Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with you about France and food Nicos.

Although I like to cook at home a proper holiday for me has to include having all my meals prepared, no cooking, cleaning, housework etc.
    BUT
    I remember one day while on a cruise getting off the ship and going for a wander around Marseilles. The fishing boats were selling their just caught fish and the market was amazing. I remember wishing that I had access to a kitchen.
    Not quite as bad as my mother visiting Spain for the first time and wishing she had 2 mouths.
    Last edited by greenishfing; 01-09-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• Good morning all and it's a nice sunny day..
      We dont have street markets in Dublin city unfortunately but the country towns still have them.

I am going to the options shortly for an eye test and new specs.
      Hopefully they will help as the sight in my right eye has deteriorated due to glaucoma.

We can still get fresh from the trawlers when they come into port so that's a plus.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Our village has a weekly market, lots of fruit and veg, the fish man, a shoe and slipper stall and lots of people selling clothes. The 'plastics' man has retired, and he's a bit of a loss. The fish man comes twice a week, Wednesdays and Saturdays, but I suspect his days are numbered, as the new 'supermarket' (small mini market by UK standards) has decided to try its hand at selling fish on Fridays and Saturdays. They'll also take orders. Goes to show what a small life I lead when I took this to be exciting news... I'd visit the current fishmonger more often, but you can wait an hour or more and then suddenly discover that people in front of you have been keeping a place in the queue for their sister, neighbour, friend and goodness knows who else.

Had a busy morning clearing beds and putting in some of my plug plants. Plenty to go but am very pleased with progress. Currently 32 ºC in the shade and obviously they're exposed to the sun. But at least it's not 40 ºC in the shade. Fingers crossed they all take.

Time to get a bit of paid work out of the way. Have a great afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Afternoon

Grory hop this morning was a bit different Aldi have altered their layout so everyone including us were wondering around trying to find things.
          Having more chiller cabinets with doors makes sense with the rising electricity prices.

A lovely shots an t-shirt day here with just a bit of a breeze.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening!
            My grory hop has been postponed until tomorrow but I’ve at least got my list ready!
            Could t get motivated today so done loads of pottering. Not that you’d notice but I’ve got lots of little jobs out of the way at least.

We’ve had drizzle on and off most of the afternoon and a massive downpour just now. I was hoping for thunder too… maybe later , as it was forecast. It’s more fun watching the lightning at night anyway

Time for a brew?…oh yes!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning n’alln’all

Yippee!…we had very decent rain for most of the night. Wow. Finally. Even thunder and lightning!
              I guess we’ll have lots of windfalls to cook down again

Grory hop and ironing for me today. Guess that’s my day sorted then!

What's everyone else up to? Any weekend plans?

Kettles just boiling - so who else fancies a brew?

Comment

• Morning all.

I'd love a brew, Nicos, but am running a bit late to get on with gardening before it gets too hot, so maybe later.

Haven't been out yet, but yesterday's plants were looking nice and perky when I went out last night to see how they'd fared during the day. More in today plus a bit more weeding. Feeling a bit more positive than I was a couple of weeks ago when all I saw was dead and dying stuff on my return from the UK.

Have a great day, everyone.
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-09-2022, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. Not a good night's sleep.I woke up at 3am with cramp. Just before Mr GF woke me up half an hour ago I was dreaming that I was making Christmas dinner for some strangers but it was all disorganised..... I normally have lists and timetables so that nothing gets forgotten.

I'm taking my brother in law to the doctors again later this morning.

It's overcast here but still going up to 24°C and no rain forecast for today.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop its good to hear you're feel better about your garden, hope things carry on improving.

Dehydrating more apples today and some jam making, not sure what else.

Enjoy your day.

Comment

• Thanks, Bren. Slowly getting there.

Comment

• Good morning all.Its a lovely sunny morning so I am taking advantage of it and going out walking.
                        Our forecast for to weekend is not good as the good spell of weather comes to an end.

Snoop, glad you're sounding more positive and hope your plants do well.

Bren, I am going to leave the jam making until tomorrow as it's to be a wet day.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon Folks, just a quick note to say I have been ghosting on here for a time, but thought I would let you know that I am still here, and thank you for all the kind thoughts, I will be about even though I don't feel read to post, but will say that it's so uplifting for someone to give you a smile, so remember to pass on a smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary!…
                            Great to see you mate. That certainly put a smile on my face
                            What are you up to at the moment?
                            I imagine your garden isn’t as desperately parched as mine….what’s doing well for you this year?

Comment

• Lovely to hear from you, Rary. Big cyber hug from me.

Comment

• Evening and good to hear from you Rary

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X