Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We’ve just had a chat about sitting outside for a while and lighting the fire pit. It’s 23C at the moment but cloudy.
    Decision made….it’s just started raining

Good shopping trip there bramble.
    If I go looking for something then I hardly ever find it, but if I look on the off chance and see something I need, I always buy it.
    I hate shopping so need to grasp the moment when I do.
    Last edited by Nicos; 12-09-2022, 09:19 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning

Lots of rain yesterday so not much outdoors mostly harvesting, instead I baked and juiced apples.

Bramble my sweetpeas finished last month was a disapointing show from them they usually last much longer. It has been an odd year.

Enjoy your day.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Just seen those smiles whizzing past carrying brollies - good job as it’s raining again here.

Probably just as well…I have some ironing to attack
        And windfalls to cook down. Glad I collected them whilst it was dry!

No real plans for me today - may just do a quick grory hop when I’m out getting chook feed. Blinking heck ….it’s getting expensive to buy! Hope it’s not gone up even more

I’ve just noticed the date….my father would have been 100 tomorrow had he lived. I think I’ll make something nice to eat and raise a glass to him. Do feel free to join in .

Best crack on then….. enjoy your day peeps!

Comment

• Morning Bren - didn’t see you there. I actually was thinking about you this morning…we had porridge and blueberries for breakfast.
          I was thinking about getting oatmeal or pinhead oats on our next uk trip , but tbh I really don’t understand the difference!
          What do you use/ recommend? I’d probably use them for baking and porridge if that makes a difference?…or does zapping rolled oats in a blender give much the same result?

Comment

• Thank you Nicos. You've just jogged my memory. It's my younger brother's birthday today. I've now sent off an email to Australia. I've only seen him twice in 30 years.

I'm going to do a grory hop later. I'm just waiting for the washer to finish so I can put it out to dry. No rain in the forecast for the next week though and the temperatures hovering around 20°C.

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad to hear the smiles have been spotted. I missed them this morning even though I was up really early. They must have left when it was still dark.

Drizzle here today. But still very warm. Did some watering in the likely event that the drizzle doesn't amount to much. Got plenty of things to do today, but not much enthusiasm for any of them.

Mr Snoop has gone into the village as the new freezer is due to be delivered at some point today. Fingers crossed it's OK, as I really need to get some things picked, processed and frozen.

Right, better get my mojo working, whatever that is and whatever it does when it's operating. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Another dull day but the rain has gone.
                The temp dropped to 9 overnight, first time it went to single figures.
                Off to my line dancing now, the music is really uplifting.
                Domestics this afternoon and our daughter is taking us to see Elvis, the movie tonight.
                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon peeps!

- cor - that’s cold bramble….I wonder who will be the first Grape who has a frost? Rary?..Jay???…

Cooler but very humid today for me.
                  We ended up taking our main car to be valeted inside as one of the problems with the windscreen was that it hadn’t sat properly in the frame and water had got in ..staining the ceiling fabric. It had clearly been replaced previously…but badly

However, a grory shop was accomplished as was a visit to Burger King to try one out between us. Not had one for over a decade…and it was ok for processed food. Much better than the McD we had about 6 years ago….much juicier.

Furstratingly my main bin-end shop has closed down ..I KNOW !!!!…fancy not prewarning me?
                  It was one of a few shops open between 12 and 2 and bargains were definitely to be found in there.
                  Oh well…life moves on. At least they’ve not gone under- but it’s a 40 minute drive to the nearest one now - so not a pop in and see what there is now .

Comment

• Evening

Nicos I use pinhead oatmeal they're my breakfast fave, for oatcakes I use the finer medium pinhead.
                    Have a look at this link.

https://hamlynsoats.co.uk/product/ha...nhead-oatmeal/
                    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 13-09-2022, 04:56 PM. Reason: Auto correct
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,not been a bad day here,had all the doors open at the back,let some fresh air in,nearly cought up with washing,done some shifting and sorting out,i will be in bother when son comes back,but,i feel much better having things where they better suited,tomoz is change the bed clothes,and maybe a bit of ironing the do's,my sewing den also needs a tidy up,cottons keep following me ,once i got things where they should be,i will show the vacum what for,i know it sound daft,but although very tiering,it did my brain good doing what i done last few days,do a bit,rest and groan,then repet,who needs excercise,some of them smiles flew over as well snoop,they did like the peanut covered cookies,have a lovely evening everyone
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Thanks for the link Bren

Comment

• Good evening, it has been a lovely sunny day here, first thing this morning out with OH for some shopping, then visited our friend while we were in her area, then home for lunch before taking the dogs for a walk, after that I just pottered about before making the tea, after the tea I decided to cut a hole in the end watter but so that I could seal the spicket that I had fitted, as there was a constant leak from it, I have now stopped the leak and sealed up the bit that I had cut now hoping that it is sealed ok, Nicosdo you mean frost in the garden, or are you thinking of other areas of the house, I can assure you that it definitely gets frosty inside, especially when OH mentions dust and I have to ask her what she said, I am convinced the hearing aid goes into selective hearing mode automatically at the mention of sertain words, and there is no reset with it, I just have to wait till some time passes I am now going to do some work on a jigsaw that I have started, so hopefully you all have a good day tomorrow and remember to smile. Goodnight
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Its a lovely autumnal morning, on days like this I loved being out on the hills, but sadly don't do that now, I am gong to be busy today as OH wants the inside of the windows cleaned, including the conservatory, which has 19, 4x2.5ft. windows and I can't just sit and watch her struggle doing them, so I will have to take the dogs a long walk to give her time to get them done enjoy your day and smile
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Thanks for the link, Bren. I too would use pinhead oatmeal but impossible to find here. Are the medium pinhead oats you use the ones in the link?

Comment

• Morning all.

Really heavy downpour in the night. The brassica plantlets obviously enjoyed it, but a lot of the Sungolds have parted company with the plants and are all over the ground. Shame. The San Marzano are hanging on, though, so will get those sorted this afternoon for the new freezer.

Got up very late this morning, as very late to bed. Was trying to do some copying from one hard disk to another last night and was about four hours in when the elderly cat jumped onto my desk (quite a feat for her) and landed right on one of the disks, disconnecting the cable. Very frustrating, as even though lots had copied over OK, there were a lot of folders that were only partly complete.

So, I didn't see the smiles when they set off. Hope they find you all safe and well. Glad you got a visit yesterday, LD. Sounds like you were very busy.

Plenty to do here, as per. So better get a move on.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X