Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wondering.....do kids have foreign penfriends any more or do they have text friends, email friends or none of the above. I can practically feel the thin tissue like airmail paper and visualise the exotic stamps thinking about it.

Comment

• I reckon kids today will have loads of friends on social media they've never met and aren't likely to. And although they're not writing longhand, they're still writing, and I bet they get a buzz of pleasure when their phone pings to let them know they've got a new 'letter' to view.

And look at us. Even though we're unlikely to ever meet, I regard you as friends.

Comment

• Morning all. Got both flu and Covid jabs at same time. Here it’s not the GP who organises things but the Health Board. It’s been a shambles since it started. They have learned nothing over the months of doing this. Some older folks have had to leave the line and not get their jabs because they can’t stand any longer. These are all clinically vulnerable people in these lines, it’s ridiculous.
        Bit of a showery day today but not too cold. Domestics for me and then who knows.
        Enjoy your day folks! x
        sigpic

Comment

• Snoop, I too regard you all as friends. I feel as though I know you all but would walk passed you in the street!! 😃
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Snoop, I too regard you all as friends. I feel as though I know you all but would walk passed you in the street!! 😃
            Me too. I suffer from a degree of face blindness - I own up to it a lot more since I discovered Brad Pitt has it too - so I walk past people I know very well all the time. Not good. But that said, I reckon I'd recognise you anywhere Bren In Pots, but only if you were wearing your hat.
            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-10-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Evening

It’s not really evening it just seems like it today. Been out and about so no gardening today only harvesting for dinner.
              Jay our Covid jabs are organised by the NHS sending us to mass centres at the same time or just after our GP’s invite us to somewhere local or to the surgery.
              So we’ve got the choice to travel miles away or hang on for our GP’s text.
              I hope they don’t change the system.

Snoop if I’m out and about I’ll remember to wear my plant pot

enjoy your evening.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good night all.
                It took a while but the sun came out this evening.
                Its 20degs now at 10.00 tonight.

Have to say the health service in Ireland leaves a lot to be desired but since the start of the pandemic they have excelled themselves.
                At the start,
                the sports stadiums opened their doors and welcomed everyone in,with a genuine appointment.
                As time went by we were notified by our G P.
                The local pharmacy were available to take up the slack.
                An appointment genuinely meant no waiting around.
                Hopefully we will see the end of this soon.
                Goodnight aoo

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Hope your assorted jabbed arms are feeling fine today.

Grey outside but not cold. No rain yesterday. Looks like we'll get none today. Would have had a lot over the last five or six weeks in a normal year. A dry period of the year coming up soon. Our well is still giving water, though, so fingers crossed we get some good downpours in the spring to replenish the underground supply.

The day brings work and billing. Then a bit of gardening I think. Baking too.

The smiles were hanging around in the hope I'd make some biscuits this morning for people at the Post Office, but I'll do that this afternoon and go in to the village tomorrow. Got a package to pick up apparently. Also got my autumn and winter flour delivery to collect from the builders merchants. Added some spelt (white and wholemeal) which people seem to love but I've never used. Plus a bag of einkorn flour. I imagine that bread will come out like a brick - people didn't adopt wheat for nothing - but still interesting to try.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Rain due at lunchtime here Snoop hope you soon get some. I've used spelt flour a few times but i prefer wholemeal especially for my sourdough. Last couple of times I've bake its been a 2lb loaf and some bread cobs (rolls) nothing special.
                    Dehydrating apples today for my winter store then freezing the small bits.

Enjoy your day
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 12-10-2022, 08:16 AM.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Snoop I am trying to decide if you think your bread will be brick like due to an "ancient grain" of because you bought it from the builders merchant.... the mind boggles🤯🤔🤪.

It's cool, grey and we've got rain forecast today. We don't plan on going far.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Very late start for me. That’ll teach me to stay up late gawping at the TV I blame the wood stove

I too consider you all friends - sharing info/ things and having a laugh together?…yup - that’s my definition of a friend
                        And thank you all for that x

Need to get a wiggle on as I’ve ‘lost’ the morning….
                        Best start with cooking down more apples so the house smells yummy!

See ya later peeps
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning my friends,Snoop pleased for you about your meet up,is is nice to keep in touch with peeps,a friend from my old place sent me a letter card this morning,as she says,it is nice to get something in the post,we also chat every few weeks on the blower/phone,Jay that was not a good experience for you both,i have my flu jab today at 1pm,i am usually ok with it,just hoping it not to bad for as this year seems to be different,i have the fruit for the christamas cake soaking in marsala wine and spices,so hope to have them in the oven early evening,what a nice aroma to sleep to as they cool down overnight,but first have to get black treacle i thought i had ,i too value my friends on here,you all helped me though a difficult and sad time,i have now come out the other side and living a completely new life,i am also no good at putting names to faces,people claim me,then i feel awfully ignorant,also when out,i often just switched off going about,have a lovely afternoon all,and Bgood2yourselves
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            Snoop I am trying to decide if you think your bread will be brick like due to an "ancient grain" of because you bought it from the builders merchant.... the mind boggles🤯🤔🤪.
                            I bought it from a proper flour supplier but as no-one, not even the postal service, will come out to us, deliveries go to a builder's merchant and we pick things up from them.

The streets are so narrow and windy (both senses, now I come to think of it) that they take in deliveries for lots of people. I started using them just when Covid was looming on the horizon. They've been absolutely brilliant. They are among the prime recipients of my cakes and biscuits to say thanks.

Thanks for the info about spelt, Bren In Pots. Just as well I didn't order loads, then...
                            Last edited by Snoop Puss; 12-10-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Goodnight all.
                              It was a beautiful day here in Malaga.
                              National holiday so we watched the parade on TV.
                              My daughter and son in law are in Madrid for a few days and said it was a fantastic atmosphere

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
                                Looks like it rained overnight. Grory hop this morning, and maybe a mooch around wilk0s or the garden centre, though I'm not after anything specific.

Had my covid and 'flu jabs yesterday. The community nurse came to do my mum as she is housebound, and did me at the same time. Saves me a trip to the surgery. No ill effects so far for either of us, touch wood.

I need to make some biscuits later today, perhaps something with ground almonds in as the packet has been open quite a while and I ought to use them up. I'll have another cuppa and think on it
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X