This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Snoop, didn't see you there

I've never seen pigeons after fruit either. They never touch the apple and pear cores I toss out for the blackbirds. And this time of year there's usually plenty of wheat or barley in the fields for them to steal. Perhaps thirst drove them to it.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      Morning Snoop, didn't see you there

I've never seen pigeons after fruit either. They never touch the apple and pear cores I toss out for the blackbirds. And this time of year there's usually plenty of wheat or barley in the fields for them to steal. Perhaps thirst drove them to it.
      It's the only explanation I have. I leave lots of bowls of water about, but they do dry up during the day. Maybe I need to do a top-up later in the day, if only to protect our fruit. They must be desperate. There is a spring at the end of our valley that has lots of water, but a lot of the pond it fills is overgrown, not all of it though. We usually have hordes of bees coming to drink, and I know there's at least one hive nearby, but they're not coming to us this year. So there must be water about somewhere nearby.

Comment

• Morning all. Mr GF was moaning that his tea was too strong this morning........ he was drinking my coffee!

I think we're going Care Home visiting later today. We haven't been for weeks since Mr GF has felt unwell.

It's drizzling again here, but a pleasant 14°C, going up to 20°C later.

Comment

• Good luck at the care home, GF. Not a nice experience, if I recall from your previous posts, but I hope it means that Mr GF is on the mend.

Comment

• Good morning all .
            A pleasmorning at 15 degs.

We have lots of woodpidgeons in the grounds behind our house but they never bother with the fruit.
            On the other hand we are persecuted by the magpies eating the raspberries and strawberries.

A long walk in the park is on the cards, first time I managed to get one in this week,
            A visit to the library this afternoon and then looking after my grandson.
            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all,just poped in to say hello,huggs to those who need it,at least the intence pain has subsided ,hello Snadger nice to see you,hope you all have a lovely day,of for a bit to eat,and go find myself
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon, just been out to water my GH Tom's that's about it for gardening just now. Everything else is outside so should be fine.

Pigeons here don't seem to take fruit they're mostly pecking around the lawn or long grass behind the shed. Either that or making a noise on the chimneys.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Goodnight all.
                  Had a very pleasant evening with my grandson.
                  He spent a good hour floating leaves down the river beside our house.

Fed and and watered the tomatoes.
                  Dead headed dahlias and sweetpeas.
                  Picked my first lot of wild blackberries, where is the year going.
                  Not a lot else done s I had no energy after entertaining a four year old all evening.
                  Take care all and have a good eveningl

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Surely I am not the first to post today.
                    I need to go into town today to pick up various bits and pieces.
                    Hope you all have a good day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Looks like most of us are late on parade today, Bramble. I was up at a reasonable time but started in the veg patch up by the house even before coffee. Tied up half the tomatoes (I haven't done it recently and so progress was quite slow) and all the peppers, which were leaning a bit after a heavy downpour yesterday evening. Looks like we could have a decent yellow and green pepper harvest. The red ones have really struggled in the heat and a lot of the fruit have got sun scorch and blossom end rot. Plenty of time for a second round, though.

The smiles kept me company for a bit, but were perturbed by another European hornet. They're whoppers and can't half make a racket. Anyway, the smiles left in a hurry, so should have been somewhere round your way for ages now.

All my urgent work is out the way, at long last. Still got more I can be doing, but at least the mad rush is out the way. So if the sun comes out to play, I'll get to make something in the new machine at some point today. It's very overcast at the moment, though.

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,where has that time gone Bramble,seems only yesterday he was born,Snoop it is a great feeling getting things back in controll,some jobs feel like a pain one day,yet another no bother at all,then we wonder what the hek held us back,, when it's done,saw England get the first gold of the games,on the TV,of to see what i can get up to,without causing bother,have a lovely afternoon
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon,

​​​​I'm feeling almost back to normal just need the tiredness to go away. Not that I'm planning on going out the front door anytime soon.

Fingers crossed the Sun comes out Snoop so you can use your new machine.

Grandkids are lovely at that age Bramble it doesn't take much to keep them happy does it.

enjoy your afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            Afternoon,

​​​​I'm feeling almost back to normal just need the tiredness to go away. Not that I'm planning on going out the front door anytime soon.

Fingers crossed the Sun comes out Snoop so you can use your new machine.

Grandkids are lovely at that age Bramble it doesn't take much to keep them happy does it.

enjoy your afternoon
                            Glad to hear you're on the mend, Bren. Is Mr Pots doing OK too?

And yes, the sun is shining. So got focaccia rising and pizza dough autolysing. Interestingly, even at medium speed, it seems to draw very little power. I checked on a voltmeter and you'd hardly know it was on. So this is great news. It'll be usable even in dull conditions. And so quiet. Need to get my confidence up as it is very different. But then I'll be away.

Comment

• WHOOO Snoop,sounds brilliant,am sure your confidence will come hurtaling back lass,espesially when you have those wonderfull smilles around ,there will be no stoppingbyou,done alittle weed pulling,sown a few beans and courgettes,see what happens,will put em in the poly if they grow enough,now is rest time,my bones are kicking up,this lot of trap nerves are,far worse than the other twice,as it takes my breath,and i end up head spinning,see how it goes and maybe DR again,pleased your both feeling better Bren,not nice from those i know who have had it,and at that iwill not say another word,other han,i dodged the bullets well sofar
                              Last edited by lottie dolly; 29-07-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Evening

Thats good news about being able use your mixer more than you first though Snoop.
                                I do see what you mean about needing confidence it looks like an industrial machine compared to the Kenwood. You'll get there.

Take care Lottie xx go back to the Docs if you feel you need to.

What a difference a day makes we're both feeling a lot better and have spent time in the garden today there was a fair bit to harvest.

enjoy your Evening

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X