This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon

It never did rain looks like they got it right today.

Trouble with charity shops Nicos I usually find something to buy today it was a dress, it’s washed and put away till summer.

Flo hope you got your landing cleared of you’ll be climbing over it a bedtime.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
      So, have you ever found a job to do and then wish you'd never started it? My airing cupboard needed a tidy up and now there are towels and bed linen all over the landing
      Its usually my OH who wishes I hadn’t started it!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good evening all.
        Busy day in the garden as we had a lovely dry day.
        A beautiful peacock butterfly landed on the ground close to me and I was able to take a pic..
        Also had three bees come by and land on my rosemary Bush which is in flower.
        It gives me hope that the weather is getting warmer.

Rary, I hope you take it easy tomorrow after the busy day you had.

Have a good night all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All We have sunshine Have a lovely Sunday
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Sunshine here as well Flo
            The laundry is on the line, GH doors and vents open, plants are out on the garden table, next is some seed sowing and potting on.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Comment

• Morning, just popping in to say hello. Spending some time with the family, especially our granddaughter.
              the weather has been a mixed bag, cold too, but still managing to get out and about.
              Hope you are all well, have a great Sunday! x
              sigpic

Comment

• Good morning.

No sign of the sun here at all and rain doesn't look too far away. I've just spent a happy half hour meandering round the internet looking at pizza recipes. My first attempt will be very much trial and error I'm sure, but I'll be happy if we get something edible out of it.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Still waiting for our sunshine…it’s been promised!
                  Very nippy wind though so we’ve lit the fire.

Just had some fried egg butties for brunch…yum!

Not quite sure if OH has anything planned for today but I think I’ll do some more charity clearing.
                  It’s surprising that sometimes it takes three or four times looking at something and trying to decide if you still want/ need it that a final decision has been made. Watch this space though…cos next week I might change my mind!Yeh….hands up…I’m a bit of a hoarder
                  We’ve just sold a small counter top fridge which we bought many years ago and realised we needed a normal sized under the counter one instead, so it’s now gone. What do you bet that one of the fridges breaks down soon?

Best crack on then!…. See ya later - enjoy your day peeps…and I hope Rary is having a slow day today after all his recent hard work…you’re supposed to be ill Rary!…allow yourself time to heal mate x

Comment

• Nicos I know what you mean about throwing things out. For me clothes are the worst. At varying times I have had anything from size 10 to size 18 in my wardrobe, mostly hovering around size 14. I have thrown the clothes at the extremes,for me, out several times only to lose or gain weight and need them. I have now packed the larger sizes in vacuum bags that take little space as I just know it's Sod's law that if they go to the charity shop I will put weight on and need them again....and I really don't want to.

Comment

• Good morning all. Dull and grey here.

Nicos, getting rid of stuff for the charity shop generally depends on my mood.
                      Sometimes I just look at stuff and think, I will never wear that again.
                      Maybe next time I change my mind and think, it's not taking up any space so I'll keep it.

Anyway, no plans for the day other than to go to church.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Had a lovely day yesterday. Lazy day ahead today by the look of it. I'm not sorry, as my back is still bothering me a bit, despite the chocolate truffle ice cream I had yesterday, which was so big and yummy you'd think it could have solved any world problem.

Not thinking about clothes fitting or not fitting. Just had a proper fried breakfast...

​​​​​​​Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon not long back home from church, and had a quick lunch, was in bed at 11.00 last night and slept for nine hours, not had a sleep like that for ages, and don't intend to do as much as I did yesterday for a long time, weather wise it's a lot duller today and getting some light showers, don't know what I will do today whither to go out to the greenhouse or just annoy OH, I think probably the latter as the house is warmer just now. Glad you had a good day Snoop, I must have a look at Chatsworth to see if it's worth a visit, not really into visiting large houses but do like the gardens, I have visited a lot of gardens in various areas of Britain, so if the garden is worth it it might do for a holiday in that area. Well enjoy the day and keep smiling
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon all, and a dull. overcast one it is too, although it's not cold or windy.

I've been trying to re-order my Mother's hearing aid batteries, but the website is not working properly and I keep getting "Oops! try again later". I'll have to remember not to forget!

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            So, have you ever found a job to do and then wish you'd never started it? My airing cupboard needed a tidy up and now there are towels and bed linen all over the landing
                            I bet they wouldn't all go back in either, Flo.

I decided to dust my bookcase yesterday, it has glass doors but they are gappy (1kea) and the dust gets in. Most of the shelves I keep the books up to the edge, but a couple have soft toy animals or other things like fossils and pretty stones in front of the books and the dust gathers. I started off well enough, but then started browsing through the books I hadn't looked at for ages, so it took me all morning in the end.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon

Rary if you’re thinking of visiting Chatsworth house within 30mins travel time there’s also Haddon and Hardwick Halls both are well worth visiting.
                              Out of them all Haddon is my favourite not much in the way of gardens though.

Comment

• Just spent a couple of hours outside clipping back dead branches off shrubs…in a T- shirt…in the sunshine !……ta muchly for sharing it!
                                just come in for some water….thirsty work!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X