This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    Here’s my proof Snoop…..https://groceries.morrisons.com/prod...pies-589678011
    I mean…how could I resist that offer?

And yes, I only had one! Honest….( only because it was the last one because ‘he who cannot be named” and our son ate the rest)
    In fact, I think this only goes to prove my point. That eating one mini mince pie is a physical impossibility (if more than one is available, of course).

Mince pies... I love them. The babka I made yesterday is delicious. I have since learned there is such a thing as a 'festive babka'. Essentially an enriched dough with mincemeat... I was thinking of trying my hand at stollen this year, but now I think it might have to be a festive babka. For anyone interested, here's a link: https://foodbodsourdough.com/festive...urdough-babka/

Bright at the moment but overnight was considerably cooler than forecast. They're now saying there's a very good chance of some decent rain on Tuesday. The smiles have been enjoying the sunshine and even the elderly cat is sitting out in the sun after almost heading off with Mr Snoop and the dogs. She used to be a very keen walker (would go miles with them), but is very much a stay-at-home cat now.

Another busy day ahead. I didn't do enough yesterday. So better pull all the stops out today. Mr Snoop has volunteered for gardening duties, so I'd best make the most of his offer as well.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Last night it was our coolest GH temp at 5.2c my remaining cucumber plants still looking ok but a bit small for picking just yet.

Thanks for the link, Snoop I've never made an enriched sourdough dough will have to give it a go sometime, i've saved the site for browsing later. Today I'm baking an ordinary yeast loaf and some bread cobs and probably scones while the ovens on. I'd best get on.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all,had to put the heating on for a while,at least it's dry with a little brightness,when dressed i got to get on with more freezer prep,what few apples i have are better in the freezer,then more squash to do another day,C cake to do hear yet,is better left to mature for a few weeks,am also thinking another day about making sausage rolles and mince pies for the freezer,it does become a bit much all at once just before the day,i am really enjoying my air frier,will try some chicken breast later on,from frozen,i got one with a grill function and want to try it out,ooooh my head is full of promises,must get of my backside and do,i need the feeling of the older days to come on in,have a lovely day all and Bgood 2yourselves,just like them smiles that do the rounds,
        Ho i have just accidently found out i have a spell checker,and how to use it,i hope,just tap the pen on the letter and it showess me,brilliant wooohoooo,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all
          Very early start for me….been to the ferry port to drop our son off But had a fantastic time….

Hibou thought we were going too and hunkered down on the sofa. I think she was rather pleasantly surprised when we returned!
          We had both wood stoves lit overnight so the place was warm when we got up.Bliss.
          We had yet another frost. It was forecast 5C but the car said 1C. Glad we stripped the last of the french beans yesterday - fingers crossed for my courgettes- I’ve yet to check on those.

It looks like today is the last sunny dry day for a few days so I guess we need to mow all the lawns again - with the warm days again we can literally see the grass growing again. Many more clover flowers suddenly appearing too - we’ll leave those patches for the bees.

Snoop - that recipe looks wonderful..thanks for sharing.

Brew time over for me….I’m fancying a mince pie now!
          Last edited by Nicos; 09-10-2022, 11:46 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Up early in a bid to get some work done, but not been very productive so far. Fingers crossed I get a bit more oomph later on.

Off out this afternoon to meet up with my French exchange partner from school days. I used to speak decent French but it's very rusty now. Mr Snoop is coming with me and he speaks next to no French. I hope he doesn't ask me translate anything complicated for him. Never forgotten the time he asked me to translate in a conversation about carburettor problems after we'd been in a country for next to no time and all I'd mastered were numbers, please, thank you and basic food stuff. In the end, it was far easier for him to draw than for me to describe... Anyway, should be interesting. First time we've met up in twenty years. Her parents will be with her and I have no idea when I last saw them. We'll all be very different now we're a lot older, but we got on really well before so am sure we will again. We're meeting in a small beach resort, so should be interesting. The smiles set off early this morning, too, so they could do their rounds and still come along. Not sure if they have ever been paddling, so might be a first for them. Mind you, I have no idea what they get up to when they're away.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

We don't have a milk delivery today so I've not ventured out yet, it looks a bit misty.

Enjoy your afternoon Snoop lots to catch up with the both of you

Comment

• Good morning

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Morning all.

Off out this afternoon to meet up with my French exchange partner from school days. I used to speak decent French but it's very rusty now. Mr Snoop is coming with me and he speaks next to no French. I hope he doesn't ask me translate anything complicated for him. Never forgotten the time he asked me to translate in a conversation about carburettor problems after we'd been in a country for next to no time and all I'd mastered were numbers, please, thank you and basic food stuff. In the end, it was far easier for him to draw than for me to describe... Anyway, should be interesting.
                Mr Snoop sounds so like Mr GF, particularly when it comes to car parts. Unfortunately Mr GF's drawing skills are on a par with his language skills and the poor shop owner, in Spain, nearly wet himself laughing. We did get the correct part...but I'm not sure how as my Spanish at the time was very limited.....Mr GF's non existent.

I hope you have a great reunion with your penfriend Snoop. I used to love it when I used to get the blue airmail letters from my penfriend in France as a child/teenager.

