This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening

Our house smells of jacket potatoes won’t be long till they’re ready.
    It did rain enough to add to my butts.

Enjoy your evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
      It's been a really lovely day here.
      Went to have my hair done this morning.
      Went to the local store to get some flowers for my dads grave as it's his birthday.
      Cam way with some lovely potted dahlias in beautiful shades of pink and purple.

Glad to hear Mr GF is feeling well again.
      It's so nice to come home to a ready meal.

Nicos, I remember the day I traded in my first car.
      It had two big headlights and as I walked away I could almost think they were looking after me.
      I still have a pic of that car.

Have a good evening all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all.

Mmm, blackberry and apple, Nicos, my very favorite dessert with lashings of custard.

Had a trip to the dentist today for a check-up and clean, and to have a piece of broken tooth removed. It was very loose and only took a gentle tug, which I hadn't liked to risk myself. Apart from that my gnashers are in good order for another year. My lovely lady dentist told me she's retiring soon, so next time I'll be seeing someone new. Pleased for her but not for me.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening all, just about to catch up but can’t like any posts until I post! Hope everyone is doing well.
          sigpic

Comment

• Nope, likes aren’t working again!
            sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Hopefully Jay they will be next time you try

Woken this morning to splashy rain on the window and Hibou bounding around in the dark wanting to go out.Looked at the clock…..4.15am
              She was really insistent on going out and then I couldn’t get back to sleep. So, yup 90 mins of ironing later () and I still couldn’t get back to sleep. Tis going to be a very long day if I don’t manage an afternoon kip.

The upside is that it’s still raining! Really pleased as it’s the first proper rain for months. I want to plant out some leeks but the soil is still bone dry below 1cm - so no point just yet.

More ironing for me today and freezing more windfalls. The smell of stewed apples takes me back to Sunday lunches at my granny’s…steamed apple sponge pudding and custard. Yum.

Right!…brew time over - kettle’s still hot
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all. I'm taking my brother in law to the doctors this morning. Mr GF is coming too but has already been warned not to behave like a toddler having a tantrum if they are running late (yesterday). Hopefully while I'm there I'll get all our flu jabs booked. Preferably for the same day/time.

Got to go get ready now.

Comment

• Morning, a bit dull this morning! You had Hibou this morning, we had a a dog (neighbours), seagulls and a power washer at silly o’clock!! Why would you use your power washer so blooming early?!!
                  Likes are working this morning, strange little glitch.
                  Anyhoo, going for lunch with OH today, looking forward to that.
                  on another note, has rary been on? Haven’t seen him in ages, hope all is well with him.
                  Off to grab a cuppa, catch you all later…hope all goes well at the doctors GF and that you manage a nap Nicos. x
                  sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, though it'll be the afternoon here in a minute or two.

Even muggier today than yesterday. We had a bit of drizzle yesterday but nothing very significant.

Nice evening out yesterday. First time sitting in a restaurant indoors since before lockdown. A restaurant we know very well but very strange at the same time. Lovely meal, though.

Not sure what's on the cards for the afternoon. An outing or an inning? Somebody will tell me eventually.

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 25-08-2022, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• Back home again. I decided to ring the doctors to book the flu jabs. I had had a text yesterday saying book one but I didn't know who it was for as Mr GF and his brother get their texts sent to my phone too. It was actually for me. But while I was on the phone I got the two men booked in for theirs for the following week (at the same time). A very helpful receptionist.

The appointment for my brother in law also went reasonably smoothly. It makes me smile when varying members of staff work out how their patients are related to each other. I know one of the doctors was quite puzzled when I kept delivering ancient in-laws for covid jabs when they started and working out the family dynamics.

We have also had some drizzle this morning (not forcast). But we never got a drop of what was forecast yesterday.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 25-08-2022, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Great you are on top of the appointments gf. It’s one less important thing to get sorted out in good time isn’t it?

And guess what….it’s still raining here ( very light drizzle but every drop counts!)

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Oh my, it's just started tipping it down, and I had planned to go look at my bees later. The garden will enjoy the rain though and no doubt it won't last more than 10 minutes.

Well done getting your 'flu jabs sorted, GF. Our surgery is nowhere near so organised. I had to ring them this week because my Mum had yet
                          another reminder letter (the second!) about her annual blood tests for hypertension being due, which she actually had done in May! It's ridiculous, especially having to wait in a queue of calls, which takes forever. My Mum's results were all there in the computer system, the receptionist was able to find them, and said she would speak to the team that send out reminders. Team??? No wonder we get multiple letters. What a waste of resources.
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all.
                            Not seen any rain here for ages.

Jay, Rary hasn't been on here at all, hope all is ok with him.

Glad your appointments worked out well for you GF.

Myself and hubby had appointments for the optician for ye tests and renew our glasses.
                            Well somebody made an error and we were told the appointment is for next Thursday,
                            OH insists he is not the one who made the error.
                            Anyway we will be doing the ssmetrip next week, so a wasted morning.

Taking my grandson to see some kind 9fa dinosaur show this afternoon.
                            Have a good afternoon all especially those having a nap.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening

A mix of shopping and visiting today then inbetween the rain some gardening and harvesting.

Flu jabs from September onwards here, we book ours at the pharmacy its quicker to get an appointment there than at Doctors.

enjoy your evenng.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                                Another very misty start to the day…and now it’s lovely and sunny with a light breeze. Perfect for gardening.

Not sure what today will bring, but it’s going to involve lots of outdoor things

How was the dinosaur event bramble?
                                I love anything prehistoric.
                                I always thought that if I ever had a major win on the lottery I’d love to create a dinosaur era garden for the general public using prehistoric plants which still exist today…ferns, magnolia tree, monkey puzzle tree …and then have artistic iron dinosaurs strategically places amongst them.

Ha,…I just looked up which are the oldest plants in the world and this came up..
                                https://www.oldest.org/nature/plants/
                                Wouldn’t want horsetails in my themed park!
                                Well…it’s just a fantasy thought/ plan

( I already have a ginko tree, ferns , a magnolia and loads and loads of moss….so that’s a start!)
                                Last edited by Nicos; 26-08-2022, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X