Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nope, the best biscuits are the ones you happen to have at the time (except rich tea). At the moment, bounty biscuits! I'm going to see if I can find a hobnob recipe next. And then they'll be the best. The worst biscuits always as far as I'm concerned are rich tea. Even if they're the only biscuit available, I won't have one. Must be terrible to be a diabetic. Really sorry for you, Geoff. When Mr Snoop's mum was diagnosed, the doctor told her she could have only one biscuit a week. She asked if it could be a chocolate one...

Comment

• Morning all.

Not such a warm night as was forecast here. Low of 18.3 ºC, so that's manageable. Can't tell you yesterday's real high as the thermometer was in the sun and measured 59.8 ºC. The other day was over 60. I must find a better spot for it. Going to be another hot one today. This year is a bit much, you're right, Bramble. Fingers crossed next summer isn't as bad (or worse).

Bit of work to get through and then the rest of the watering to do before settling down to the bulk of the work. Off to UK next week, so need to get a lot done between now and then. Bad timing for the veg patch, but needs must.

The smiles had a good night's sleep. Or at least their bag seemed very peaceful yesterday. They must have been up to high jinks somewhere and worn themselves out. Hope that whoever that was with enjoyed their company. They can be rather distracting. Anyway, they set off in a good mood this morning and looked like they were on a mission. Didn't even bother to check out the scent of the melons on their way.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        * just popping in to see if Snoop accidentally left a few of those biccies next to the kettle……
        Big plateful left today. Sorry about forgetting yesterday. And yes, just like a bounty bar, you'll be chewing bits of coconut for a while afterwards...

Comment

• Morning

Lots of overnight rain here so the gardens looking good, not done much for the lawn but it will eventually green up. Dandelions are making a come back though I suppose they're green.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Biscuits….I think chocolate hobnobs are my favourite. Can’t find them here though. Try an Anzac recipe Snoop. Can’t recommend one particular recipe but they are delish - nearest thing I’ve found to a hobnob.
            My father’s favourites were rich tea and arrowroot. Both of them utterly rubbish for dunking! I spent many an hour of my childhood fishing out sloppy biscuit from my cuppa
            Having said that chocolate hobnobs are my favourite- I did discover a choccie digestive in the uk which has a layer of chewy toffee in it. Fantastic if eaten from the fridge!
            Oh gosh Geoff - we’re not helping you are we?…sorry.

I was up again 2-4am ironing bedding. Only got 2 hrs worth left then I’m back on top of it all until weekend.
            OH has suggested we go away overnight tomorrow in the camper to the same place as last week. I should iron more often! Te he!
            Last year bought a shower pump and head which is recharged using a USB . Got the collapsible bucket, 4 litres of boiling water in a couple of flasks, a shower curtain and pegs to attach it to the open hatchback and a small dog paddling pool. Perfect place to try it out!
            Should be fun. Oh the joys of a second childhood

I found out yesterday there are some prehistoric caves near the campsite containing cave art. Looks like another trip will be needed!

First things first though…who fancies a brew? ( ta muchly for the biscuits Snoop )

Morning Bren - sorry I missed you popping in there.
            Last edited by Nicos; 02-08-2022, 08:36 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sorry, rather hogging this thread today, thanks, Nicos. Never even heard of Anzac biscuits. They look rather good.

Comment

• ^^^ oh they are Snoop -( truly dreadful in reality Geoff)

A few years ago a gite guest brought several packets of homemade biscuits with her as a gift. She sold them in the uk to garden centres etc and they were beautifully presented - weighed by eye to a gram. I blame her. Never heard of them before either!

Comment

• Afternoon all.

All this talk of biscuits is making me itch to make some, but I wickedly made a coffee and walnut sponge at the weekend with thick coffee buttercream icing, and that needs eating up first. I say that as if it's a chore (instead of the sinful pleasure it is). I'm trying to have only a tiny bit at a time, and even so I can feel the pounds settling on my hips!

Had two new tyres for the car today, ready for its MOT next week. Crikey, they're not cheap now are they? Hope everything else is OK and nothing serious needs fixing for the MOT. I must have a go at the plastic headlights with toothpaste as they are getting a bit cloudy. Don't want the expense of replacing them if I can help it. I realize the plastic is for pedestrian crash safety, but I wish we could have glass lights again.
                  Last edited by mothhawk; 02-08-2022, 03:39 PM.
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon, I'm not a fan of biscuits can't remember the last time I had one.
                    Now Cake I do love a piece of that, had some carrot cake earlier.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I am not a fan generally of sweet stuff.....cakes or biscuits. It really has to be something special to float my boat. To my shame, I remember once complaining to Thorntons that none of their desserts were worth the calories! If I'm having a very rare sweet treat it must be ultra rich and (probably) but not always chocolatey. I must admit very few items pass my taste test. I am still trying to perfect what, in my childhood, we called sticky chocolate cake. I've not quite got there yet. It is basically "tiffin" with plenty booze soaked dried fruit in it and the consistency is crucial....I do keep practising.
                      Last edited by greenishfing; 02-08-2022, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Evenin n’alln’all

Very hot day here - spent most of it indoors in the end.
                        We’re off camping tomorrow as soon as we wake up - keep well everyone - I ‘ll hurry those smiles over to you if I spot them en route.

mmmm gf - that sounds an interesting cake. Hope it’s not rum soaked? I would have to turn that down

Ha!…maybe I should pour rum over most of my food - that would help with my dieting!

Comment

• ^^^Anything but whisky for me. I can't even stand the smell. I think it's got something to do with my dad letting me try his when I was a small child. It was beyond me how anyone could like it.

Comment

• Morning all.

Overcast and breezy here but still 20C. I've watered all the pots and picked my first two strawberries. They were free plants I liberated from runners coming under next door's fence. She's not a gardener though her father keeps trying to encourage her, and the original plants have been cleared away.

My plants are in a very large tub, and until the berries got too heavy and bent them over, the flower stalks grew straight up vertically, like garden flowers. I don't know if the reason is the variety (unknown) or the fact they are in a tub, as I've not grown strawberries before.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.

Yesterday morning was so annoying. I rang the doctor's surgery at 8am when the phone lines opened. I got the engaged tone a couple of times and then ended up 48th in the queue. An hour later I got to speak to a human to find that all the appointments had gone! They had actually sent my husband a letter asking him to book a triage appointment. After a stand-off where I remained ultra-polite but asked how on earth I could book an appointment the receptionist did tell me that they had restarted the old system where you could queue at reception in person at 8 am as well (stopped during covid).

This morning I was on their doorstep at 7.45 waiting for the doors to open. I was 3rd in the physical queue. Mr GF has now had his phone
                              appointment and there is a prescription waiting for him at the pharmacy.

It's warm and overcast today....quite pleasant. Oooh, the sun has just popped out!

Comment

• Morning all.

What a palaver, GF. How are elderly people living on their own supposed to cope? Terrible.

So, busyish day today but very glad nearly all of it is indoors. I desperately need to tie up at least one tomato and am putting it off. But the longer I do so, the hotter it'll be. So I'll be off out as soon as I've finished this message.

The smiles were sensible and left as soon as the alarm went off. Unlike me, who just dropped off and didn't wake up for another two hours. Not good, as those were the most useful hours of the day. Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk and lie-ins.

Have a great day, everyone. I've left a huge plate of biscuits over by the kettle. Help me out by helping yourselves.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X