds good fun lottie…pity about your back though Bonding times with family are so precious!

Mrs Mop day for me today again…plus ironing.- got to go and buy some breakfast things in for the guests at some point too today.

Yesterday’s rest did me some good. I even fell asleep in the garden in the afternoon!…unheard of

Right…best crack on!- see you later peeps.

Comment

• Morning all. Thanks for all the positive thoughts. Cheered me up no end.

Glad you're having a good time, LD. How are you getting on with your play suits (I think they were called)? Still stretching without incident?

Went round to visit the neighbours yesterday evening. His veg patch is very similar to mine but worse if anything. He says everything was doing really well till rain a couple of days before I got back. No obvious signs of blight or fungal problems on any of his plants and no insect pests that I could see. So maybe the rain was followed by a really cold night. Both of us are trying not to to all conspiracy theoristy and ponder on whether there was anything in the rain... Anyway, I've ripped up a lot of plants that were obviously not going to do well, so at least I'm only faced with plants that have a prospect of being productive. I'm guessing it's very late, but I'll buy a lot of brassica plug plants and keep my fingers crossed we get a late first frost, so that they do have a spell of decent growth.

Turned my compost heap this morning. Feels somehow counter-intuitive: nice damp stuff starting to break down is now on the top. Anyway, at some point, I'll empty the dalek on top and hope for the best. The first time I'll have emptied the dalek properly since we arrived here. After fifteen years of filling it, I have, ooh, all of about 40 cm of nice stuff at the bottom. Plus some of those fabric pouches for seedlings that are supposed to be biodegradable. Looks like that might be the case, but maybe in a million years. They look exactly the same as they did two years ago when I lobbed them in there, thinking they'd compost down.

Right, on with the show. Got friends coming and a whole house to deep clean and tidy today.

Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning. Snoop you sound very busy. I hope the temperature has gone down a bit over there or you'll melt. It's sad about your plants but I'm sure Mr Snoop feels a little better knowing it's not just him.

I used to hate looking after other peoples plants and/or animals for fear of harm befalling them. When I voiced my fears once to a friend she just said that she asked me because she was sure that regardless of any catastrophes I would try my best.

Lottie, it sounds as if you are having a great time despite your problems.

Nicos it sounds as if you needed a day off.

We never got out for afternoon tea yesterday but never mind.

Today I need to go food shopping.

Comment

• Morning, heavy rain earlier this morning but drying up now. Laundry today after our break away, going to be busy!!
                          Hope you all have a fab day! Glad you are enjoying your holibags lottie!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all, a very dull and overcast morning.
                            A bit of a Mrs mop day for me as well.

Snoop, hope the remainder of your plants recover.
                            Its soul destroying lives to loose them after putting in the work.

Lottie, delighted to hear your enjoying holiday and family tine , its precious,

Nicos, you obviously needed your little cat nap in the garden, maybe working too hard.

Have a good day all. Catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Gf….about your afternoon tea….

I have been thinking about this lots - and asked OH if he fancies us doing one every month or so - but as a Sunday afternoon tea. Different butties,homemade cakes , soft boiled eggs, pot of tea and our best china ( what’s the point of having it if it never gets used?) In front of the log fire. Different fresh homemade breads too of course! Maybe even a glass of fizz like they have in some of the more expensive places.
                              Should be fun trying out different cake/ biscuit recipes- and OH making different breads/ rolls.
                              We’ll see if we keep it going , or just simplify it, but it sounds like a fun project over autumn/ winter…..

I recall the first time I had ‘real’ cucumber sandwiches.
                              I was invited for afternoon tea by a rather elegant lady in her late 90’s (way back in the mid 70s) They were less than 1cm thick and the cucumber ‘kissed’ by a quick pass over some vinegar. No crusts, and cut into small triangles.Those and small pieces of caraway cake. Best china of course and tea with thin slices of lemon.
                              Interesting how times change.
                              Last edited by Nicos; 22-08-2022, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Well, I lied it’s poured all day!!
                                I absolutely love an afternoon tea. My friend and I were getting into the habit of meeting once a month or so in the city but since lockdown we haven’t done it. Maybe now’s the time, of course it has to have a glass of fizz!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X