X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all.
    Bright and breezy and 11 degs.
    A trip to the library this morning to return some books.
    Looking after my grandson this afternoon.

Have a good dsy all,

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

A brightish windy morning here. It doesn't look very warm either. As Mr GF's current favourite food is roast chicken I've been looking at different leftover chicken recipes while drinking coffee this morning. This week we had it freshly roasted with mashed potato, roast parsnips and veg, the next day cold with garlic bread and salad. Then stripped off the carcase and into the freezer while we had a change. Then defrosted and yesterday chicken curry and still enough left for a chicken salad sandwich for lunch today. Among the leftover recipes I spied one for chicken risotto which I'd not thought of. I think that may be on next weeks menu with a handful of frozen peas and sweetcorn thrown in.

I'll go get Mr GF a newspaper next as I have to be in this afternoon as the gas engineer is calling to service the boiler.

Nicos, whenever I hear the word tisane I always think of Hercule Poirrot. I must say I haven't tried many herb teas but I am not a fan of the ones I have tried and as for mint tea, as served in Morroco, why was there never a handy potted plant around to water when I needed one.

Rary, I'm glad you got to visit your granddaughter again and hope she is okay. I haven't started watching Stonehouse yet but did think I might eventually give it a go.

Off to make stew now.

Comment

• good morning all,having a day at home today,got things to catch up on,my life has took wings,also want to do some scones,not done any for a while,my thinkinging also gravitates to the garden,slow down LD one thing at a time,hehehehe,have a good day all
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon n’alln’all

A bit late in today - I couldn’t get any internet
          Turns out we’ve used up our limit for the month so had to buy in more until the new month starts on the 9th

We have a questions/answers meeting tonight about having fibre installed in the area…it’s going to make a heck of a difference to us. Any tips/ advice from those of you who have already got it please?

Today the last of the Xmas decorations are coming down. It’s raining outside and I’m itching to get the house properly dusted. Having wood fires certainly increases the dust production.

I finally found a duvet cover in the UK sales! It’s half the price that I can buy it here - and it’s from a French company!
          I’m really chuffed, Not linen but but 100% cotton so that is fine. ( I’ll still be looking out for a linen one though…. eventually!)

Gosh lottie - I wish I had your energy! It really is a delight and uplifting to see you skipping around full of the joys of life

Time for a brew?…it’ll be Yorkshire tea - not hot water.,.promise!
          My favourite tisanes at the moment?…ginger; chilli and chocolate ; fennel ; liquorice. I was thinking of making my own with the left over slices of dried orange - I bet orange and ginger would be nice?

Best get a wiggle on…OH has just got the boxes for the decorations out….
          Enjoy your day peeps…..
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gf….I like to make a Thai chicken noodle dish using the stock and carcass pickings.

Comment

• Afternoon

My favourite ‘tea’ if homemade lemon and ginger. Last year I grew chamomile thinking it would be nicer than store bought bags but it wasn’t plus it self seeded everywhere ​​​​​​ Another drink I like is peppermint tea bags with a slice of lemon.

That’s good news about finding a duvet cover Nicos.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                We have a questions/answers meeting tonight about having fibre installed in the area…it’s going to make a heck of a difference to us. Any tips/ advice from those of you who have already got it please?
                It felt like 21st-century civilisation had reached our village when they installed fibre here. However, it wasn't installed around the entire village for some reason and certainly not as far out as our house where we actually live. So when you say 'area', you might want to check what exactly that means. If you live outside the village, you might find you don't get it. Sounds like your main questions, apart from that, would be how much data your package includes (though I believe fibre is unlimited), what happens if you exceed it and what other services are included. Also, there are three different speeds here (100, 300 and 600 MB per second), so you might want to check on that. We're on the middle speed and it is much quicker than I am!

Mr Snoop was really keen for us to get it in our little house in the village, and fortunately it is situated in the right part of the village. The package is not that expensive (given that it includes mobile phone calls and data). Some deals also include a landline and TV services. The installation was quick and easy and we don't even have a landline in that house. Shame we can't get it where we actually live...
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 04-01-2023, 07:09 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Comment

• Good evening, actually quite mild today 8°c with occasional light showers, one of my grandsons came down to give me a hand in the garden, for which I am most grateful, he shifted soil, pulled out some wild growth, dug out some trees and gave me a hand to empty a compost bin, which is the equivalent of a wheel bin, the above growth and thin branches from the trees was spread out over the ground then the compost spread across that, but when emptying the bin there was a bit of a smell, which he wasn't expecting, I now know he can move fast when he needs to got the bin emptied and the stuff spread and then covered it with some barrow loads of soil, I will now leave this to settle before planting some apple trees, the area cleared will be used for growing chrysants, well that's the plan for now it could change, once the rain started to be a bit heavier I got washed and headed to the hos2 to visit our grand daughter, still no scan but hopefully will be due shortly. We'll enjoy your evening and if out pass on some smiles. Goodnight
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening n’alln’all
                    Thanks for that Snoop, much appreciated - worth being aware of!

Rary…that’s really kind of your grandson to help - sounds like quite a big job just for one person.
                    We have a couple of friends who are coming to stay for two weeks in March….on the understanding they can get stuck into the gardening with us!…their suggestion!. It’s going to make a heck of a difference if the weather is kind. If not, there’ll be lots of trips out , eating and merriment Either way, a win win!

It must be time for another brew surely?…..

Comment

• Morning

Just a quick look around the vine them I'm of on a Grory hop.

be back later.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning.

I've been awake since before the crack of dawn. It is now thick cloud but earlier was a rather pretty red sky.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230105_081034.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	737.4 KB
ID:	2555716
                        It isn't overly warm this morning and I think cloud and rain is here for the rest of the day now. It is really muddy underfoot.

I'm happy you found a duvet cover at a reasonable price Nicos. The only reason I don't make noodle dishes at the moment is Mr GF has gone off what he refers to as "string". This includes noodles, spaghetti, tagliatelle etc.

Right off to make more coffee.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

wow!…what a lovely photo gf! Such a pretty sky.

Here it’s pretty drizzly - looks like it’s set in for several days.

Not sure what OH has planned for today but I know I need to get on with some Spring cleaning. I’m actually itching to get out my seed collection though…..

If it’s not too late to ask Bren - could you buy me a couple of jacket spuds whilst you’re there?….
                          Right……obviously , tis time for a brew…..

Comment

• Good morning all.

That's a beautiful pic GF.
                            It's a grey sky here but its dry and 12 degs.
                            I must take a trio into town this morning,
                            I am on the hunt for two birthday gifts, my daughter and grandaughter.
                            Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Lovely photo, GF. Glad you were there to see it on my behalf. Not sure what happened today but I slept very late. Possibly because I was doing Duolingo Italian late last night. No idea how much you learn with such apps. But Mr Snoop and I were both astounded to discover that a cornetto is a croissant in Italian, not a particular commercial ice cream.

Good luck birthday present buying, bramble. Glad I don't have to do that. I've used up all my present originality for the next twelve months!

Plenty on the cards for me today, so better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

This morning's delightful apricot coloured sky was indeed a shepherd's warning. It has pretty much rained non stop AGAIN.

I've visited the garden centre for bird food. There was nothing much else in there to tempt me as they are still in the process of getting rid of all the Christmas c**p. Just down the road is a camping centre though with a sale on. I treated Mr GF to a couple of pairs of thermal socks and a couple of new fleeces. I've now got to try and think up a suitable birthday present for a 23 year old niece.

I've just made pastry for tonight's pie and put it to rest.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X