It's amazing how quickly a language disappears when it's not used for a few years.

My first job this morning is to go and collect my new quilt cover cover set. I've had the text to say it's ready to collect. It still amazes me how easy it is to order things with my phone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Sounds like you’ll be in for a lovely afternoon Snoop.
                  We met up recently with a French couple we met on a boat in Greece when OH and I were teenagers.
                  We sent messages at Xmas/New Year for about 10 years then lost contact.
                  I was quite nervous about meeting them but was amazed by how comfortable we all felt in each other’s company. Clearly that chemistry continues.
                  I too used to have pen friends but mine were German and Dutch - but we wrote in English. As you say gf…those blue letters were fantastic to receive. Sadly we’ve lost contact but I kept up ,and we visited each other several times, with the Dutch lass.

(Well before my time Rary , but, ….apparently 1930-1939 there were blue letterboxes specifically for airmail.
                  https://www.postalmuseum.org/collect.../letter-boxes/ )

Nice moment down memory lane for me there. Gosh - looking back we’ve loads of happy memories haven’t we?
                  Have a great time Snoop. I hope you are taking some bread or cakes or biscuits?

More gardening for me today. Got loads of clearing to do and cutting back of hedges ready for shredding etc
                  We’ve decided to convert an area of one of our potagers into a couple of Hugelkultur beds…should be interesting!

Right, brew time over. It’s OH’s burpday on Thursday so I need to focus on planning something!
                  Thank goodness I can do two things at once

Enjoy your day everyone.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 10-10-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Hi all,we thin on the ground again,hope you have a very good meet up snoop,it will be amazing what you will remember,looking back at whats gone on before in our life's it's amazing what suddenly springs into one's head,and can course things to come from nowhere,then it dawns on you ,whatthe brain is capable off,then good greive where did time go,any how hopes all are well,i enjoyed my choir practice again,came back had abit to eat,next thing i woke up,obviously i fell asleep,must have realy gone of as i was dreaming,never knew about blue letterboxes,you sound like your got a busy week again Nicos,need a drink now and see about some food,have a lovely evening all,
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening all, had our jabs yesterday. OH had a 4.20pm appointment and I had a 5.55pm appointment. Dropped OH off 5 mins before his appointment and parked the car to wait for him. He arrived back at 5.45…just enough time for me to go in. Got out at 7pm!!! They talk about keeping your distance, was shocked to find everyone crammed into a small room to wait your turn. So disorganised!!!
                      I have a sore arm and slept half of today but feel back to normal now.
                      Mixed weather today, a bit of sun, wind and rain. Clear sky just now with an amazing full moon.
                      Anyhoo, hope this finds you well. Catch you tomorrow. x
                      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Grey outside but not too cold. Piffling amount of drizzle forecast for later this morning.

Got more to do today than I care to think about. The smiles left sharpish when they saw it wasn't going to be a jolly start to the day but head down at the computer. And Mr Snoop has also scarpered with the dogs for their morning perambulations.

Had an absolutely fantastic time yesterday afternoon. We all got on so well, as per. And even though I struggled at times to find the right words, we all managed fine between us. They really were like a second family for me when I was growing up and we are still very close. Lovely. They had recollections of my dad when they visited my parents and I wasn't there. It was really nice to hear about them, very funny.

Good luck finding a present for your OH, Nicos.

Right, on with the show. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all;D
                          So pleased you had a great time Snoop. Sounds very uplifting

Jay - flippin heck - that’s a long time to have to wait. Something wrong with that as far as organising goes .
                          Hope your arm settles quickly.

Gardening and paperwork for me today, and catching up on a bit of simple domestics. A friend is doing a seed swap on Saturday so I also need to sort out some seeds to donate. Should do that first really rather than leave it til the last minute.

Enjoy your day peeps -I’m sure I spotted those smiles heading up to Jay…..

Comment

• Good morning. A great start to the day. The smell wafting out from the breadmaker lured me to the kitchen.

Snoop, you sound as if you had a great afternoon. Shared memories are a marvellous thing.

Jay, your doctor's sound totally disorganised. For our flu jabs we literally just walked through and got the jab on the way, for the covid there was no more than 8 people in a big room at any time. All the older people that I know are all vaccinated with both. They say covid cases in Yorkshire are climbing again.

It's a chilly 7°C here at the moment but the sun is shining.

I think it's grory hop time again later. It's amazing how fast the contents of the fridge disappear. Then again if I looked at the bathroom scales it's would be quite obvious where they've gone.

Bye for now.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop its good to hear you had an enjoyable afternoon.

Jay what a mess you'd have thought by now things were more organised hope your arm soon feel better.

Bright sunshine here really nice in the GH but chilly out.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morni g all.
                                We have the first dull day here .
                                Since we arrived it has been mid 20's .
                                Just 20 today but more comfortable for long walks.

Snoop, sounds like you had an enjoyable afternoon meeting up with your pen friend.
                                I had two pen friends, one in Nigeria and one in West Verginia, never got to meet either of them.
                                It was always so exciting to see those airmail odtters arriving.
                                I'm sure this generation will have lost the art of letter writing.
                                Well, that's progress for you.!

Jay, hope your arm is better now, that's a lot of jabs.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...