Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning. Supposedly it's 2°C here. I'm not inclined to believe it as everything, despite the sun's feeble effort, is still frozen solid and white over. There is not a cloud in the sky.

If, as forecast, we actually reach the dizzying heights of 6°C I think we'll call at the garden centre later for more bird food. The garden centre is only about 3 miles away but it on the edge of the moor and much higher than here. They can have far worse weather than us. The one thing I don't give the birds is peanuts as my next door neighbour constantly keeps them supplied with those and seems to attract all the local squirrels too.

Comment

• Good morning all,
      Picture post card weather..blue sky, sunshine and sparkly white frost, but minus 4 degs,
      No plans for the day so I will take it as it comes.
      Probably a salk later.
      Enjoy your trip out Nucos.
      Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning

Lovely and sunny here but very cold the best place is in my GH its 14c thats as far as I've been up to yet, of out on a stroll later though.

Enjoy your day.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday That's a funny thing to say I suppose, now I'm not working, but old habits die hard! Clear skies, sun and frost here. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Late on parade, sorry about that.

Very chilly night - Frankie was still indoors when I got up. The very first time ever (the cats have a pophole in the door so can come and go as they please), so it must have been unusually cold. Due to get colder still. Got some fleece to put over my broccolis and romanescos, but it's only 17 g per square metre, so not that great. Better than nothing though.

Half the day gone already! I've been busy, honest, but not much to show for it. Better get working harder this afternoon!

Glad you spotted the smiles, Nicos. I missed them leaving today.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon, sitting under the trees in the warm sunshine in gods own country…South Ayrshire. Beautiful blue skies too. Love this kind of weather. It was white with frost this morning but disappearing where the sun is shining. Just having a lazy day enjoying nature.
              Have a great day everyone. x
              sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, bright sunshine here just now but temperature of 4°c had to go up to my sons this morning as both he and DiL were out at work today, set off after taking the windscreen cover off and blower on full but had to stop before going onto the road (about 10ft. away) and scrape the screen as it had frosted over, and boy it was cold, once I got the boys out to school and back home OH wanted to go to select a new blind for the bedroom, guess who has to fit it😒 now need to have a quick inspection of inside of eye lids, unlike some folk on here I get up early 😇, no names no pack drill by the way Snoop when did Cool Cat go on? I have a Burns Supper tonight, also one tomorrow night, OH is just off the phone and she was telling her friend that I was out the next two nights, I pointed out its the only two nights in the year I go out, unfortunately both the same weekend this year, I didn't mention my garden club, but then she could attend that if she wanted, right off for a wee snooze, have a good day
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Glorious sunshine, hurrah! I've been to the library this morning to collect 2 books I had put on hold, and managed to find a free parking space so I didn't have to go in the car park - the cost of parking has jumped from 30p p/h to 70p p/h. As I was literally 5 minutes I was pleased find a free spot in the road

I've had two TV licence scam emails this week, so keep an eye out folks
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

We’re dog sitting this weekend it’s a nice change to have a dog in the house again, just arrived home from the first of the weekends walks.

enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      by the way Snoop when did Cool Cat go on?
                      Can't remember when. A day or so after I started snooping about as a mod. I was labelled Super Moderator and thought that a bit immodest, so decided I would go by my right and proper designation. Might have to change it in summer when it gets hot. I'd ask for suggestions but not sure how right and proper they'd be.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 20-01-2023, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Can't remember when. A day or so after I started snooping about as a mod. I was labelled Super Moderator and thought that a bit immodest, so decided I would go by my right and proper designation. Might have to change it in summer when it gets hot. I'd ask for suggestions but not sure how right and proper they'd be.
                        I don't think it would be a good idea to ask for suggestions, I think some of the suggestions would shock me😲😏
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Snoop meant to say on my previous post, double up your covering of fleece for frost protection, I think it would be worthwhile to keep your vegetables, I think it is always better to buy the 30g fleece, which can be used for several years with a little bit of care,
                          Jay North Ayrshire is the same today and even better I have had an electric radiator on since I came back in and it hasn't cost me a penny, due to having solar panels, now that's a price I like for power😁
                          Yes Nicos, it is good to know how others live, covering both their local area and gardening conditions, and yes there are some former grapes who are missed, well by me anyway, however life changes and sadly at a quicker pace as you get older, well so I have been told, once I'm old I will iet you know

Comment

• And we’re baaaack!
                            We too had to scrape the windscreens before setting off and there was plenty of black ice . All gone by the time we came home fortunately
                            OH got all his ‘bitsnbobs’, I couldn’t find any curtain fabric either in or out of the sale. Still…no hurry
                            Three orchids from ikea and some storage boxes and a quick impulsive grory hop in a couple of end of line shops.
                            Nice to be home and the fire lit.

Flo….I’ve not gone out to work full time for many years and yet I still think “ooooo…it’s almost weekend”
                            Funnily enough during the summer months weekends are change-over days and crazily busy but I still grin to myself that it’s nearly weekend! So, indeed…Happy Friday
                            Last edited by Nicos; 20-01-2023, 03:34 PM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Another frosty day here GH temp is still at -3.2c lettuce is looking ok so thats good.

Of on a stroll with our borrowed dog at least with the weather as it is we won't get sludgy

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

No frost here..we had plenty of rain/ sleet in the night though.
                                I heard owls during the night… not heard them for a while - tawny owls. Good to know they are still around but this weather can’t be easy for them.

Tis a domestics day for me…Mrs Mop eat yr heart out!

Bren…how are you protecting your greenhouse lettuce from the cold?…is it a winter hardy variety ?

The only ‘gardening’ I’ll probably do today is transferring the amaryllis which have finished flowering into other pots and replacing them with the orchids I bought yesterday.

Keep warm everyone!
                                Now then..where’s that brew?…anyone care to join me?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X